Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

*UPDATE* Vegas Turbo Integra Vs. C6 100 Shot

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 09:11 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't believe this shitstain is still going. I had hoped gsrhunter hit a wall or something doing one of his 70-170 pulls on the highway and was never coming back.

Its obvious this guy thinks one thing in his brain but types something totally different. he then tries to defend it because in his mind it makes sense, but to EVERYONE else reading his posts, it doesn't. then when he gets called out on his stupid comments he blames others for not understanding him.

A perfect example of this is when he said "I am undefeated but my car has lost before". Not a single person understood or agreed with him or his logic but I'm sure in his twisted little brain it made sense. Just like how he thinks roll racing is the benchmark for a cars performance.

Please do us all a favor, next time you're doing 170 in one of your roll races, turn the wheel to the left NASCAR style and show us all your skills behind the wheel.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:02 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by sidewayz28
hahah^^^^^ WORD....just shows how ******* ignorant your ricer *** truly is.. believe what u want.. in the end ur all the way in nevada and im in washington.. so i would never have a chance to spank u right quick
Funny our hp numbers say otherwise..... unless you have some magic feul additive that bumps you up 300rwhp..... I know you hate me, but if this exists please be a friend and let me know where to buy it!!!!
Old 08-01-2007, 10:08 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 217zenki
WTF.. you said..
"who gets to the finish first.... doesn't matter if you broke.... misshifted..... or saw a cop and let off.... If you don't get to the finish first... shut up "

But then u said.
"set out six cars."
"We all know I actually won by 5 cars."

Right.. Your saying u actually won if u had lined up side by side.. Which u didnt u allowed him to have a supposed 6 cars out when starting. So on that note wouldnt this fall in to play..?
"who gets to the finish first.... doesn't matter if you broke.... misshifted..... or saw a cop and let off.... If you don't get to the finish first... shut up "

Once again u throw yourself to the sharks as u are a "Chump"... Wait I mean "chum"..
See this is what I'm talking about..... How dense are you?!!!!! I specifically said when racing for money those things don't matter..... but when racing for pride they do!!! Man are you guys illegal aliens that don't speak english very well?
Old 08-01-2007, 10:10 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 04Terminator
That is a sweet vid.... I have it in HD 1000 fps.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:14 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Nuke61
Good point... talks about not name calling then pulls out the M-word
I don't have a comeback for this.... you are right... Shouldn't have stooped to that level!!
Old 08-01-2007, 10:17 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by GMLIFER
I feel stupid just reading your dumbass posts.
Then don't read em!!!!

Terminater told me " **** eloquent..... keep it simple" So there you go!!!
Old 08-01-2007, 10:31 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Better grass hoppa...

Read this:
http://www.genepool.addr.com/shark.html

Read No.1 twice.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:39 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by alwaysinboost
I can't believe this shitstain is still going. I had hoped gsrhunter hit a wall or something doing one of his 70-170 pulls on the highway and was never coming back.

Its obvious this guy thinks one thing in his brain but types something totally different. he then tries to defend it because in his mind it makes sense, but to EVERYONE else reading his posts, it doesn't. then when he gets called out on his stupid comments he blames others for not understanding him.

A perfect example of this is when he said "I am undefeated but my car has lost before". Not a single person understood or agreed with him or his logic but I'm sure in his twisted little brain it made sense. Just like how he thinks roll racing is the benchmark for a cars performance.

Please do us all a favor, next time you're doing 170 in one of your roll races, turn the wheel to the left NASCAR style and show us all your skills behind the wheel.
Once again you have shown your lack of braincell density. I would never wish death upon my worst enemy.... because right now in the reality that we live in there is no coming back from that. Somehow through fun and stupid banter over the net.... you have formed a great enough opinion of me to wish me dead!!!! Sorry my words have had that profound of an impact on your life for you to reach that point.

I made the mistake of retiring to early..... and though it may seem stupid to you..... in my boredoom this childish banter is a fun little pasttime. I truly hope you were speaking in the heat of the moment and didn't really mean what you said!!! For your sake...... because I believe in Karma!!! I beg of you not to post in my threads anymore!!!
Old 08-01-2007, 01:35 PM
TECH Regular

sorry if my words offended you. But did you seriously think you could come onto a DOMESTIC board with your import dick hanging out and not get your feelings hurt. That right there is another example of just how loose your grip on reality is.

Also just because you keep saying that "some day you want to own a Z06" doesn't all of a sudden make anything you type acceptable. Now please feel free to do us all a favor and take the advise in my last post at anytime!
Old 08-01-2007, 01:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Old 08-01-2007, 02:54 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by lilbuddy1587
V-tec is the equivalent to having a huge cam in your car! You guys talk crap about it.... but imagine if americans had developed and patented that technology. A C6 Z06 would come straight from the factory with about 550-600rwhp N/A and would run perfectly smooth at low rpm levels. Throw a 100 shot on that bitch and you would have a 700rwhp beast for about a grand. You guys know how much cams wake your cars up. If I were you guys..... I'd be pissed!!!
Old 08-01-2007, 03:13 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gsrhunter
V-tec is the equivalent to having a huge cam in your car! You guys talk crap about it.... but imagine if americans had developed and patented that technology. A C6 Z06 would come straight from the factory with about 550-600rwhp N/A and would run perfectly smooth at low rpm levels. Throw a 100 shot on that bitch and you would have a 700rwhp beast for about a grand. You guys know how much cams wake your cars up. If I were you guys..... I'd be pissed!!!

