Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

07 Mustang ROUSH 427R supercharged vs 93 z28

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 07:31 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ponygt65
Choco - you don't even realize how hypocritical you are.
funny. then give me an example. i'm all ears.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:57 PM
***Repost Police***

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
does anyone on this website have a car that runs 3's or 4's? because there are cars out there that do. by your logic, unless you have a 2 second car, you can't voice your opinion since there are people out there faster than you.

there is always someone faster than you.

i'm faster than 98% of the cars on the road. i have every right to say whatever i want about overrated cars. it has nothing to do with how fast my car is. it has everything to do with how slow yours is (and by "yours", i don't physically mean yours. i mean the person in question).
Yeah... but if you're running mid 13s, you can't call somebody else that runs mid 13s or faster "slow." You can say, "slow for the money," or something like that... but not "slow."
Old 06-01-2007, 08:20 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok I give up you win. You want to talk numbers but don't show any. You want to talk real world and I show a car on the track you don't show any. That my friend is talk. No proof on your part to show diffrent. You say you come on these forms so that people get well informed information. You are sitting at a world of info at your fingers and yet don't take the time to search and show. I myself have not driven a Roush on the track have you? Yet you are calling a mid 12 car and will for sure bleed Ford blue until the day you die. That is great but let's talk facts. The 500 is a mid 12 car from the factory with VERY much potential to post better. You can refuse to see anything and nothing that is posted will change your mind and that is not what I'm trying to do neither. Just trying to give people accurate information which is exactly what you say you are here for.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:38 PM
TECH Resident

ROFLOL. I wouldn't brag about "driving skills" if all you do is pull up to the line, stab the gas, and steer straight down the track. Doesn't matter if it is your first time or your last - the absolute easiest F-body to drag race is a bone stock, 2.73 geared A4.

The average 12 year old could go a 2.0 60 ft in your car, so long as he/she could reach the pedals, that is.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:51 PM
TECH Veteran

Wow this thread has a few fights at once
Old 06-01-2007, 08:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

lol.

Choco holdin' it down vs. Ford boys.
Old 06-01-2007, 09:29 PM
Banned

Good kill to the OP.

LT1 Powa
Old 06-01-2007, 09:54 PM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Yeah... but if you're running mid 13s, you can't call somebody else that runs mid 13s or faster "slow." You can say, "slow for the money," or something like that... but not "slow."
sure i can. when did i ever say my car was fast? i can say whatever i want to say.
Old 06-01-2007, 09:55 PM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by Bob Cosby
ROFLOL. I wouldn't brag about "driving skills" if all you do is pull up to the line, stab the gas, and steer straight down the track. Doesn't matter if it is your first time or your last - the absolute easiest F-body to drag race is a bone stock, 2.73 geared A4.

The average 12 year old could go a 2.0 60 ft in your car, so long as he/she could reach the pedals, that is.
what was your 60 foot time in your bone stock 2.73 geared A4?
Old 06-01-2007, 09:56 PM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by Finite1
lol.

Choco holdin' it down vs. Ford boys.
amusing, isn't it? i know i think it's funny really, i do it for you guys. i feel my duty to LS1tech is to give you guys a thread worth reading to brighten up your night every now and then.
Old 06-02-2007, 01:20 PM
TECH Resident

what was your 60 foot time in your bone stock 2.73 geared A4?
0. But I guess the point went right over your head.

Tell me...what is it that you did with your car - the very first time you raced it - to get that stellar 60 ft out of it?

Slip the converter?
Sidestep the brake pedal?
Unmash the gas?
Powershift the gear lever?

My friend...in all honesty....no BS intended at all....saying what you did speaks volumes about what you DON'T know about drag racing, and makes you sound like a complete and total idiot. I know you aren't - I've read your posts and you're not dumb - but you really ought to stay in your lane.

This isn't your lane.
Bob
Old 06-02-2007, 01:45 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by mystic98ls1
You live in bowling green, I live in nashville. I wonder if it was the same guy I raced a few weeks ago.
probably, he said he bought it new, still had temp licenses plate, and he just go back from florida, he told me a story about racing a turbo ls1 w/ nitrous in nashville, was it you
Old 06-02-2007, 01:49 PM
TECH Resident

Bob, you're the man! I always enjoy it when you post here in the kill section!

