Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Cops Destroy 6 Street racing Cars

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 01:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

first off .. he said he bought the part from his uncle??? so his uncle stole it or bought a stolen part... so now his car get crushed because he bought a stolen part... i think the part should have been repossesed and then crushed

but only the stolen part.. if the rigth owner could not be found.. 2nd .. so if i buy a part off ls1 tech 9 or else where) and it was stole .. how am i to know this?? next, why the **** would any one go to see their car crushed .. unless they are tring to make it public? i sure the hell wouldnt be there if they did get my car .. and last if i thought they were going to take MY car .. The chase would be on... ill drive my car into a ******* wall at 100 before i let those POS cocksucking goverment fucksticks take my car ..Period..

Now true there should be actions for stolen parts and when someone causes a death in a street race .. other than that .. Dick head Bush and his little cronnies can kiss my *** ..

2 cents
Old 06-23-2007, 02:29 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stockz
Dick head Bush and his little cronnies can kiss my *** ..
Where in the hell did that come from? Is President Bush responsible for what goes on in Commiefornia nowadays?

Anyhow, yeah it would suck to have your car crushed, but if them's the rules, them's the rules. I for one don't street race anymore due to the potential consequences. In that area, I guess if you don't want your car crushed, don't attend or race in street races. If you live in that area and don't like the laws, elect someone who will get them off the books. ( Good luck in CA though... )

As far as the 350 rwhp Civic goes, I could see it being a good race based on WHP/Weight ratio. There are some fast ones around here, in fact, one shop built a C5 Z06 with a Maggie, and a Civic with a turbo H22. The Civic MURDERED the 'Vette on the highway. The Civic is even faster now, put down over 550 whp, and ran a 10.6 babying it down the track before he lifted a head.

There are imports that are fast. You just have to look to find them.
Old 06-23-2007, 09:56 PM
11 Second Club

Received 116 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by SS101

does anyone know where LS1s were/are made...fort pierce pointed out in a different thread the obvious flaw in logic when refering to f-bods as domestics when they're made in Canada...my next logical question is, where's the motor made? if it's made in mexico or something that was put a serious dent on some people's american V8 pride lol
Mine is built in my Kitchen..nothin like a little home brew..

A 350rwhp Civic vs. that LS7 Corvette...I can see the Vette get up and leave it, the Torque is what is goin to be the factor here.
Old 06-24-2007, 12:16 AM
TECH Regular

well yeah, an ls7 would smoke it of course, but i guess they mean vette's in general. lol and to the whole "vtec kicking in" thing, yeah, i noticed it. and then i killed a kitten.
Old 06-24-2007, 12:47 AM
12 Second Club

FWIW...referring back to the 350 whp civic being able to beat a C6 Z06, a buddy of mine has a gutted to hell 92ish Civic hatch and made a little over 350 wheel last year with his turbo GSR setup, and was only trapping 120-121 ish on drag radials. That isn't close to being enough to hang with even a poorly driven C6 Z06.
Old 06-24-2007, 01:25 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Fort Pierce
Ferraris are slow and break down a lot. A nsx is a professional race car and will beat ferraris and also rev very high. It has something called V6 vtec.
This has to be a joke. VTEC does not give an NSX the extra 2-6 cylinders to hold a Ferrari. Yes, imports can be built, but it costs more, and most ricers will make outrageous claims because they're all about image rather than ET's, like it is for most musclecar owners.
And, if we look at the stats of the NSX and a Ferrari F430: NSX: 280 hp V6 F430:480 hp V8. Both are fairly close in weight. Somehow I think that extra 200 hp would come in handy.
I think there should be certain criteria for crushing, kinda like capital punishment.
Old 06-24-2007, 03:52 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by jonintheredcamaro
This has to be a joke. VTEC does not give an NSX the extra 2-6 cylinders to hold a Ferrari. Yes, imports can be built, but it costs more, and most ricers will make outrageous claims because they're all about image rather than ET's, like it is for most musclecar owners.
And, if we look at the stats of the NSX and a Ferrari F430: NSX: 280 hp V6 F430:480 hp V8. Both are fairly close in weight. Somehow I think that extra 200 hp would come in handy.
I think there should be certain criteria for crushing, kinda like capital punishment.
On the highway it wouldn't even be a race, the NSX would get destroyed. But on a road course the NSX holds it's own quite well for being underpowered. There was a Best Motoring video of the NSX vs a few exotics (Murcielago, Gallardo, Ferrari, and some Porsche) and the NSX held the lead for most of the race but was passed on one of the last straight aways.
Old 06-24-2007, 10:36 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by jonintheredcamaro
It costs money to build anything. If you can't pay, dont play.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:27 AM
TECH Addict

thats ridiculous... rice or not.. what a waste..
Old 06-25-2007, 08:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by z_speedfreak
thats ridiculous... rice or not.. what a waste..
I agree. Could have started a nice Fast and the Furious-style collection outside the front door of police HQ.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:11 AM
On The Tree

Ahhh, rice or not...that's bullshit. To get crushed is a tad extreme IMO. They could have kept the cars and auctioned them off out of state OR.......do a police charity fund raiser and let people pay $5 to have 30 sec. on the civics w/ a 10lb sledge hammer.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Who the hell uses "Best Motoring" ? They can't even drive a C6Z... then again, i'm not a fan of best motoring, they come across as unfamiliar with imports (imports to them)
A F430 can annihilate a NSX on a road course. I've seen it, and it's not a pretty sight.

Btw... the newer ferrari's are quite nice maintenance wise, and they rev to the freakin' moon too, at least to me they do.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:58 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by dsmfan95
On the highway it wouldn't even be a race, the NSX would get destroyed. But on a road course the NSX holds it's own quite well for being underpowered. There was a Best Motoring video of the NSX vs a few exotics (Murcielago, Gallardo, Ferrari, and some Porsche) and the NSX held the lead for most of the race but was passed on one of the last straight aways.
I didn't say anything about road courses, nor did I say the NSX sucks. I said VTEC isn't the greatest ******* thing ever made, and a VTEC V6 isn't better than a V12 IMO
Old 06-29-2007, 10:00 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by XakEp
It costs money to build anything. If you can't pay, dont play.
Really, it costs money to be able to play? I would never have know that, since I played around with my Z28 and blew the engine. Now I'm paying cause I was playing too much. Once again, I didn't call the NSX bad, just that IMO it ain't the greatest ******* thing ever made geez.

Quick Reply: Cops Destroy 6 Street racing Cars