Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

New SHELBY GT-500 vs. 2000 WS.6 Trans AM....KILL!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 06:42 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 560SL
wow, this thread SUCKS
LMAO
Old 07-31-2007, 09:40 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Two quote of the year entries from Sparetire:

Originally Posted by Sparetire
I fricken demolished this F430 in my Laser yesterday. He had a TT kit, because I heard a whistling sound. probably around a million HP.

We had been playing cat and mouse to the freeway, little jumps from 40-45, some time me ahead, sometimes him ahead. But when I got into the fast lane first and romped on it, I left him like 8 buslengths back with the slow traffic, which was also racing me.

Major ownage.
Originally Posted by Sparetire
Think of the average ricer. Now give him 300RWHP. Sorry, but I am relieved they dont have LS1s or blown mod motors. We dont have enough EMTs to deal with a few thousand kids in every state getting real power.

Second one's going in the sig for a week.
Old 07-31-2007, 10:05 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love this section..

person 1: "I have 390hp and spanked this 500hp car!"
person 2: "No way man, 500hp is like, 175hp more than you!"
person 3: "The cobra weighs 4000 pounds plus with the driver"
person 2: "weight? what does that have to do with anything, next thing I know you'll be telling me suspension has something to do with it too!"

lol ******* bench racers..
Old 07-31-2007, 11:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by crazboy99
the 200 more horseswould be more than enough to take care of a stock fbody
WTF?? I don't know what kind of LS1 you are driving, but mine sure as hell didn't put down 240rwhp on a dyno when it was stock.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry guys,... been work'n like a bitch so I haven't had a chance to reply to anything till now.

Alright,... for those who DIDN'T read CAREFULLY enough!!! I didn't say that I took him by 7 car lengths,... I said that "I crossed through 7 cars"!! As in ... weaving in and out of lanes on the on-ramp!! Not exactly a safe thing to do by the way!

We both had cars in front of us BUT after he slammed on the throttle I was the only one who hit it hard enough to scare the **** out of the cars in front of me enough to move out of my way. He tried to do the same but he lost the nerv. Thats why I was able to pass him soo quickly and catch that expression on his face! ****'n still makes me laugh!
Oh and as far as mods.... I have the complete SLP setup. (basically I over-payed!!!) Just external bolt-ons and tuning by Rob over at Strictly.

I never said that I had more power than him. For Chists sake its a god damn GT-500!!... Don't those suckers do something like 12.3 in the 1/4 off the showroom floor? Anyways,..basically the only mod that I had over him was the Driver and jackass ballz mod!!

I can see tho how I may have accidently led people to believe a different story tho so thats my fault. I just thought that it made an interesting lil story about cocky mustang drivers.

So,... allow me to make a small adjustment to the story so everyone understands now. It WASN'T a head to head race on an empty road. It was a Who's stupid enough to blitskreig there *** up this on-ramp with no regard for human safety!! No but seriously tho,... given the if it was an open road I think I would have maybe still beaten him. And I say this for a reason so bear with me. Lets just put it this was. The guy who owns it and who I was talking to for 15 minutes in the parking lot before all this was basically the kind of guy who walks into a dealership,... picks out the "fastest" and "prettiest" and fairly overpriced car and then drives off the lot and tries racing everyone and their mama! He didn't know how to drive the sucker tho and thats why I think that I would have still beaten him even if it was a head to head race.

Last edited by WS6 Rampage; 07-31-2007 at 11:56 PM.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:49 PM
***Repost Police***

And what that does is make us think you did a ricer flyby on him in the middle of traffic...
Old 07-31-2007, 11:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

its dip **** drivers like you that get people killed...turn in your licsense asap!!!
Old 08-01-2007, 12:10 AM
TECH Addict

Egh,.. you guys can call BS if you'd like but he needed to be put in his place for a second.

Oh and I've never done one of those "ricer flybys" before. I hate it when those kids do that to me. I'll be do'n 20mph and they gun it up to 60 right next to me for ***** and giggles so I can hear their exhaust note! No,.. this was a mutual thing between the both of us. He actually came into the night-club I manage the day after and bought me a drink and told me that he tried to do it also but he got too nervous to try and weave through the cars so he gave up.

