Gen3 SRT10 Viper VS C6Z06

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007 | 06:36 AM
Launching!

Default Gen3 SRT10 Viper VS C6Z06

The cars...

2003 SRT10 Viper..KN filters/1.7 roller rockers/short shifter

2007 c6Z06....butterfly valve circuit pulled for open exhaust

Both vehicles had passangers....The Driver weighs a bit more than me and My passanger weighed a bit more than his...So overall same passnager weight

We did numerous low rolls from 20-110 mph. I won 3 and he won 7...

I didnt really like these low rolls as they mainly determined who got traction better or who rowed the gears better...

We called each other and he says he won them all while I said I won three.. His passnager then confirms that I did win a few...

He won when I missed gears and I won when he lost traction...

he won a better percentage of these low rolls but still this was just not a great way to measure these two cars...

So I said, lets do a 70-140 mph race. This would be safer and truly tell who has the faster vehicle..

Beep beep beep...

We have a dead even start..

From 70-90 mph it's dead even. Then around 110 mph he pulls a car on me..

By the time we shut down at 140 mph he is two cars in front of me...

He tapped the brakes at 140 and it's a good thing as it appeared that the faster we went the more he would have pulled...

I beleave by 150 mph he would have been 3 cars in front of me...

Very fun races and I concede victory to the "barely" modded c6z06

I beleave that if we were both 100% bone stock he would have put 3 cars on me from 70-140 mph..My lil 1.7 rollers helped a lil bit...

Not really sure how much power the pulled exhaust circuit gives his Z06?????

What a great week!!!!! Raced a ACR Viper and a c6Z06

*DISCLAIMER* Imaginary race that took place on Xbox 360*DISCLAIMER*

Last edited by Killemall; 09-02-2007 at 06:44 AM.
Old 09-02-2007 | 07:38 AM
TECH Addict

Talking

Originally Posted by Killemall
The cars...

Both vehicles had passangers....The Driver weighs a bit more than me and My passanger weighed a bit more than his...So overall same passnager weight

I didnt really like these low rolls as they mainly determined who got traction better or who rowed the gears better...

We called each other and he says he won them all while I said I won three.. His passnager then confirms that I did win a few...

he won a better percentage of these low rolls but still this was just not a great way to measure these two cars...

So I said, lets do a 70-140 mph race. This would be safer and truly tell who has the faster vehicle..

Beep beep beep...

He tapped the brakes at 140 and it's a good thing as it appeared that the faster we went the more he would have pulled...

I beleave that if we were both 100% bone stock he would have put 3 cars on me from 70-140 mph..My lil 1.7 rollers helped a lil bit...

Sounded like a lot of fun

I was when I read the "Disclaimer" . . . I was gonna do almost the EXACT same wording in . . . ahem . . . another thread last week
Old 09-02-2007 | 07:58 AM
Teching In

hmm.. pulling the fuse for the exhaust hardly counts for a mod since we started our races in the higher rpms. But sorry to disappoint.. I put it back in. I was trying to sleep in the car the other day with the AC on but that damn Exhaust was getting on my nerves.

I'll pull it out for you and we can race again.. but like I said.. If we went from a dig.. it might help. maybe I'm wrong. But let's see if I can get a K&N filter and level the playing field. Then we'd both have the same mod in..
Old 09-02-2007 | 08:21 AM
10 Second Club

How many miles on each of those two cars just out of curiosity?
Old 09-02-2007 | 08:43 AM
Teching In

I just passed 2000 miles tonite.
Old 09-02-2007 | 09:34 AM
11 Second Club

Nice kill/death and great story man.
both are sick cars.

Next time take vid camera with you.
Old 09-02-2007 | 09:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

good **** yall i cant wait to come play xbox with yall, been a badass week for you killemall, by the RSKY sounds like the ZO6 is runnin strong.
Old 09-02-2007 | 12:14 PM
Staging Lane

The cars...

Beep beep beep...

Just to let you know, the exhaust fuse pulled out adds ZERO to performance.

