Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

anybody race a cop car?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2004, 10:07 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I raced a los angeles county sherrif from a dig to about 55. i was in my n/a 355 powered 72montecarlo. i was sitting at a lite and i heard this engine rev i looked over and was 2 cops sitting in a caprice. they were older guys the passenger had couple up and down stripes on his sleeves. he looked at me and pointed to the light and gave me the thumbs up. i was like ok. the light turned green and he wooded it and so did i. Had had me across the intersection by about a car until i hooked and put a bus on him till about 55. then i let off. they drove by and gave me the thumbs up and drove off.
Old 12-30-2004, 10:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by turbochevy
I raced a los angeles county sherrif from a dig to about 55. i was in my n/a 355 powered 72montecarlo. i was sitting at a lite and i heard this engine rev i looked over and was 2 cops sitting in a caprice. they were older guys the passenger had couple up and down stripes on his sleeves. he looked at me and pointed to the light and gave me the thumbs up. i was like ok. the light turned green and he wooded it and so did i. Had had me across the intersection by about a car until i hooked and put a bus on him till about 55. then i let off. they drove by and gave me the thumbs up and drove off.

I could so see that happening. Some troopers are cool as hell. I had one riding my *** one time and I had no clue it was a cop so I just down shifted a few gears and put a couple bus lengths on him. He pulled up next to me and told me to slow down but was smiling and gave me a thumbs up. I almost started to cry when he pulled up next to me though. I thought I was done for.

On the R1 it was a different story. Downshift a few gears on the highway and you in the next county in 3 minutes flat!
Old 12-30-2004, 11:39 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by xphantomws6x
Yeah ... I actually completely overlooked the 3 people as well .... are you allowed to have passengers in the car with you? I honestly have no idea, I don't think I have ever seen it happen though ...
You have never been to Orlando Spin err... Speed World then...

I have seen some of the craziest crap there. I ran a mustang one time with 5 people in it.

I saw a 11 sec car with the guys son riding shotgun. Yeah he had a helmet, but I didn't think that was allowed either.

So many stories so little time.....
Old 12-30-2004, 04:07 PM
On The Tree

Actually my friend and I raced one once. To set the stage:

This was last winter, my friend just got his brand new yellow EVO. We were at a gas station filling up, when this cop car pulls up behind us and starts checking out the evo. He was obviously a car enthusiest and we popped the hood for him, then we started talking about how it was pretty quick. Finally this cop says that he wouldnt mind a quick run from a nearby light. At first we thought that he wanted to do it and once we got going he would turn on his lights and pull us over. So, we eventually agreed only to race to 50 which was the speed limit of the road we were on. We raced and totally raped him, the AWD helps off the line.

Cliff notes: Raced a cop up to 50 and won
Old 12-30-2004, 04:25 PM
Staging Lane

My dad and I outran cops a couple times in his 01 C5. It was black and we only did it on the freeway when we were already going 100. We would just hit it then get off the next exit turn the lights off and watch the cop go by on the freeway with its lights on. My dad also told me a story where a young guy (20's) in an ls1 highway cop car tried to race him. My dad gave him a little jump to show the cop what it had then the cop pulled him over. But the cop pulled him over because someone stole my dad's tags, cop understood and let him go.
Old 12-30-2004, 04:32 PM
On The Tree

Yea, I race cop cars... I raced my brothers 95 Caprice from 60 to 110. He pulled a car or so thanks to his air intake, headers, and his 355 LT1
Old 12-30-2004, 07:22 PM
12 Second Club

i want my dad (Illinois State Police) to race me one day on the expressway or something with one of there cars...im so afraid to ask another cop because i kno that alot of these chicago and south suburb cops would be like alright lets race....and as soon as id make the mistake of hittin it... BOOM lights on and ticketed haha they all suck like that around here...so whenever i may get the chance to race my dad or one of his buddies and get it outa my system...ill be glad....oh BTW as a wiser... ISP has 3 camaros one is completely unmarked...on T/A...a C5...and for the big dogs an 02-03 Corvette Z06 and the cop who drives it...he is DAMN GOOD!
Old 12-31-2004, 12:47 PM
roy
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Assassin
from a dig, I bet they would get dusted sooooo badd!!!!
Iguess it would depend on the car

Old 12-31-2004, 12:58 PM
Staging Lane

you guy's could be getting set-up! when speeding or street racing never trust cop's for all you know you could be taped!
Old 12-31-2004, 01:21 PM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...

a police setup like that is 99 times out of 100 illegal. and I would NOT want to run that italian lambo. oooh man sweet.
Old 12-31-2004, 02:02 PM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Originally Posted by 02WS6Bird
i want my dad (Illinois State Police) to race me one day on the expressway or something with one of there cars...im so afraid to ask another cop because i kno that alot of these chicago and south suburb cops would be like alright lets race....and as soon as id make the mistake of hittin it... BOOM lights on and ticketed haha they all suck like that around here...so whenever i may get the chance to race my dad or one of his buddies and get it outa my system...ill be glad....oh BTW as a wiser... ISP has 3 camaros one is completely unmarked...on T/A...a C5...and for the big dogs an 02-03 Corvette Z06 and the cop who drives it...he is DAMN GOOD!
haha would be great if your dad agree'd to it then pulled your *** over and gave you a ticket. I could definately see my dad doing that to "teach me a lesson".

