Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Ditching the PoPo

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 01:05 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ditching the PoPo

thought it would be intresting over here to see what ppl have done to get away from the police. I know ppl have done it and no its not right but a Story is a story
Old 05-28-2007, 01:06 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

haha i shifted back into 4th and floored it... dont that one a couple times
Old 05-28-2007, 01:13 AM
Launching!

such a bad idea
Old 05-28-2007, 01:21 AM
Banned

I did it on a bike, not in a car though.
Old 05-28-2007, 02:08 AM
Staging Lane

Yeah I never said it was a good IDEA but some time in the heat of the moment you don't think straight. Like your doing 100+ on the highway and the popo's going the other way and you see him hit his breaks and pull a Uie. I DO NOT suggest running but the past is the past and you cant change it so why not enlighten some fellow posters.
Old 05-28-2007, 06:42 AM
Staging Lane

Well not something to be proud of, but back when I was 21, drank 16 shots within an hour and a half at a bar (I'm 175lbs.), then hopped in my car to head to my friend's house. I drive crazy as hell when I drink 'n drive, which I never do anymore. As I'm heading over there going 100mph down a 45mph street in my 4-banger, I completely ran this red light and a cop was sitting there about to go as it turned green. Course he started chasing me, but my friend's house was very close and I had such a head start, I just ran the red light to turn left into the residential neighborhood. Clipped a beater 50's Chevy pickup making a turn through the narrow streets and sheared my right headlight clean off. Pulled up into my friend's front lawn, (kinda ghetto area so nothing out of the ordinary) and they're running outside to see wtf, I told 'em the cops are behind me and we ran inside. Cop most likely saw only a streak of my car go by, and there were so many ways to go, so never found me.

My drunk *** though, waited there for maybe 30 mins, till I insisted I was cool to drive across town back home. My friend's tried to persuade me to chill, but didn't do anything physically to stop me from leaving. First turn from their house I tried to take at 50mph, lost control and plowed into a parked Silverado, breaking my front axle and smashing my windshield with my dome. Tried throwing it in reverse to bone out, but course it didn't even move. Jumped out and started running but half the neighborhood was already running outside yelling at me to stop, so I just went and sat in my backseat till the cops showed up. So pretty much got what I deserved in the end, luckily they never connected the dots with the earlier stunts though.

Probably not worth it to run unless you're facing some serious jail time, usually ends up with a knock on your front door these days, even if you seemingly do get away with all the cameras around now if you're in an urban area. I only spent maybe 3 hours locked-up, but if you're caught after trying to run here in Cali, think it's an automatic 6 months, plus whatever else you did. Much rather get an infraction or traffic misdemeanor over that.
Old 05-28-2007, 06:57 AM
TECH Regular

Ibtl .
Old 05-28-2007, 10:47 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive done it on my bike numerous times, but thats a lot easier then in a car. My bike weighs 400lbs. wet and its a lot smaller so I can fit it in places cop cars cant. But I would never do it in a car.
Old 05-28-2007, 11:52 AM
Teching In

nothin to be proud of ive done its a few times in my small town cause our cop cars go like 100 and most of our cops couldent succesfully parallel park. but one time i passed a cop on a 2 lane rd(45mph)goin about 90mph and he blue lighted so i dropped the hammer and took off. when changin onto the next rd i pulled out right in front of a sheriff and they immediatly started chasing but it was a matter of sec. till i couldent c lights. there cars just couldent keep up. but i couldent make it home so i went on a dirt rd and parked my car. and ran home through the woods. and long story short they found my car ran the plate and found me i got (elluding, to fast for cond. wreckless driving, not maintaining a lane, running a stop sign, endangering pedastrians) needless to say i will never run again i was young and made a mistake!
Old 05-28-2007, 01:03 PM
12 Second Club

one time at about 3 am in my 3rd gen. I was alone and just doing a top speed run just for the hell of it, to see what it would do. Well I was doing about 130 and there was a cop sitting off to the side of the road(just my luck) and I see him hit his lights. I just kept it to the floor, went into a small town, turned into someones alley parked by their garage shut off my lights, waited about an hour and went home and never heard of it again.
Old 05-28-2007, 01:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

About 2 months ago me and my friends were riding around with the potato Gun and saw and Old house that for some reason sounded funny to shoot. I pull over on the far shoulder and me and a buddy jump out and get it loaded, He shoots it but misses. We start to reload and he sees a car creeping out from where we shot with just its parking lights on. We throw the gun into the Bed (My pickup) jump in the truck, I throw it in reverse, do a half *** U turn in the road and take off. He chased us for a good 5-6 miles. The truck is governed at 100 but it'll take turns like a champ lol. We ended up ducking into a dirt road that runs along the canal. We came out on the road where it all started and to our suprise the car in front of us turned into where the initial car came from. So my friend (being the dumbass that he is) sits up on the door and yells "We win mother f@cker" while were doing about 60mph.

