Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Tons of Vette Kills (C6, Z06, ZR1)

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 09:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chavez885
so you beat a spec-v by only two cars and and trapped 3 mph high than a z06? OKAYYYYYY BUDDY LOL

Never raced a spec-V, not sure what you are referring to, but it looks like you live close enough to Tulsa to come by for a friendly run sometime. Heck, I even come to OKC a couple of times a year, I could look you up if you want.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:46 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Toolman
You are right, I am not hanging with the C6 Z06's I was beating them But yes, I guess an explanation is in order. The race against that old C5 was 3 1/2 years ago. This is not even the same car. Same engine, swapped into another SHO, new fuel system, laptop tuner (instead of chip, which was a poor tune), 62-1 with a proper A/R vs the little T3/4 I had back then. Way better power curve, especially up top. Power dropped off very quickly over 6000rpm before, now I make power all the way to redline (7300rpm). Lot of other upgrades over the old car.
You might as well give it up man!!! You are on the wrong site to be saying that you beat the flagship car without proof. If you aren't a lying troll... and you actually have the things you say... then I don't doubt it. But on this site if you don't have absolute proof then it didn't happen. I mean absolute proff too... I got a race with one on vid... but since it was at night... everyone says...... well how do we know that was a C6 Z06? Then I got flamed back to the stone age. LOL

Lately I've been lucky enough to run up against lots of f bodies that want to play.... but if you notice I haven't posted any of those kills. If its not on video..... it didn't happen..... only if you drive an ls based car... or didn't beat an ls based car in a non ls based car.... or if everyone knows your car is fast.... like unit and some others.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:48 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Quik Z06
Lol. ok once I seen that I stopped reading
Do you doubt the effect altitude has on a vehicles performance? Or was it the way I worded it (which did make it sound corny, sorry)? The event happens at nearly 3000ft. Not much a NA car can do about it, but I simply have to turn a dial and I will see the same boost at altitude as I do at sea level.

gsrhunter, I feel your pain man. I posted this on a corvette forum, in the C6 Z06 forum, and was much better recieved.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got this funny feeling that Toolman is not bullshitting and has one hell of a beast in the garage. Some more pics/vids or any other proof would be nice.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:55 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Nacho SS
lmfao...you drive a turbo Taurus?

have fun telling you women you race your taurus.....i'm sorry you can't compare vette to taurus at all, no matter how slow of a vette it is. at least it looks fast.

HAHA, my wife hates my Taurus obsession, she really does. And the only comparison taking place is the trap speeds at a legal race, no more. I thought going fast was the idea, not looking fast. The SHO may not be much of a looker, but I like it nonetheless (kind of like my wifes relationship with me, she could have done much better).
Old 08-29-2007, 09:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

lol. I wouldn't mind seeing a pic. I never really minded SHO's. my buddies fam always had one from the older boxy one to the newish sleeker frame, nice rides.

Anyway, nice kills. Video is always appreciated.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:04 PM
Teching In

Do you doubt the effect altitude has on a vehicles performance? Or was it the way I worded it (which did make it sound corny, sorry)? The event happens at nearly 3000ft. Not much a NA car can do about it, but I simply have to turn a dial and I will see the same boost at altitude as I do at sea level.

gsrhunter, I feel your pain man. I posted this on a corvette forum, in the C6 Z06 forum, and was much better recieved.
Its not pain.... I actually really like these forums. Its just a fact that you deal with on all forums. If one of these guys go to a honda forum and post how they spanked one.... (I don't see why they ever would).... but if they did they would get flamed..... even though they probably will spank most hondas.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:04 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Jeenis
was the C6Z stock? even so, it's amazing you beat that up top. vettes are monsters up top. nice kills either way, itd seem pretty stupid to make something like that up. did you get a pic of that heffner viper? thats my dream car!!

Some of the C6Z's were stock I am sure, but there were some nicely modded ones there. Last year, a guy who owns a dealership brought one with headers and some other NA mods, and 200shot of nitrous. Did 188mph in the mile, a good 15mph faster than what stock C6Z's run at this course.

BTW, this car is a bit of a monster up top too, as it has gained 34mph in the last 1/8th at the dragstrip, and that was the old car on 13psi. This new car on 22psi is quite a lot to handle. I sure wanted to run higher boost at this 1/2 mile race, but being 550miles from home, and driving the car there and back, I did not want to take any chances of something failing, plus the open road race is the real highlight of the weekend, and to break something in the shootout, only to be sidelined for the road race, that would suck.

I did get some very nice pics of the Heffner SRT-10, but they are not on the net yet. I will get them uploaded soon though, it was a beautiful car, and CRAZY FAST!! 177mph in the half mile, almost 20mph faster than stock SRT-10's run the full mile here!!
Old 08-29-2007, 10:10 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ICEMAN 31
I got this funny feeling that Toolman is not bullshitting and has one hell of a beast in the garage. Some more pics/vids or any other proof would be nice.

