Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

ran a Mach 1, wow

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 11:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by six_string_wiz
Heres where I call you a homo.No person I have ever met with a turbo car,EVER willingly raced someone in a decent car and didnt get the most out of the PSI.Youre trying to say you knowingly detuned your car to race a fast car?

You are LAME
To the OP.... " I'm sorry this crap got in your thread", but I hafta answer this guy. This is the reason why I'm losing respect for a lot of the domestic guys out here. No one is interested in having a good race. They only wanna race if they know they will win.

Why the hell would I race a car with 505 crankhp with my car tuned to 650 to the wheels. "Yay I walked a Z06 by 20 CL's with 200 more to the wheels and damn near 400 less pounds" I really feel good about myself. None of the guys out here who are around my hp level will race me for fear of losing to a 4 door Integra.

Only the guys with the 750-900rwhp beasts are willing to race cuz they know they will tear me a new butthole. I think that's gay... so who's the HOMO?!!!!!
Old 07-21-2007, 11:51 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by gsrhunter
The point is that even if I do get my dream car (Z06)..... unless I have enough saved up to get the 800whp lingenfelter TT treatment......... My integra will still rape it!!!
Old 07-21-2007, 11:53 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MadMike 97 Z28
nice kill and nice sig!!! at least the mach owner was cool and wasnt crying.

on a seperate note. "gsrhunter" you are on the wrong site to be talking **** about how your FWD Japanese car with god only knows what done to it that runs mid 11's can "rape" a RWD American car stock that runs high 11's bonestock and mid 11's with simply DR's that many people on here including me worship like god.

yes it was cheaper for you to make your car go as fast as a STOCK Z06, but it would also be cheaper for me to make a gokart go as fast as your car. That being said my gokart wouldnt be as nice as your car just as your car is not as nice as a Z06.

sorry if you think we are being jerks but you are deffinitely in the wrong place to talk about your car beating a Z06
Mike I gaurantee you that you don't have as much admiration for the Z06 as I do. I absolutely worship that car. I want one so bad I can taste it. I merely made a stupid comment that if I can't afford to send it to lingenfelter when I get one.... then my integra will still rape it....... and these guys jumped on me like sharks.. and I hafta defend myself.
Old 07-21-2007, 11:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thank you Mike and Six.

And NO gsr-overpaidmid11s-Hunter, I wasn't trying to be mean. I was simply explaining a poster point, and then posting my opinion (which is widely shared) when it comes to racing....then you got defensive. maybe you 'read into' my post too much.

To be honest........I think putting 25 "Gs" under the hood of an integra is one of hte dumbest things on earth.....and so do alot of Domestic owners..."HENCE" the reference to ricers. Is a mid 11 respectable?..sure...I just find it pointless when it comes to the '25 Gs' you spent because of/and the car you chose to do it with.

EXAMPLE: Economics.....you buy a 4 cyl because it is most economical for commuting....same applies to racing.
Old 07-21-2007, 11:59 PM
Launching!

To the OP.... " I'm sorry this crap got in your thread", but I hafta answer this guy. This is the reason why I'm losing respect for a lot of the domestic guys out here. No one is interested in having a good race. They only wanna race if they know they will win.

Why the hell would I race a car with 505 crankhp with my car tuned to 650 to the wheels. "Yay I walked a Z06 by 20 CL's with 200 more to the wheels and damn near 400 less pounds" I really feel good about myself. None of the guys out here who are around my hp level will race me for fear of losing to a 4 door Integra.

Only the guys with the 750-900rwhp beasts are willing to race cuz they know they will tear me a new butthole. I think that's gay... so who's the HOMO?!!!!!
One simple non-biased answer:TO WIN.Run what you brung.End of story.
Old 07-22-2007, 12:02 AM
Launching!

Domestic cars and drivers have nothing to do with the fact that:
A loss is a loss on the street....no excuses

Getting the most out of your car

Racing cars that are in your range of power and ability.

What are you losing respect for?
Old 07-22-2007, 12:07 AM
TECH Regular

Mike I gaurantee you that you don't have as much admiration for the Z06 as I do. I absolutely worship that car. I want one so bad I can taste it. I merely made a stupid comment that if I can't afford to send it to lingenfelter when I get one.... then my integra will still rape it....... and these guys jumped on me like sharks.. and I hafta defend myself.
i still dont understand how your purpose built "race car" rapes a stock Z06 both run mid to high 11's even if a stock Z06 runs 12.0 and you run 11.5 how is that raping someone.

None of the guys out here who are around my hp level will race me for fear of losing to a 4 door Integra.

stick around im sure we will find you a race with a 650 hp or less car that will rape you simply because RWD's can launch and FWD's cannot!!!!

you need to give up before you get your feelings hurt. you cannot and never will be able to defend yourself to us. this is LS1tech.com not ihaveanimportracecarthatisclosetorunningasfastasas tockZ06.com
Old 07-22-2007, 12:10 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ponygt65
Thank you Mike and Six.

And NO gsr-overpaidmid11s-Hunter, I wasn't trying to be mean. I was simply explaining a poster point, and then posting my opinion (which is widely shared) when it comes to racing....then you got defensive. maybe you 'read into' my post too much.

