Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

07 Mustang ROUSH 427R supercharged vs 93 z28

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 12:46 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Cosby
0. But I guess the point went right over your head.

Tell me...what is it that you did with your car - the very first time you raced it - to get that stellar 60 ft out of it?

Slip the converter?
Sidestep the brake pedal?
Unmash the gas?
Powershift the gear lever?

My friend...in all honesty....no BS intended at all....saying what you did speaks volumes about what you DON'T know about drag racing, and makes you sound like a complete and total idiot. I know you aren't - I've read your posts and you're not dumb - but you really ought to stay in your lane.

This isn't your lane.
Bob

This is one of the funniest posts I've seen!
Old 06-03-2007, 01:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by darcar1
Ok I give up you win. You want to talk numbers but don't show any. You want to talk real world and I show a car on the track you don't show any. That my friend is talk. No proof on your part to show diffrent. You say you come on these forms so that people get well informed information. You are sitting at a world of info at your fingers and yet don't take the time to search and show. I myself have not driven a Roush on the track have you? Yet you are calling a mid 12 car and will for sure bleed Ford blue until the day you die. That is great but let's talk facts. The 500 is a mid 12 car from the factory with VERY much potential to post better. You can refuse to see anything and nothing that is posted will change your mind and that is not what I'm trying to do neither. Just trying to give people accurate information which is exactly what you say you are here for.

NOw you are being contradictive. You say you post a 'real world' with a car on the track....NO, what you posted.....was a video magazine review. THAT is not REAL world. Secondly, where the HELL did we talk abotu the 500? Thirdly, if you TRUELY believe that a GT500 is a mid 12 car...THANK YOU for showing me your ignorance on the subject......it is a LOW 12 second car, and that has been PROVEN time and time and time and time again. You sir are the one that doesn't know **** from a baby ruth. And your posts proove it. You have NOT shown proof of anything. MY post was a link of a car with 100 LESS HP.......driven by a FIRST TIMER, and it ran what you are claiming the top of the line Roush will run.

AND for you to say I BLEED ford blue on the basis of this thread just goes to show just how close minded you are about me and Fords. I state facts...not guesses, and I don't go strictly off of a local track that I have seen one driver do. MAYBE if you choose to not be so 'thick headed' about stangs, you just might learn something.
Old 06-03-2007, 01:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by erickeown
i raced him twice, i say low 13s at best
No offense...but that comment was 'ricey'. Racing one car/driver twice on the street, is hardly a way to judge what a car/driver 'should' do at the track on it's ET.
Old 06-03-2007, 05:13 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ROFLOL. Ya, you're right. It is cars like yours from which the saying "push-n-go" and "stab-n-steer" came from - because that is ALL you have to do.

Wait....maybe its about mashing a bit harder....or a bit slower....to get just the right "mash" on the pedal at just the right time!

Oh spare me. There's probably someone here that believes that - maybe even you - but I doubt it. Hell, look at YOUR OWN VIDEO. That piece rolling resistance can't even turn a tire on virgin asphalt.
that's because i didn't mash it until i hit 3k rpms. i saw no need to spin my tires.

"Quite good"....compared to what? Do you run in the "Stock 2.73 geared A4 LS1" racing series? Have you competed against other like cars/drivers and whooped them at their own game? Or are you just assuming that you are "quite good at drag racing" because..........well hell, I can't think of a good reason why you would assume that.
compared to other users on this site's 60' times with a 2.73 geared A4 on a stock stall.

Bahahahaahahahahaha. Ok - you got me. You're the stock 2.73-geared A4 LS1 guru. Unless they have beaten your time, nobody can have an opinion with merit.
thanks.

Say....weren't you saying something earlier about having "every right to say whatever i want" about over-rated cars and such, even though you haven't owned any of them, raced any of them, or even driven any of them? Given this true and accurate statement, one must thus infer that you believe your opinion has merit? Correct? And if that is the case, should not my opinion have merit too, even if I've never driven a slug like your car (you know, the one you want to be slow)?
my opinion this case happens to have more merit than yours.

Remember what I said in my last post about you not being dumb? Silly me for assuming.

BTW....earlier in this thread, you said "i couldn't care less what i run, and i couldn't care less that i ran a 13.6 @ 105 stock with the slowest LS1 f-body made." If you "couldn't care less", why are you trying to convince people that your such a good drag racer?
i'm not. i still couldn't care less. it's just funny watching you freak out over nothing.
Old 06-03-2007, 05:44 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
my opinion this case happens to have more merit than yours.
Only in your own eyes.