Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

saturn ion killed a vette

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 12:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Torque_Wrench
If that Saturn outran a Vette......the Vette had to be a 1985 Crossfire Injection car.....which means it was pretty much worthless. I can outrun a 1985 Crossfire Vette with my damn 4000lb. 4X4 truck!

This is not a kill worht talking about. Sorry guys.

Nice Kill Those little cars can run! I'm surprised at the ignorance in this thread by some of these guys.... ... ... oh wait, no I'm not. How's the car launch? It must be a nightmare

Last edited by MillaTK; 05-12-2007 at 08:00 PM.
Old 05-12-2007, 12:45 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by MillaTK

Nice Kill :cheer: Those little cars can run! I'm surprised at the ignorance in this thread by some of these guys.... ... ... oh wait, no I'm not. How's the car launch? It must be a nightmare
tHANX KEVIN...LOL....
Old 05-12-2007, 01:00 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by redlinestage3
trust me the car is not to even be touched by any ricer hand ... besides it is a domestic motor and car company
I understand, but to me at this point 'Rice' is more a state of mind than a particular make or model. And it seems that the little 'pocket rockets' are usually the victoms.
Old 05-12-2007, 01:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i have a cobalt ss/sc same motor as this guy and i pretty much no everything about that damn car but i have never heard of a stage 3 supercharger. Perhaps you are refering to the intense stage 3 kit which will blow your car up
Old 05-12-2007, 02:06 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ls1wannabe
i have a cobalt ss/sc same motor as this guy and i pretty much no everything about that damn car but i have never heard of a stage 3 supercharger. Perhaps you are refering to the intense stage 3 kit which will blow your car up
...I'm with you. And I work for GM.....all I;ve heard of is the Stage III kit......
Old 05-12-2007, 02:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

gm is stage 3. other aftermarket vendors use the stage term loosely as well.
Old 05-12-2007, 02:49 PM

wth some of these people make me think wtf why are you all ,talking sh^t about me i told you what kind of vette it was and all i have raced is c5 vettes about three cars i put on them , 3 races differ vettes havent raced a c6 yet and i do work at saturn as a tech they have a GM stage3 s/c kit for off road use only new ecu dual pass intercooler smaller s/c pulley but the bad thing about the ecu, is that get no a/c but good things are that it is set up for 50 shot of nitrous and up to 100 octane fuel automatically just dial and go ... if you think im bsing pm me and ill show you what i got and im the slowest one out of our crew ... 4 cyl beat c6 z06 4 cars hit me up ... your be amazed what these 4 cyl cars can put out...but still please dont talk sh^t, i dont talk sh^t about your cars so why talk crap about mine ... all im saying if you dont belive me dont say bs ... just come see for yourself ... RMSTEXAS.COM OUTPERFORMANCESHOP.COM DFWCC.ORG <<<<<<sponsors to help me build the supposebly pos saturn ...lmao
Old 05-12-2007, 03:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Excuse me everyone i just wanted to say that when i started this thread it was entertaining I was not trying to start arguments or anything and i didnt know that redline would sign up for these forums just to talk **** about anything. oh and i do NOT claim any car club he does.
Old 05-12-2007, 04:07 PM
Teching In

i would get a turbo'ed sky.... thats about it... not a big fan of fwd.
Old 05-12-2007, 04:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

wth some of these people make me think wtf why are you all ,talking sh^t about me i told you what kind of vette it was and all i have raced is c5 vettes about three cars i put on them , 3 races differ vettes havent raced a c6 yet and i do work at saturn as a tech they have a GM stage3 s/c kit for off road use only new ecu dual pass intercooler smaller s/c pulley but the bad thing about the ecu, is that get no a/c but good things are that it is set up for 50 shot of nitrous and up to 100 octane fuel automatically just dial and go ... if you think im bsing pm me and ill show you what i got and im the slowest one out of our crew ... 4 cyl beat c6 z06 4 cars hit me up ... your be amazed what these 4 cyl cars can put out...but still please dont talk sh^t, i dont talk sh^t about your cars so why talk crap about mine ... all im saying if you dont belive me dont say bs ... just come see for yourself ... RMSTEXAS.COM OUTPERFORMANCESHOP.COM DFWCC.ORG <<<<<<sponsors to help me build the supposebly pos saturn ...lmao
Typing responses in *** speak without any coherency or sentence structure while defending a Saturn will get you nowhere. Learn to communicate a little better and maybe others will understand you
Old 05-12-2007, 04:28 PM
Launching!

That made my head hurt
Old 05-12-2007, 07:32 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Sleward
i would get a turbo'ed sky.... thats about it... not a big fan of fwd.
I'm with you there. Personally I like the Solstice as far as looks and its not to pricey either.

I just want to know what the changes are to the Ecotech. The original motors would not hold decent power at al apperantly. Thats not the case anymore.
Old 05-12-2007, 07:58 PM
TECH Resident

Default i got the cold to

Originally Posted by lovescamaros28
*cough* *cough* BS *cough*
o no u gave me the cold too cough cough bullshit cough cough
Old 05-12-2007, 08:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 45 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Sparetire
I'm with you there. Personally I like the Solstice as far as looks and its not to pricey either.

I just want to know what the changes are to the Ecotech. The original motors would not hold decent power at al apperantly. Thats not the case anymore.
i dont remember too much, but i know they have oil squirters aimed at the undersides of the pistons
Old 05-12-2007, 10:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

if you are not running nitrous bs.. you are running a 2.99 pulley 42.5 # injectors which is putting your injector duty cycle to well over 100%, as far as the pcm with the 100 octane tune the extra timing is few degrees worth almost nothing, the dual pass endplate is only useful if you keep beating on your car for multiple races som it may drop your iat2's 10 or 15 degrees. I have a much more modded ss and i put down that kind of power. and if you are runing a cai and and full exhuast you are maybe around 250's on a dyno jet and 105-107 traps.
Old 05-13-2007, 12:03 AM
Launching!

damn, i would have parked my **** under a tree if i got beat by an ION
Old 05-13-2007, 12:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

haha i don't think you will ever have to worry about that ^
Old 05-13-2007, 02:41 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BigRon77
What year Vette? And who the hell would bother putting 270hp in an Ion???
I thought it might be an 84 with crossfire injection, but he said 282hp. That would only be 82hp. That had to be the crappiest idea of a motor ever put into a vette!
Old 05-13-2007, 02:52 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by That_guy
o no u gave me the cold too cough cough bullshit cough cough
Old 05-13-2007, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by ls1wannabe
if you are not running nitrous bs.. you are running a 2.99 pulley 42.5 # injectors which is putting your injector duty cycle to well over 100%, as far as the pcm with the 100 octane tune the extra timing is few degrees worth almost nothing, the dual pass endplate is only useful if you keep beating on your car for multiple races som it may drop your iat2's 10 or 15 degrees. I have a much more modded ss and i put down that kind of power. and if you are runing a cai and and full exhuast you are maybe around 250's on a dyno jet and 105-107 traps.

shows what you know running a 2.8 in pulley boys s/c pulleynot 2.85 ill put my dyno sheet on as soon as i get home,,, lmao then youll be eating your own words.. SS mmmm.wanna race havent lost to a colbalt yet lol ...
tuned by rmstexas gm stage 3 s/c ported throttle body CAI exhaust and thats about it... and btw shows what you know again stage 2 is 3.10 in s/c pulley too ,dumb people make me laugh bro dont question me about saturns or my car im a mechanic at saturn of arlington...

Quick Reply: saturn ion killed a vette