Screw that variable crap. Give me a cam with the specs I want for my application and let me hear that thing thump a beat out the exhaust. It's not the lack of American technology. It's the government imposed emissions laws.

There are drawbacks to VTEC. It's definitely NOT like having a huge cam in your car. It's like having the most economical cam for your motor and then a little step up when you want a little more to get into the flow of traffic. One drawback is that it is expensive. Another is that it's limited to two settings. The BMW technology is superior, but even more expensive and approaches unlimited valve timing.

I guess variable valve timing is fine for a DD that you want to merge into traffic with.
Old 08-01-2007, 04:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

There really isn't anything keeping domestic manufacturers from developing and using similar technologies other than they must not think them necessary. I have yet to see the Japanese build a production car that has over 500hp and gets 26mpg all while meeting U.S. emissions standards. I'll take that over VTEC.
Old 08-01-2007, 04:08 PM
Teching In

GM patented a variable valve timing method in the 70s. The problem is that, as mentioned already, VVT with a cam in-block motor is comlicated, costly, and prone to breakage. It is much easier to do VVT with an SOHC or DOHC motor. But those motors present their own problems... they are typically heavy for their horsepower output, and they create higher center of gravity than a cam in-block motor.

The next time a ricer wants to compare HP/liter, ask him the value of his HP/pound of motor weight. It is a far more relevant measurement to acceleration than HP/liter, since we all know that a very important part of accelerating quickly is HP/lb of mass. Well, that's exactly what question like how many horses per pound of motor weight asks.

The fact is that for a given horsepower output, the LSx motor is among the worlds most compact and lightest weight motors available.

My car has over 500 rwhp, has gobs of torque, AND it gets a bit over 30 mpg on the freeway. I verified this on a recent trip to Las Vegas. Not bad for such an "old" and "technically inferior" motor.
Old 08-01-2007, 04:27 PM
Staging Lane

While he could have been alittle clearer about it I understood what he meant just fine. Not a good excuse but makes sense.

That is just childish and ignorant. Makes you no better then anyone you would be talking about.
Old 08-01-2007, 04:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

GM patented a variable valve timing method in the 70s. The problem is that, as mentioned already, VVT with a cam in-block motor is comlicated, costly, and prone to breakage. It is much easier to do VVT with an SOHC or DOHC motor. But those motors present their own problems... they are typically heavy for their horsepower output, and they create higher center of gravity than a cam in-block motor.

The next time a ricer wants to compare HP/liter, ask him the value of his HP/pound of motor weight. It is a far more relevant measurement to acceleration than HP/liter, since we all know that a very important part of accelerating quickly is HP/lb of mass. Well, that's exactly what question like how many horses per pound of motor weight asks.

The fact is that for a given horsepower output, the LSx motor is among the worlds most compact and lightest weight motors available.

My car has over 500 rwhp, has gobs of torque, AND it gets a bit over 30 mpg on the freeway. I verified this on a recent trip to Las Vegas. Not bad for such an "old" and "technically inferior" motor.
LOL GSRboy got pwnt again, atta boy Nuke!
Old 08-01-2007, 04:43 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

See this is what I'm talking about..... How dense are you?!!!!! I specifically said when racing for money those things don't matter..... but when racing for pride they do!!! Man are you guys illegal aliens that don't speak english very well?
OH sorry Dom I miss understood the rights of passage that belong to the underground street racing scene.. So when racing for pride its allowed to pick on slower cars and nothing that could give ya a run for your money because "pride" falls into play.. ? Huh sounds like a pretty "DENSE" comment to me.

Last edited by 217zenki; 08-01-2007 at 04:50 PM.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:16 PM
TECH Regular

Good god lay off this guys ***! he isn't being a ***** or arrogant. He made a statement that came across wrong. I have seen dozens of threads started here by guys with LS based cars make call outs after some *** clown didn't line up right, two honked, jumped the flag.
You guys are giving him hell for coming over into this guys back yard and making a call out. I have gone to other forums and done the same thing. I have seen it done a million times.
Most of you guys are slow and need to STFU. But seriously.........The VTEC arguement is where you lost me. LOL Nice car I hope you get the assclown in the ZO6 to give you an honest run. I swear if I hear you guys complain any more about roll racing.........99%of the street kills section is about roll racing!!! Get off it.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:16 PM
TECH Regular

Great counter arguement.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:38 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 217zenki
OH sorry Dom I miss understood the rights of passage that belong to the underground street racing scene.. So when racing for pride its allowed to pick on slower cars and nothing that could give ya a run for your money because "pride" falls into play.. ? Huh sounds like a pretty "DENSE" comment to me.
I would love to race a car that would give me a run for my money.... both of us on full kill mode!!! There are plenty of cars that come to the rolls that would.... they just need the driver mod. No one in my league will race me..... only the cars that will hand me my ***.... so what's the point....... and the cars that are slower and have nothing to lose because they are supposed to lose. The reason they run me is because I'm willing to detune my car to make it a fair race.

If for some reason you won that race.... would your pride allow you to go around claiming you beat me knowing damn well that one press of a button and I would hand you your ***. Thats the point I'm making when I say my car has never lost. Most people won't race thier cars detuned because there are guys that are bitchmade and would go around claiming victory. I just want to race and not have wasted 12 dollar a gallon gas on a 80 mile roundtrip to the roll on's.