Oh yea and I'm not defending it btw. I'm making fun of myself for it sure but I'd never recomend anyone to pull that stunt. ****! I actually took a moment after I got far enough to think about what I had just done. So I know it was pretty stupid but I acknowledge it tho.

P.S. and don't talk to me like you've never done something stupid like that before guy! We all have. .... Then again,... most of us aren't drive'n around in a "..mostly stock" 2000 Z28 so maybe I'm wrong!
Old 08-01-2007, 12:16 AM
***Repost Police***

You still would not have been beating him if he was able to even operate the clutch/stickshift in a "head to head" race. Don't get disillusioned and think your bolt-on Trans Am could beat a pullied/tuned GT500 with ANYWHERE close to a semi-competent driver.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:17 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
And what that does is make us think you did a ricer flyby on him in the middle of traffic...
You need to learn how to type buddy! I had to read that over 3 times to get what you where say'n and it was only ONE sentence!!

.....Soooooo,... Irunelevens,.... DO YOU run 11's with 267.45rwh or is that just wish-full thinking?!
Old 08-01-2007, 12:19 AM
***Repost Police***

Excuse me... lemme add a comma. "And what that does, is make us think you did a ricer flyby on him in the middle of traffic." Is that better? If it took you 3 times to understand that sentence, I consider that a failure of the public school system.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:21 AM
TECH Addict

Interesting,... then I must have been on crack when I beet all those 03 and 04 Cobras at the track 3 weeks ago,...last summer,...the summer before that ,.....AND the summer before that too!!! Correct me if I'm wrong but those do have superchargers too right?......
Old 08-01-2007, 12:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

i don't care if you're making 140hp or 2140hp, weaving through cars on a highway is inexcusable regardless of circumstances. While i'm sure you could take his gt500 and that he was an arrogant douche, endangering the lives of a bunch of commuters from the graveyard shift makes you much worse.

Careful, we don't need another horror story.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:25 AM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by WS6 Rampage
Interesting,... then I must have been on crack when I beet all those 03 and 04 Cobras at the track 3 weeks ago,...last summer,...the summer before that ,.....AND the summer before that too!!! Correct me if I'm wrong but those do have superchargers too right?......
And what did you run, if I may ask?
Old 08-01-2007, 12:25 AM
TECH Addict

Excuse me... lemme add a comma. "And what that does, is make us think you did a ricer flyby on him in the middle of traffic." Is that better? If it took you 3 times to understand that sentence, I consider that a failure of the public school system.
:lol,... Nah,... I went to catholic school so HA!! lol!!

Still haven't answered my question tho!................ Is it wish-full thinking?!
Old 08-01-2007, 12:26 AM
***Repost Police***

I made this username when I had my bike. And then before I had a chance to actually use this account, I was in a bad accident. So no more bike for me.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:31 AM
TECH Addict

And what did you run, if I may ask?
Hey now we're not talking about me here,... We're talking about your 267.45rwh 11 second **** stang!.... ! Yeaaa man,... I don't wanna race you buddy. You'd kick my *** for sure with those numbers!

Alrighty,...gotta go. Gonna see 300 with the wifey! Good luck with your 11 second **** stang. Let me now when you hit 10s alright.

Night everyone!
Old 08-01-2007, 12:32 AM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by WS6 Rampage
Hey now we're not talking about me here,... We're talking about your 267.45rwh 11 second **** stang!.... ! Yeaaa man,... I don't wanna race you buddy. You'd kick my *** for sure with those numbers!

Alrighty,...gotta go. Gonna see 300 with the wifey! Good luck with your 11 second **** stang. Let me now when you hit 10s alright.

Night everyone!
That's a great cop-out right there . You got nothing to back up the BS you talk about, so just
Old 08-01-2007, 12:59 AM
Teching In

CANT we all just get along
Old 08-01-2007, 01:01 AM
Teching In

i have walked the dog on alott of cars that should have beaten me just because the other driver could not drive his car