have fun with that.
Old 12-31-2004, 02:47 PM
12 Second Club

haha would be great if your dad agree'd to it then pulled your *** over and gave you a ticket. I could definately see my dad doing that to "teach me a lesson".

have fun with that.

hje was gonna try to get money from the state to mod the car for work between purchase and the finsih of me paying them back for the small loan
lol

so i b*tch slapped him lol it would be cool to get mods from the state free oh boy!
Old 12-31-2004, 11:25 PM
Truck addict

Originally Posted by Assassin
from a dig, I bet they would get dusted sooooo badd!!!!
yea i raced my cousin in his police car. i was running a 91 z with a 305 boltons. this was in what ever year hurricane georges hit ms. i won. nothing special to post about it.
Old 01-01-2005, 11:02 AM
TECH Resident

I GOT SET UP ONCE.. this happened in PLANO TX with white 97 TA lt1 tries to race ppl.. esp ppl with sports cars or ricers or what not. i was sitting at the light just listening to a music and this white TA comes up next to me..and this is how it went

him=mid 30 male
me=21 male

him-"nice ride, wanna race for few bucks"
me-"thanx but i think im going to pass" (i just had bad feelings and something wasnt RIGHT)
him-"awww come on, just up to 75mph for $100"
me-(gives awkard look and left him slowly 1st to 4th gear going about 40 in 45)

AND wat do you know there was 2 police cars and 1 biker sitting right over the bridge waiting for me... and this guy in white TA waves at em and pulls up next to the biker...
bastards~~
Old 01-01-2005, 12:19 PM
TECH Resident

Yeah ... I actually completely overlooked the 3 people as well .... are you allowed to have passengers in the car with you? I honestly have no idea, I don't think I have ever seen it happen though ...
At hub dragway, you can have passengers. One time, the guy running the tree set it up then got in my car and said "I wanna feel this thing leave". Hit the dope, pulled a 1.48 60', and he was gitty.
Old 01-01-2005, 12:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Two stories!!!

Okay first one....
My best friends dad is a cop. He is really involved with the D.A.R.E. program at local schools too. Well my friend and I always work on our cars at his house. He's got a 30th anniversary Z now...so obviously we've raced a few times to say the least. His dad was cool as crap about it and just asked who won etc etc. Well one day while were in the middle of my other buddies cam swap this guy asks me if I would be interested in racing one of his cop cars at the track for this DARE event they were having. I was like hell yeah I will race against a cop. So I am thinking I will be racing a newer crown vic against my Z which would be an easy kill. When we get to the track there is a big trailer with DARE on the side of it. Not to mention about 4 schoolbuses and numerous cop cars and motorcycles there. I was like sweet this is kind of a big deal. So I go ahead and park and get out and talk to my buddies dad (the cop). I asked him where his weapon of choice is? He pointed to inside the trailer. I looked in and I about pissed myself. Inside the trailer is a 1980ish crown vic that had been tubbed with at least 15" wide slicks on the back. A 12 point cage and a blown SBC for motivation. Needless to say he kicked my ***. It ran low 11's all day and I could only get 13.70's. Damn...the cops always win don't they? It was cool though I had never seen this DARE car, but it was pretty mean.

Second story....
My buddy in his GTP and I were headed back from some street racing at about 1:00 AM during the summer a year ago. I was in my Z and we were doing about 110ish on the highway just screwing around. Anyways I had one guy in my front seat and two girls in the back and all was good until my passenger in the front seat was like dude there is a cop up on the right. I'm like no way...crap. I begin to panic. My buddy just said nail it....without thought i downshifted to fifth and just floored it and took it up to about 5K and then put it in 6th. We hit the next exit ramp and my rearend was steppin out all over the place from hitting the bumpy exit ramp that fast. I ran a red and went back into this old town part of where i live and parked behind someone's house in their yard. It was crazy...one of the girls in the back said..."if you can have sex like you drive you will make someone very happy"....that was one crazy night.
Old 01-01-2005, 12:45 PM
Launching!

I've never raced a cop, but I once saw a highway patrolman in his Z run another cop in is Crown Vic.
Old 01-02-2005, 08:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

We have a ton of undercovers here. There's 3 riced out civics, black, red, and white that drive around trying to get people to race. Quite a few camaro's, and there new toys are the supercharged intrepids. Those cops get pretty creative with there D.A.R.E. vehicles http://www.syty.net/phpBB2/viewtopic...t=syclone+dare
Old 01-02-2005, 08:28 PM
11 Second Club

me and my cousin were in his 1995 E-150 Ford conversion van, he loves racing this thing, the inside is stripped down and its got a 351 with a homemade cutout, (pipe rusted before the muffler) anyways we were driving down one road and this guy in a white Olds Aurora flying down this street, stopping at every sign, finally catches up with us at one stop sign, he starts to take off and my cousin punches it, and we just walk away from him (i know, in a van, believe it or not, it happened), we hit the next stop sign and i look over and say to my cousin, "hey mike that guy is wearing a sherrif's jacket", we made a quick left and never saw him again
Old 01-02-2005, 08:56 PM
12 Second Club

Laguna Seca is like 15 minutes from my house and they used to have racing there every wednesday (i think it was just an 1/8 mile but not sure i didnt have my car then so i never went) my friends went there and raced em, they would get dusted so hard. my friend had a gmc sierra lowered with a chip or some **** and he said he was smoking cops all day haha. i wouldnt do it though cuz i bet they were taking pics and **** saying that mother ****** is going down when we see his *** on the road, **** that guy.