To be honest........I think putting 25 "Gs" under the hood of an integra is one of hte dumbest things on earth.....and so do alot of Domestic owners..."HENCE" the reference to ricers. Is a mid 11 respectable?..sure...I just find it pointless when it comes to the '25 Gs' you spent because of/and the car you chose to do it with.

EXAMPLE: Economics.....you buy a 4 cyl because it is most economical for commuting....same applies to racing.
I respect your opinion. I always say to him his own....But I'm not one of these kids who bought an econobox then later came into some money and decided to build it up. I bought this car specifically to make a sleeper. It was my wifes idea to get a 4 door because thats even funnier. It took me 6 months to find a 4 door GSR with under 15,000 miles.

Contrary to your belief, I get much love and respect from import and domestic heads alike. I will always keep this car.... but I'm sick of being limited by fwd even though to me it is such a cool project. As soon as I can get her to blast a mid to low 10 she's gonna sit in the garage and look pretty.......(to me at least). I already have the power now all she needs is the driver mod!!!
Old 07-22-2007, 12:12 AM
Teching In

i still dont understand how your purpose built "race car" rapes a stock Z06 both run mid to high 11's even if a stock Z06 runs 12.0 and you run 11.5 how is that raping someone.

stick around im sure we will find you a race with a 650 hp or less car that will rape you simply because RWD's can launch and FWD's cannot!!!!

you need to give up before you get your feelings hurt. you cannot and never will be able to defend yourself to us. this is LS1tech.com not ihaveanimportracecarthatisclosetorunningasfastasas tockZ06.com
I'm talking about from a roll mike. A 13 second car can beat me from a dig on the street.
Old 07-22-2007, 12:14 AM
Launching!

I'm talking about from a roll mike. A 13 second car can beat me from a dig on the street.
Your trap speeds tell a different story.One may out-launch you,but hold you off,I think not.
Old 07-22-2007, 12:14 AM
Teching In

Gary, good kill with the little old v6. lol

Off topic, I was turning wrenches on a friends T today. Damn, I work on other guys cars more than my own.
Old 07-22-2007, 12:17 AM
Teching In

Stop hijacking. Take it to pm's. MO.
Old 07-22-2007, 12:17 AM
Teching In

BTW My car only runs mid 11's because I suck. with the power I can make... my car should be able to blast a 9. As I get more seat time that number will go lower and lower.
Old 07-22-2007, 12:21 AM
TECH Regular

sorry to the OP again i say nice kill

then why are you saying you can rape a car that runs high 11's

i stole this pic from a thread on here a while back it sums up everything i have to say.
Old 07-22-2007, 12:32 AM
Teching In

sorry to the OP again i say nice kill

then why are you saying you can rape a car that runs high 11's

i stole this pic from a thread on here a while back it sums up everything i have to say.
Dang man..... what part of from a roll don't you understand. On the street I only roll race this car.
Old 07-22-2007, 12:41 AM
Launching!

Dang man..... what part of from a roll don't you understand. On the street I only roll race this car.
Dude youre cool.You took some abuse here but held up well.
I can see how you wouldnt want to destroy your tires trying to launch,thats exactly what would happen.
I was speaking fairly after the fact with this all being off topic and street racing means no excuses.
These late 80s Buicks are worse than Foxbodies!Its could be a 13sec car or a 10 sec beast.
Old 07-22-2007, 12:52 AM
TECH Regular

its cool guys lets save the domestic vs. imports arguement for later let the man have his thread back.

sorry gsrhunter i just dont really see eye to eye with some of the things you said but none the less you have a mid 11's car i dont so i do give you some respect. just be a little more cautious of your posts and remember you are on a biggtime domestic car forum.
Old 07-22-2007, 12:59 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by six_string_wiz
Dude youre cool.You took some abuse here but held up well.
I can see how you wouldnt want to destroy your tires trying to launch,thats exactly what would happen.
I was speaking fairly after the fact with this all being off topic and street racing means no excuses.
These late 80s Buicks are worse than Foxbodies!Its could be a 13sec car or a 10 sec beast.
Thanks man......You're absolutely right about no excuses. If a guy wants to race me for money I don't care if he has a bone stock hyundai accent.... I'll be on full kill mode...... but when we race for fun I just think fun is exactly what it should be!!!
Old 07-22-2007, 01:02 AM
Teching In

its cool guys lets save the domestic vs. imports arguement for later let the man have his thread back.

sorry gsrhunter i just dont really see eye to eye with some of the things you said but none the less you have a mid 11's car i dont so i do give you some respect. just be a little more cautious of your posts and remember you are on a biggtime domestic car forum.
No prob mike.... Thanks The wife has barred me from setting foot in a chevy showroom.... but soon I hope to be one of you.
Old 07-22-2007, 06:44 AM
Grr
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1 question though, how do you spend 25g's on that car? that seems kinda steep. not bashing, i have about 13k in my whole car, and 6k is the purchase price. i will have about 20-25k in it total when its done, after paint work and building a forged 370 with ported heads and stepping up to a 80mm turbo. Plus the way it sits, if i put a torque converter in it, i could do mid 10s no problem at 130mph. cool car though if your getting 650whp, thats serious.
Gary

Edit: link to pics too