Old 06-28-2007 | 11:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
I found HIM, the last stock F-body!!
good, i was starting to think i was the last one
Old 06-29-2007 | 05:26 AM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by 1BadCivicVtec
Thats what happens when you buy your kid a sports car. Im sorry I just hate when fathers do that, its like giving a 6 year old a loaded pistol.
My mom tossed me the keys to her '94 Corvette (red on red/black A4) on my sixteenth birthday, and I'm still alive and well (sort of)... it has to do with how well you teach your kids, and how much luck they have
Old 06-29-2007 | 09:59 AM
Launching!

IMO the 335 has more potential than the M3 by a long shot untill you get to the point of built motors.

Since the 335 is built for boost its going to be much more feasable to increase power. The NA motors on the other hand are so well rounded and so efficient to start with that its hard to get too much more out of them. Getting 50 WHP more from even the new V8 M is not going to be nearly as simply as an intake, TBE, and tune.

So untill one gets to the point of custom shortblocks and very involved management systems, the 335 is probably the superior vehicle for modding.

Nice kill OP.
Old 06-29-2007 | 10:58 AM
TECH Addict

Nice kill!

I haven't seen the 335 yet (gonna hit up their website after this post), but if it's built for the twin turbo setup and it's seeing those kinds of increases from basically tuning...sounds like some healthy competition .

On a side note, those M3s may have small V8s, but they look BADASS IMO.
Old 06-30-2007 | 10:25 AM
Launching!

^They do for sure. My next project very well could be an old E36 (90s model years) 3 series Bimmer with an LSX. They just look right. Aggresive, but not shouting out to the heavens. Kinda classy and subtle. I like that. The new ones are a bit too much for me, but they still look good. Except the 7 series. Yikes.

The 335 looks longer and sleeker than the rest IMO. Tail lights a little overdone, but not bad.

I think they will be good competition on a bolt ons level. Which is nice considering that not much in that price range is really.
Old 06-30-2007 | 10:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
I found HIM, the last stock F-body!!

Those are nice cars. A guy on SVT has a neighbor who just bought one for his 16yr old kid who just died a week ago racing it in CA. I believe.

LOL, sadly my 99 trans am, is still BONE stock.... Down to the stock filter.... I would love to start modding it, it is just when i try to mod or fix something it seems like i break something! Im scared!
Old 06-30-2007 | 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by trey1010
LOL, sadly my 99 trans am, is still BONE stock.... Down to the stock filter.... I would love to start modding it, it is just when i try to mod or fix something it seems like i break something! Im scared!
Actually, yes I drive a Cobra but as a former 99 H/C SS owner I love LSX's and I can assure you, they will take whatever you throw at them and smile! You will be blown AWAY from the power you can make, atleast get a lid/tb and exhaust.