I dont think it was a cop but we're pretty sure it was a park ranger.

It was a good adrenaline rush, pretty funny too
Old 05-28-2007, 02:43 PM
wrp
9 Second Club

I rarely ever go more than 15 mph over the posted limit, no matter how quick I get there. I been successfully avoiding them for years.
Old 05-28-2007, 02:53 PM
11 Second Club

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts

Not saying it's right, but in the moment you do it..
I was coming from a friends house a while back on some back roads hauling some *** one night. I run the roads all the time, so I know them real well. I passed a cop, he was coming at me, I was goin about 85+ on a flat stretch. His Blues came on, he slowed down to turn around, and as I was goin around a curve I shut my Tail Lights off(I had a Thread about that a while back, I wired that in), and I stayed ahead of him until I hit a 4-way stop, made a left and went around the bend just in time to see him stop in the intersection and try to figure out where I went. Got home no prob.
Not the right thing to do, but it worked..
Old 05-28-2007, 02:59 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by the_merv
Not saying it's right, but in the moment you do it..
I was coming from a friends house a while back on some back roads hauling some *** one night. I run the roads all the time, so I know them real well. I passed a cop, he was coming at me, I was goin about 85+ on a flat stretch. His Blues came on, he slowed down to turn around, and as I was goin around a curve I shut my Tail Lights off(I had a Thread about that a while back, I wired that in), and I stayed ahead of him until I hit a 4-way stop, made a left and went around the bend just in time to see him stop in the intersection and try to figure out where I went. Got home no prob.
Not the right thing to do, but it worked..
I have the same light setup as you do, mine was just alittle different trying to find the 3rd brake light wire.
Old 05-28-2007, 03:08 PM
11 Second Club

You mean the Center Brake light, do the T/A's have that?
Here is the Thread..should be the same being both F-bodies..
https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-modifications/666951-tail-light-mod.html
Old 05-28-2007, 06:42 PM
TECH Regular

Yep, we have it. There wasnt a wire down with the others on the drivers side that I could find, so I found the ground wire to it (up near the dome light in the back) and put a switch there.
Old 05-28-2007, 08:39 PM
11 Second Club

There isn't the same Wires that I had found for mine in that Thread ..
Old 05-28-2007, 09:03 PM
TECH Resident

i was at the stop light with a 5.0 and we went on green and my car bein so loud the cop heard me from 2-3 stoplights back. i take the nearest right hoping the cop would follow the 5.0.....i look back about a block down and here it comes and now the sign in front says dead end! i take the next two rights and haul *** and once i get to the freeway theres no sign of him.
Old 05-28-2007, 09:15 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

being older now, and wiser (somewhat lol) risk vs reward... think about it.. a ticket, some time out of your day vs jail, lawsiut, god forbid someone gets hurt or killed (including the cop chasing, it's on you.. yeah you can drive but can he/she??) just some things to think about guys..

when I was 18 I was speeding, 85 in a 50, in NY. I saw the HWY patrol pull out after me so I kept in it, got off an unfamiliar exit and hit a dead end. Shut my lights and stayed put. all the while my friend saying "you know you're fuqed right?" ......he was right... here he comes lights, I mean all of them, off.. he gets us out of the car at gun point and proceeds to beat me down, not bad, but quite enough for me to realize it was a bad idea... today I'm sure some little wuss would cry to his parents and sue and blah blah blah, but I looked at it like DAM, I just got a second chance NOT to get locked up... real eye opener for me..
Old 05-28-2007, 09:24 PM
Launching!

well i am not saying this is the smartest thing to ever do. but when i first got my 97 lt1 the first night i had it my friend and cousin were cruising with me and we decided to find the limit of the speedo. we picked a 5 mile straight stretch with a uphill climb at the end. well of course we were going 70 when we hit the straight stretch and the old lt1 was going with all its might. right before the uphill end of the stretch there is a farm house well the popo was sitting there as we blew by doing 150+ in a 55. after the hill and a few miles of graduall slowing down i can see headlights faintly and gaining ground. Not thinking anything of it we proceeded another few miles to town when i hit the 20mph zone for the local school zone i was just seeing how responsive it was going slower cause at 150+ its a tad touchy. well all of a sudden out of no where the cherries and berries come on i pull over give up my info, he comes back and asks if i know why he stopped me i said no of course, he responds you were going pretty quick back there and i was like huh, he said all i saw was a blur of lights go by and i looked at my radar and it was blinking at me. Didnt show any speed. he then proceeds to tell me how he had to go 110 in his vic to catch up to us and gave me a breathelizr for swerving, and warned us to go back to wisconsin about 15 miles away, and not be out after dark again, in minnesota. Also this happend at 2am. and there were no other cars on the road except me and him.