Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

I've been called out by a supercharged C5 vette.

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 01:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by contentsunderpressur
Ok, I finally talked to the guy with the vette. It's got h/c/i with a stock bottom end and he's gonna run 8 lbs of boost with the charger. Can his bottom end hold up to that? Once he gets the blower put on he wants to run me blower for blower. He wants me to turn the nitrous off!
The motor can handle 8 psi, just depends on what his compression ration is with his H/C/I setup. If his heads are milled to raise compression he is going to need some meth injection as a precautionary measure. However, a good H/C/I setup with 8 psi is going to be pushing between 550-600 rwhp IMO. Should be a good race with your setup though, especially if he is slightly traction limited.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by noride
just said hp is nothing without traction,3rd gear 1/8 mile whatever how fast should we go in a 40mph zone .my 3rd gear is way more than 40.just saying if the c5 was on street tires the stang would have alot better chance. i also ran a c5 zo6 in the 1/8 and we were side by side
I saw the first post and said to myself, is this John?
Then I saw this one and I'm sure of it....whats up man?

BTW, V-Series is my boy Jamie that was in the Vette...check out some of the kills he has posted here to get an idea of how that car runs.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
560rwhp with 6 psi, heads, and cam.

8 psi, 600 rwhp.

Beating a car to YOUR third gear doesn't mean you beat the car buddy.

Your story isn't kosher...
LOL, how did you NOT know he was talkin about you and your slow *** Vette?

Oh, BTW, I dont think I gave you the results of that race after you left...
From a roll, the Mach got him, but from a dig the Fox said he put 2 1/2 cars on the Mach....
Old 08-31-2007, 02:30 PM
Teching In

the other way around ,slow roll and dig i had the cars, from a faster roll the fox got the next 2
Old 08-31-2007, 04:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by noride
the other way around ,slow roll and dig i had the cars, from a faster roll the fox got the next 2
So wait....you beat the Fox from a dig?
I have a feeling I'm gonna get home and homie is gonna bug out, as he seems to tell a different story.

I smell a rematch....
Old 08-31-2007, 06:28 PM
Teching In

If that guys really does what he says he's going to do, his motor is on borrowed time. The crank will be fine... it's the pistons that will suffer. Also, the trans is going to suffer (doesn't matter if its auto or stick) and the transaxle output shafts are marginal at that level. That's exactly why I'm at the spot I'm at... too many stories of either the pistons or parts in the drivetrain breaking when you get to 600 rwhp.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

I would expect you to get beat up by the h/c blown C5 vette. Are you running from a dig or picking a mph to start from ?? I must've missed it. At any rate if you have traction off the line you are going to get out in front but I see the vette chasing, catching, and passing. From a roll, I think its a foregone conclusion, corvette all the way. Not knocking your car, I just don't think you can win without a big shot of Nitrous. Good luck and be safe. Can't wait to hear what happens.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:54 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

You are outpowered so just have fun, its not life and death. We cant win every race, but he could make a mistake so just enjoy! I would even compliment the guy with the more powerful car.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:06 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
You are outpowered so just have fun, its not life and death. We cant win every race, but he could make a mistake so just enjoy! I would even compliment the guy with the more powerful car.
Off topic, just clicked on your link of the 2.8 KB and ma that sounds SICK! WHat exhaust are you running? It sounds absolutely amazing!
Old 08-31-2007, 09:29 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by 98Z28MASS
Off topic, just clicked on your link of the 2.8 KB and ma that sounds SICK! WHat exhaust are you running? It sounds absolutely amazing!
Just 2 chamber cat back Flowmasters and off road H pipe with stock manifolds . Simple and oh so sexy sounding. I had an X-pipe and Magnaflow CB but it sounded so different, went back to the basics. Thanks man.
Old 09-01-2007, 01:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by sprayjunkie
LOL, how did you NOT know he was talkin about you and your slow *** Vette?

Oh, BTW, I dont think I gave you the results of that race after you left...
From a roll, the Mach got him, but from a dig the Fox said he put 2 1/2 cars on the Mach....

...I knew exactly who he was talking about.

Since, I already handled this on the phone, and in person,..I might as well post about it here.

The other day, I was in my vette,...I saw,...a black Mach 1, from a distance, pull onto the road I was traveling on. I made it a point to catch the car. I caught up with him at a light. I had every single intention of doing a DIG race, right there. Every iintention.