Good kill to the op
Old 06-02-2007, 01:51 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by darcar1
Pony show me something diffrent. I showed a time that I found that was about average. Not the first page I pulled up. I also said I have seen them as low as 13.1 so I gave credit where it was due. Now I know most of the ford guys would like to take all their stock performance numbers out of Mustang Muscle but that would not be fair neither. The car comes with a blower that most would say is not worth crap and a price that out performs the cars performance. By no means am I talking Ford down just being realistic. They have come out with a product that is selling and are making the most of it. They have also had some very nice cars that I always give recoginition to ie terminator, mach, 500 and so on. What gets me is that some people actually buy the hype of the new ford commercial Quote: The Mustang doesn't have any competition in the muscle car field. Just be real with me, if you had 50k to spend on a car in your hand right now what would it be ? The Roush Mustang???
there is a video on streetfire of a 427r vs a header ehaust lid ws6 ls1, check it out
Old 06-02-2007, 01:53 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ponygt65
Stage 1....first time out female........ran a 13.6 @107.......STAGE 1 (you know what that is right?)..........yet a 427R is only .5 quicker?........BTW - I love how you pick a Autoblog 'testing' video...not a joe blow everyday person vid. stop magazine racing man.......a 427R is a 12 second car showroom floor....not low 13s at best.
i raced him twice, i say low 13s at best
Old 06-02-2007, 03:24 PM
Tech Resident

0. But I guess the point went right over your head.
it didn't go over my head at all. you don't have a 2.73 geared A4, so you don't know a damn thing about what it's like to launch one. you just helped prove my point. apparently, what i said went over your head.

Tell me...what is it that you did with your car - the very first time you raced it - to get that stellar 60 ft out of it?

Slip the converter?
Sidestep the brake pedal?
Unmash the gas?
Powershift the gear lever?
it's all about how much gas you give it and when. i didn't do anything special at all. it's all timing.

My friend...in all honesty....no BS intended at all....saying what you did speaks volumes about what you DON'T know about drag racing, and makes you sound like a complete and total idiot. I know you aren't - I've read your posts and you're not dumb - but you really ought to stay in your lane.

This isn't your lane.
Bob
i'm quite good at drag racing, especially for the very few times i run my car hard. again, you don't know what it's like driving the car. until you drive the same car and do better, your opinion has no merit.
Old 06-02-2007, 04:02 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

i'm quite good at drag racing
Maybe in comparison to the average schmoe, but not compared
to Bob Cosby. That is a fact my friend and there is no disputing it.
Old 06-02-2007, 04:56 PM
TECH Resident

it didn't go over my head at all. you don't have a 2.73 geared A4, so you don't know a damn thing about what it's like to launch one. you just helped prove my point. apparently, what i said went over your head.
ROFLOL. Ya, you're right. It is cars like yours from which the saying "push-n-go" and "stab-n-steer" came from - because that is ALL you have to do.

Wait....maybe its about mashing a bit harder....or a bit slower....to get just the right "mash" on the pedal at just the right time!

it's all about how much gas you give it and when. i didn't do anything special at all. it's all timing.
Oh spare me. There's probably someone here that believes that - maybe even you - but I doubt it. Hell, look at YOUR OWN VIDEO. That piece rolling resistance can't even turn a tire on virgin asphalt.

Note: It is possible that the car in that video isn't yours. If that is the case (hopefully for you) - let me know, and I'll retract my statement.

i'm quite good at drag racing, especially for the very few times i run my car hard.
"Quite good"....compared to what? Do you run in the "Stock 2.73 geared A4 LS1" racing series? Have you competed against other like cars/drivers and whooped them at their own game? Or are you just assuming that you are "quite good at drag racing" because..........well hell, I can't think of a good reason why you would assume that.

Please tell us.

again, you don't know what it's like driving the car. until you drive the same car and do better, your opinion has no merit.
Bahahahaahahahahaha. Ok - you got me. You're the stock 2.73-geared A4 LS1 guru. Unless they have beaten your time, nobody can have an opinion with merit.

Classic.

Say....weren't you saying something earlier about having "every right to say whatever i want" about over-rated cars and such, even though you haven't owned any of them, raced any of them, or even driven any of them? Given this true and accurate statement, one must thus infer that you believe your opinion has merit? Correct? And if that is the case, should not my opinion have merit too, even if I've never driven a slug like your car (you know, the one you want to be slow)?

Bueller?

Remember what I said in my last post about you not being dumb? Silly me for assuming.

BTW....earlier in this thread, you said "i couldn't care less what i run, and i couldn't care less that i ran a 13.6 @ 105 stock with the slowest LS1 f-body made." If you "couldn't care less", why are you trying to convince people that your such a good drag racer?

Have a great evening.
Bob
Old 06-02-2007, 06:15 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BayAreaSS
Wow this thread has a few fights at once
you. you stfu.
Old 06-03-2007, 12:34 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by mark306ci