Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

LS1 vs LSJ

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 08:32 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exactly. Let them talk. We have track numbers to back up our cars, they have made up lies and bullshit. I raced a modded cobolt SS once. He had the jump from a 50 roll, I pulled it back and put a car length and a half on him when i was stock up to around 100mph.
Old 07-13-2007, 09:29 AM
TECH Regular

its great how they always pull out the "take it away from a straight line and the v8 car is junk" argument.... The days of the horrible handling muscle cars are gone... the ls1 f-bods handle quite well imho...

also saw this:
MUSTANG = Massivly Under Sized ********* And No Go
what a bunch of douche's
Old 07-13-2007, 09:55 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ive seen some stage 2 SS cobalts run mid-low 13's which will be a surprise to most F-Body owners. So i could see one taking out a stock F-Body 98-00 anyways with the 2.73 gear option, or could jsut be tire spin and thats the reason the SS pulled him. There is so much that can happen on the street..
I really like those cobalts and was wanting one at one time for a DD. I say do some meth or alcy injection, smaller pulley, tune, race gas, bigger injectors, and some DR's and those cars will definitely see soe 12's. Which IMO, will take out alot of semi modded F-Bods ( ex. lid, filter, cat back)
Old 07-13-2007, 10:04 AM
TECH Regular

I really am flattered that they use our cars as the standard by which they judge true perfomance. they are our own personal little nutt huggers and don't even realize it.LOL
Old 07-13-2007, 11:47 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Wants an LS1
Wait a second, LS1 owners are going into OTHER FORUMS KILL SECTIONS? OMFG!!! With the way SOME of you act about the mustang owners and evo owners coming on this site when a fishy story about beating a mustang arises....irony anyone?
Your mom called, she wants you back at svtperformance.com pronto.
Old 07-13-2007, 04:54 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by AznMuscle
Yea, I'll let them go. I'm sure theres some out there that are pretty fast..but how many in the low 11's? I could see them in the 12's yea....but not sure if they are faster.
Low elevens would take, a turbo swap, axles, clutch, new fuel system, full exhaust tires etc. Probably 8k worth of work or more. High twelves can be had for a couple grand. Either way you're not going to see many of these cars capable of these times.
Old 07-13-2007, 06:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ran into someone that claimed their Redline does 0 - 60 in 3.2 sec. I asked if he meant 60ft on a track and he got the numbers backward and he said it was all entirely MPH.

They are suppose to have a good top end but my understanding is the axles are weak, one person on another forum even commented they busted their axle on a test drive.

They are just the new cavaliers and they are a little excited they have a bit more power than they are use to.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by azmarkus
Your mom called, she wants you back at svtperformance.com pronto.

ahahahaha, i'll be using that one tomorrow on someone.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:15 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 06cobaltSS
Low elevens would take, a turbo swap, axles, clutch, new fuel system, full exhaust tires etc. Probably 8k worth of work or more. High twelves can be had for a couple grand. Either way you're not going to see many of these cars capable of these times.
Thats what I pretty much expected. High 12's though...not to bad for a little car like that.
Old 07-14-2007, 01:21 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by CuNfUzEd
I really am flattered that they use our cars as the standard by which they judge true perfomance. they are our own personal little nutt huggers and don't even realize it.LOL
It is nice being the benchmark
Will82, you summed up what I was going to post quite nicely
Old 07-14-2007, 01:28 AM
On The Tree

hey Zero4488 what part of south jersey are u in, im in cape may the real south haha
Old 07-14-2007, 02:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

On nissan forums 350z owners brag about beating the crap out of ls1's, Ford forums GT owners, Dodge forums Skittles, etc. etc. etc. Who cares. As long as these morons lie and other morons believe them, we'll have plenty of easy fodder out there on the streets.
I disagree. As far as Mustang GT forums go (I can't say I've been to any other forums,) a good majority of owners agree that LS1s have them beat. And most are proud to say their full bolt-on GTs can give a catback only LS1 a run for its money. Of course there are some dumbasses, but don't forget that LS1tech is home to a lot of **** talkers too.

BTW, My slow *** 98 ate a stock Ion Redline. I'm sure that was expected even for my factory turd though.

Last edited by mpe488; 07-14-2007 at 02:32 AM.
Old 07-14-2007, 06:13 AM

I can't believe anyone even cares. I'm sure there are some that will win, but most will lose. Get over it.