Thanks for the support, seems hard to come by hear. Like someone else said, this would be a strange post to make up! Got some pics on the first page, and the link to the official results is up in the first post (sorcrace.com)
Old 08-29-2007, 10:12 PM
Teching In

HAHA, my wife hates my Taurus obsession, she really does. And the only comparison taking place is the trap speeds at a legal race, no more. I thought going fast was the idea, not looking fast. The SHO may not be much of a looker, but I like it nonetheless (kind of like my wifes relationship with me, she could have done much better).
You know what would be a blast is if we could race one another.... but at a track where no one knows our cars!!! Everyone would be all dissinterested and laughing at the 4 door integra racing the ford taurus. Then once the race was over it would be funny to look at all the WTF faces in the crowd!!!! LMAO
Old 08-29-2007, 10:15 PM
Teching In

Old 08-29-2007, 10:27 PM
Banned

Thank you toolman, thats a lot better. If you were to go to any forum and say you beat a C6Z06 in your taurus you would be laughed at without showing proof. Hell even if you drive a badass F-body and say you beat a C6Z06 you will get flamed if you dont show proof. Btw, do you have any dragstrip times or dyno numbers? It would have to be making 600+whp to do what you say.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:41 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by capn smokey
Btw, do you have any dragstrip times or dyno numbers? It would have to be making 600+whp to do what you say.
No strip times since I have got this combo sorted out, but I did make a baseline dyno (low boost 91octane) of 390whp. Some more tweaking to my tune, some 104octane, and 22psi, and we should see close to 600hp (not wheel though). Not sure why you would think it would take so much HP to run what I did. This car is not extremely heavy (3400lbs), has a good c/d (.32 or so), great power under the curve, and very favorable gearing (5spd manual). It actually shines for high speed events such as this, something it does NOT do at the dragstrip! 600whp would have likely got me a 155+ in the half, good enough for second place in the street class, or more than 185mph in the mile, good enough for top honors in the street class (which happened to be won by a Haibeck 415 ZR1, super sweet car).
Old 08-29-2007, 11:19 PM
Banned

No strip times since I have got this combo sorted out, but I did make a baseline dyno (low boost 91octane) of 390whp. Some more tweaking to my tune, some 104octane, and 22psi, and we should see close to 600hp (not wheel though). Not sure why you would think it would take so much HP to run what I did. This car is not extremely heavy (3400lbs), has a good c/d (.32 or so), great power under the curve, and very favorable gearing (5spd manual). It actually shines for high speed events such as this, something it does NOT do at the dragstrip! 600whp would have likely got me a 155+ in the half, good enough for second place in the street class, or more than 185mph in the mile, good enough for top honors in the street class (which happened to be won by a Haibeck 415 ZR1, super sweet car).
Yeah I guess youre right but what would your car top out at? just curious. I was flamed bad in the other thread "gas vs diesel" which has become a laughing stock of ls1tech for claiming to do 190 in my 3rd gen. And I believe you told me I would die if I tried to do 200 which I probably would because my car feels very unsafe past 175.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:21 PM
Banned

BTW a stock C6Z06 should have been doing 150 or so within a half mile so what were you doing?
Old 08-29-2007, 11:45 PM
Launching!

nice sleeper man

it's always nice to be surprised
Old 08-29-2007, 11:48 PM
TECH Junkie

I stand corrected....legit car toolman. now to work on your name lol.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:11 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by exit
nice sleeper man

it's always nice to be surprised
Yeahhhhhh right nice sleeper What I don't get is, why you come on here with all your great kills don't you have a sho forum to post on....I think it's a slap in the face to come on here acting like your all friendly just to boast of all the Vette's etc you beat.....
Old 08-30-2007, 01:53 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by capn smokey
Yeah I guess youre right but what would your car top out at? just curious.
I had the last one to 6600rpm before, which, if my tach is close to correct, works out to around 176mph. This one is a much better breather above 6000rpm though.

BTW a stock C6Z06 should have been doing 150 or so within a half mile so what were you doing?
Nope, nowhere close to 150 in the half. The TT 'Callaway' Vette pictured on the first page ran 147.97 in the half, and it makes 580whp ( http://www.forcedairtech.com/custom_vette.html )

A C6 Z makes what, 450whp? Still, I expected them to run faster than they did (136 or so), so best I can tell, the elevation (and some say the road has a slight incline near the end) must have a decent effect.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:59 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by sworaz
Yeahhhhhh right nice sleeper What I don't get is, why you come on here with all your great kills don't you have a sho forum to post on....I think it's a slap in the face to come on here acting like your all friendly just to boast of all the Vette's etc you beat.....
I have been here close to 4 years, and have less than a 40post count. There are so many posts I don't make, but ones of interest such as this, I think they are worth making. Are any of my post demeaning in any way? The only people who could possibly feel that my posts are a slap in the face are those that can not appreciate the diversity of the automobile culture that we all enjoy. Most of my fellow racers at the Sandhills certainly did not take my car's performance as a slap in their face. Instead, there was much admiration (and beer) spread among us all. No reason it can not be the same here.

TT