Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

raced a Cobalt SS

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 03:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wrp
You want to put a pall on a thread including Cobalt guys, ask them how they'd do against an STi or Evo. Never had even an answer from one of them. Usually they quit posting. On the other hand. They got the future of performance for the average guy, this 35 mpg deal is gonna be the death of the affordable rwd V8, JMHO.

GM Employees and salespeople are telling the suckers that buy them that they are clearly stronger than the LS1/LS2 cars. It shocks the hell out of them when they run their first one and realize they've been had. On the other hand Erica Enders used to drive a fast one.

every car is different can't ask them how they would do against a car it might be stock it might be a monster. I ran 2 04 gto's and pulled both of them one from a dig and one from a roll, then a day later a audi handed me my ***. I'd like to run a sti or a evo just not enough around to many damn f bodies
Old 06-25-2007, 03:52 PM
Banned

I really dont understand the point of buying a $25,000 supercharged 4cyl cavy with 200hp, can somebody please educate me why you would buy one?
Old 06-25-2007, 03:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well i picked mine up for 23 loaded, onstar, xm, side curtain airbags, lsd, recaro bucket seats, 7 speaker pioneer sound system. Its under warrnaty and it trapped 85 in the 1/8th with $00 in mods should i go on.
Old 06-25-2007, 03:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

o and its not a honda
Old 06-25-2007, 04:20 PM
Banned

I keep forgetting everyone here bought an LS-1, 2, 3, 4 or whatever.

The truth is for 23K you can buy an 8 second 160 mph bike 1/4 mile bike

For 23K you can buy many cars folks have invested 35K in.

Henry FORD had a great idea. For about 800.00 you could buy a new car. They were all Black. Then Hitler had an idea that everyone in his county needed a VW bug. Today in the auto market we have many choices. I think it's great. I don't think it's great because someone has a V8 that they make fun of anyone else.
Old 06-25-2007, 04:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jakes Dad
I don't think it's great because someone has a V8 that they make fun of anyone else.
Sorry, but they ( domestic V8 owners ) really don't care if you hate being made fun of for owning a weaker car. In the mind of a V8 owner, anything that doesnt have atleast 8 cyls is patheticly slow, and modding such a patheticly slow car is just a patheticly dumb idea.
Old 06-25-2007, 04:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

and SI stands for SICK.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:30 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1BadCivicVtec
Sorry, but they ( domestic V8 owners ) really don't care if you hate being made fun of for owning a weaker car. In the mind of a V8 owner, anything that doesnt have atleast 8 cyls is patheticly slow, and modding such a patheticly slow car is just a patheticly dumb idea.
Not so much stupidity, it's the practicality of it. You have to mod your car greatly to reach the performance lvl of a STOCK LS1. Sometimes you dont even get that much power/speed. Personally, I could give a rats *** what other people choose to buy and modify, run what ya brung imo.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Finite1
and SI stands for SICK.
I thought it stood for stupid investment.

Not sure what STI stands for.

Last edited by allbaugh_04; 06-25-2007 at 07:40 PM.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:16 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Jakes Dad
I keep forgetting everyone here bought an LS-1, 2, 3, 4 or whatever.

hence ls1tech.com. youre on a f-body site trying to talk up a vehicle that most people on this site think is a waste of time. why are you wasting yours?
Old 06-25-2007, 06:22 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by dsmdoctor
i think they are rated at like 210hp at the flywheel. 14 second car?? dont quote me though.
a supercharged version is rated as advertised at "205hp" but it is more like 235-240hp.. in stock trim they are putting down 200-210 at the wheels..
they run stock 14.00 - 14.10's @100
Old 06-25-2007, 07:50 PM
TECH Junkie

We need a fanboy smiley...
Old 06-25-2007, 08:06 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Nacho SS
We need a fanboy smiley...
no i drive a six speed REAR WHEEL DRIVE car ..if we have to be like this.. just talking about my wifes car that can keep up with yours..
Old 06-25-2007, 08:13 PM
Launching!

Look at what most imports,econos,4 cyl project to other people on the road.
When ages 24-35 see a civic and hear a loud,stupid mad-tight exhaust,what do you think their reaction is?
Now a 17 yr old girl might be impressed by vtec or some gauges, and some 16 yr old guy might think your wing looks cool.Drivers who own these smaller displacement,fuel efficient vehicles, project exactly that.No one cares,no one notices and no one is impressed.I even seen a girl laugh,out loud at an Evo.She said it sounded like an angry bee........do you think she would have laughed at a viper,vette,etc?
I personally think there are alot of imports that yield great potential for performance.Evos being the obvious beast for many reasons.
When a nice vette rolls up,people dont roll their eyes,they dont laugh.WHY?
Becasue it projects class.A sort of statement that expresses quality.Thats a hard pill to swallow for many import and econo owners.They will complain about personal preference and whine about cost.
Drive what you drive and keeping an open mind are essential characteristics for any and all true car enthusiasts.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by six_string_wiz
Look at what most imports,econos,4 cyl project to other people on the road.
When ages 24-35 see a civic and hear a loud,stupid mad-tight exhaust,what do you think their reaction is?
Now a 17 yr old girl might be impressed by vtec or some gauges, and some 16 yr old guy might think your wing looks cool.Drivers who own these smaller displacement,fuel efficient vehicles, project exactly that.No one cares,no one notices and no one is impressed.I even seen a girl laugh,out loud at an Evo.She said it sounded like an angry bee........do you think she would have laughed at a viper,vette,etc?
I personally think there are alot of imports that yield great potential for performance.Evos being the obvious beast for many reasons.
When a nice vette rolls up,people dont roll their eyes,they dont laugh.WHY?
Becasue it projects class.A sort of statement that expresses quality.Thats a hard pill to swallow for many import and econo owners.They will complain about personal preference and whine about cost.
Drive what you drive and keeping an open mind are essential characteristics for any and all true car enthusiasts.
Do you honestly drive what you drive so other people can think your cool?

I have even seen a girl laugh at a camaro SS with exhaust and call it a " joe dirt mobile " and " inbred transport " Does that mean they are shitty redneck mobiles? No.

Basically, if you enjoy the car who gives a **** what others think?
Old 06-25-2007, 08:23 PM
Launching!

I have even seen a girl laugh at a camaro SS with exhaust and call it a " joe dirt mobile " and " inbred transport " Does that mean they are shitty redneck mobiles? No.

My point exactly,truth can be painful but it stands.People will view what you project.If you drive a shitbox or a 200k sports car.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I dunno, I think they are pretty cool. Just the kids that get ahold of them don't know where to spend the money.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

You tend to hear stupid comments out of emos and gothic chicks.

Anyways, when girls stop hanging out of their cars waving, smiling, and screaming "i love your car" just about every time i grace the public with the presence of a camaro then...maybe i'd consider getting something else. Until then....imports are subpar
Old 06-25-2007, 09:54 PM
Teching In

i actually thought of buying a cobalt ss/sc as a 2nd car, they're not too bad imo
Old 06-25-2007, 09:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by allbaugh_04
You tend to hear stupid comments out of emos and gothic chicks.

Anyways, when girls stop hanging out of their cars waving, smiling, and screaming "i love your car" just about every time i grace the public with the presence of a camaro then...maybe i'd consider getting something else. Until then....imports are subpar

Actually she was a preppy college chick, probably hotter than anything you would get in your life, average for me . Im sure everytime you pull out of the driveway you get 100s of hot young *** screaming " omfg nice car lets ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "................................................. .....................................then you woke up.