I was in the middle lane, he was in the right. Light is red.....
...a silver G35 with a smoking HOT brunette pulls on my left hand side. My mind wanders, I look over at her,...with the intention of getting her attention.....2 seconds later, I hear a YELP,.....which is the mach one launching, as the light turned green.

I let the clutch all the way out from a dead stop, that shocked the system, and put my tires in a nasty frenzy of tire smoke. I pedaled....blat, blllllat, bllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaat ttttttt,....hit 2nd,...blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat,.....blat, blllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat(pedaling)......at this point I am chasing down the mach one, spinning my tires from there to kingdom come.....he was about 3-4 cars out in front of me maximum.....at anygiven time.

As soon as I engaged 3rd gear, I had pulled right along side of him,....and didn't even need to give the car ANY throttle once I engaged the gear(3rd). I just rolled past him,....then took my turn, all scca style into the sub division hat I was going to, which happened to be spratjunkies house.

I talked to the guy on the phone a week later, cause I was TOLD that he said he walkd me for the 1/4, or whatever. I thought dude understood the situation then. Either way it's cool,...not really worried about it,...as I think he knows what the real deal is.

Anytime he'd like to go for another dig race,...more then down. I think your gonna see the difference in my driving, and when I am prepared to truly launch and race the car.

Anyways,...funny story.
Old 09-01-2007, 03:31 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
I would expect you to get beat up by the h/c blown C5 vette. Are you running from a dig or picking a mph to start from ?? I must've missed it. At any rate if you have traction off the line you are going to get out in front but I see the vette chasing, catching, and passing. From a roll, I think its a foregone conclusion, corvette all the way. Not knocking your car, I just don't think you can win without a big shot of Nitrous. Good luck and be safe. Can't wait to hear what happens.

We'll be running from a dig. I completely agree that he will out power me and catch me fast. I have plans to just get him out of the hole and give er hell after that. Whatever happens happens. He seems like a cool guy, not stuck up or cocky. He gives my car good credit also. That's why he doesn't want to run until he gets the blower. I don't think I'd stand a chance in hell against a blown vette from a roll, but a blown vette with street tires from a dig? This will be 1/8th mile run only. I'll get a vid.
Old 09-01-2007, 04:35 PM
9 Second Club

I'm a terrible driver, but I can destroy mid 11 cars with my procharged vette. When I say terrible driver I mean 2.0 60 foot times at the track. When I race from a dig I just take off like I would from a normal stop. Once a high power vette gets rolling its ugly. Bring the spray.
Old 09-01-2007, 06:14 PM
Teching In

You better believe I'm gonna bring the spray. I'd much rather him say he beat me by five cars instead of ten.lol
Old 09-01-2007, 07:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

sounds like the guy in the vette is scared of getting beat. He wont race you until he gets his S/C ON and then he wants you to turn your spray OFF. wow.

run what ya brung /
Old 09-01-2007, 08:00 PM
Teching In

The guy seems ok but your right about being scared to loose. My friend know him well and said he's never raced anything with any work done to it. He likes to stick to stock mustangs, TAs and such. I think he'd be a sore looser but he doesn't talk a lot of ****.
Old 09-02-2007, 12:51 AM
12 Second Club

The guy seems ok but your right about being scared to loose. My friend know him well and said he's never raced anything with any work done to it. He likes to stick to stock mustangs, TAs and such. I think he'd be a sore looser but he doesn't talk a lot of ****.
Maybe he just has too much pride and couldn't take a loss... Weird...
Old 09-02-2007, 03:20 AM
9 Second Club

From a vette guys perspective. He might be passing on the race because he has nothing to gain. In other words he feels he is supposed to win since he has a vette, and if he does nobody cares since he was supposed to win. If he loses then it really sucks for him.
Old 09-02-2007, 05:06 AM
Teching In

Haha, your probably right. I guess it would suck for him to have to say he got beat by a gt mustang. He's got to understand that I've got 12,000 in aftermarket mods. It took that much for me to run mid 7s. If I had a vette and sunk that much money into it I bet it would run way way faster than that. I know another guy that had a 02 Z06 that wasn't like that though. He could care less who outrun him. He was there just for the fun of racing. He had a cam, exhaust and tune when he first started coming to the track. I could beat him then. After a couple months though he finally got tired of spinning and loosing races. He put skinnies up front and slicks out back on some draglite wheels. He had no third gear so he was going from second straight to fourth. It was the fastest vette I'd ever seen to have only a couple of mods. It went a 7.3x going from second to fourth!