Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Tons of Vette Kills (C6, Z06, ZR1)

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 08:17 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by yamahaSHO
If you race Tom at Firebird (yes, I'm from Phoenix... was there last weekend), you beating him isn't going in your favor. His SHO motor is turbo and RWD.

The 10k theory is just that... These things are choked up in stock form WELL before the 10k mark.

yeah that would be enough to beat me....badly.

I'm on a 16G and IC off a MK IV Supra. Just doing the tuning now, but even with the 16G totally maxed I doubt Im taking down a RWD SHO. Are RWD conversions common? I always wanted to see what that thing would do with a great launch.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:25 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Toolman
What did you happen to run in the mile freddy, if you don't mind sharing?
the road we race on in Nevada, is in the town of Ely which resides at 6,427 feet above sea level. the density altitude that day was over 8,000+ feet above sea level. as a result of the lack of oxygen i only hit 155 MPH which was enough to go faster than two bone stock C6 Z06's. at sea level all of our speeds would have been about 15 mph faster. in the 90 mile road race i beat all 6 of the CZ06's that made up a part of the 26 car group. i got 2nd place with an average speed of 150.0067 mph. here is a link to the results page from that race > www.silverstateclassic.com/results-06-sscc.htm
Attached Thumbnails Tons of Vette Kills (C6, Z06, ZR1)-high-noon.jpg  
Old 08-31-2007, 08:41 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Toolman
One and the same!
Years back I had an '89 SHO. After I blew the motor I had the SHO Shoppe in Huntington Beach build me an upgraded setup. That sumbitch ripped but I could never get traction off the line. How have you dealt w/ that?

BTW, that ******* that runs SHO Shoppe screwed me bad - messed up the build and that sucker spit blue smoke right off the bat. When I proved it to him he said: "Too bad for you... what are you gonna do about it?". Since I was in WA state there wasn't much I could do. One day he's gonna die by unnatural causes...
Old 08-31-2007, 10:18 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Sparetire
yeah that would be enough to beat me....badly.

I'm on a 16G and IC off a MK IV Supra. Just doing the tuning now, but even with the 16G totally maxed I doubt Im taking down a RWD SHO. Are RWD conversions common? I always wanted to see what that thing would do with a great launch.

I should also add that the SHO motor is no longer in a Taurus :-), yet it's probably under 1,500 lbs and in a sand rail.

Originally Posted by FAST FREDDY
the road we race on in Nevada, is in the town of Ely which resides at 6,427 feet above sea level. the density altitude that day was over 8,000+ feet above sea level. as a result of the lack of oxygen i only hit 155 MPH which was enough to go faster than two bone stock C6 Z06's. at sea level all of our speeds would have been about 15 mph faster. in the 90 mile road race i beat all 6 of the CZ06's that made up a part of the 26 car group. i got 2nd place with an average speed of 150.0067 mph. here is a link to the results page from that race > www.silverstateclassic.com/results-06-sscc.htm
I have a buddy who bought a supercharged SHO from a guy who ran it in the Silver State Classic. He was told that the car was clocked at 175 mph and it was still pulling. This is probably one of the most built up SHO's to date as well.
Old 09-01-2007, 07:48 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by cj8718
Years back I had an '89 SHO. After I blew the motor I had the SHO Shoppe in Huntington Beach build me an upgraded setup. That sumbitch ripped but I could never get traction off the line. How have you dealt w/ that?
Well, the car has a Quaife, which helps, but with any boost over 10psi, 1st and 2nd spin a lot. I have never tried drag radials, but I probably will need to if I ever plan on getting a decent e.t. The car is more suited to the occasional highway run, where getting traction is not as much a concern

BTW, that ******* that runs SHO Shoppe screwed me bad - messed up the build and that sucker spit blue smoke right off the bat. When I proved it to him he said: "Too bad for you... what are you gonna do about it?". Since I was in WA state there wasn't much I could do. One day he's gonna die by unnatural causes...
Vadim? He screwed a lot of people, myself included. The customer service of SHOSHOP was beyond horrible. It no longer exists, but there a few SHO vendors now, very helpful and with a lot better customer service.
Old 09-01-2007, 10:29 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^ the 240 project will be the test to see how high these engines can rev w/o scattering

Last edited by HotRodKid; 09-01-2007 at 10:35 AM.
Old 09-01-2007, 11:36 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by FAST FREDDY
upon further review of the atmospheric conditions its seems that all of us would have been closer to 20 mph faster at sea level. i will be bringing my TAG weather station with me to this years race this month and will get an exact density altitude figure this time. i have done a few modz to my car since last year and hope to gain another 5 mph in the mile. hopefully i will get to race some more ford Gt's this year too. i beat 3 of those in last years 90 mile road race too

Last edited by FAST FREDDY; 09-01-2007 at 11:50 AM.
Old 09-01-2007, 02:30 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by yamahaSHO
Sorry, but it still is a Lancer, just as Tim and I still own a Taurus.
I don't understand what, exactly, this is in reference to??! My calling the Lancer a street legal car maybe?? I never said/implied ANYTHING about your (or Tim's) rides (but they ARE badass!!). I think you should both go out there and embarrass some BPU+++++++++++++ <-- Poopras on highway runs (hopefully you have already!). That would be REAL funny to see, i.e.; the expressions on some of the smug owner's faces when you roast them "frum roll".

I was only questioning the height of the Lancer because I was wondering just how many MORE MPH he's giving up by not properly lowering the car and using an effective front splitter, etc.

Last edited by dailydriver; 09-01-2007 at 02:38 PM.