Anyway, good death. Even though you and I go back and forth, you are still ok in my book (sometimes.. )

Next time try to get some of these races on video, and go from a 50 in 2nd gear to the top of 4th in both cars (160), just to see how much more the Z06 will pull..

From a 70, that is a flat spot for both the Viper and Z06. Put it in 2nd and the rpms are too high, put it in third and the rpms are too low. Not a good mph imo.
Old 09-02-2007 | 12:29 PM
Banned

Why do you keep racing Z06s? Do you like losing that much? If I was you I would mod my car a little more before I raced another on cus you are gonna keep losing. I know its still fun but doesnt it get old?
Old 09-02-2007 | 12:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Well finally Killemall it sounds like you have witnessed first hand how bad *** the c6z is. Glad you got a few of those rounds though. No fun losing all of them. Take your wins and be happy, you have a VIPER for christs sake. Any idea how many people would trade their left nut to own a VIPER ?? Who cares if you got beat by 3 cars on your last run, you still own a VIPER !!!
Old 09-02-2007 | 12:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Get those heads ported "K" and come back and walk him. Factory heads suck.
Old 09-02-2007 | 01:46 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by RSKY
I just passed 2000 miles tonite.

Wait until you break that thing in around 10,000.
Old 09-02-2007 | 02:47 PM
On The Tree

The cars...

Beep beep beep...

nice death....
Old 09-02-2007 | 04:11 PM
Teching In

The honest reason I beat you over and over in the beginning, was because you were in 1st gear at 45mph to 50. I was in 2nd. As soon as you get on it, you'd have to shift, while I ride out 2nd till I'm a good 2 cars in front. If you were to have gone from 2nd, It might have played out differently.. but not much.

BTW.. my passenger said that the only time you beat me, was when I wasn't ready and didn't even bother to go. You can call her later to confirm.
Old 09-02-2007 | 06:30 PM
Staging Lane

BTW.. my passenger said that the only time you beat me, was when I wasn't ready and didn't even bother to go. You can call her later to confirm.

This is probably the only way the poor Viper can win..
Old 09-02-2007 | 07:20 PM
TECH Addict

Talking

Whoo! Lotta smack talkin' goin' on

I can run into Ferrrari's, Lamborghini's, Mad Mod'd AMG cars . . . but I almost never run into a C6 ZO6 I'd like to though
Old 09-02-2007 | 11:26 PM
11 Second Club

nice runs killmall. looks like it's time to call up heffner. they might be able to turn that car into the unbeatable street car, even to modded C6Zs
Old 09-03-2007 | 12:07 AM
Launching!

I WON 3 OF THE LOW ROLLS IN A ROW...You feel like these shouldnt count because of your reasons..I feel like many of the low rolls you won shouldnt count because I redlined first gear or mis shifted...But hey..You won...And the ones that I won..plain and simply I won..

THE BEEPS WNET AND WE HAD EVEN STARTS.

IF YOU WERNT READY OR SPUN YOUR TIRES OR SWERVED AND ALMOST HIT ME OR YADA YADA YADA..

I STILL WON..

same goes for me..I redlined 1 st gear in just about all the low rolls. LOL...But hey I chose first gear and that was my decision. If I didnt have the skills to quickly go from 1st to second gear without redlining and you pulled me...

Hey..You still won the races. im not making no excuses...neighter should you..

There was a solid 3 races in a row going from low rolls were I had a big **** eating grin on my face...cas you were a few cars back at 110 mph

To anyone who's interested in the low rolls these were very close races from 30ish to 110 mph...We were normally within 1-1.5 cars of each other...

But anyway screw the low rolls...The real race was the last one were you pulled me by 2 cars from 70-140 mph...NO BS no excuses your car IS FASTER...And was still pulling when we shut down..

Man I hate saying it but your damn z06 was pulling away LOL...

Makes me kinda sad cas my 99RT10 is faster than my SRT10...

for those who dont no I raced him in my 99rt10 Viper..the car had

-no cats
-1.7 roller rockers
-smooth tubes
-AEM tune
-light weight fly wheel

That car lost by 1.5 cars from 60-140 mph...But It didntget pulled the way my SRT10 did..

The SRT10 had dead even starts with the c6z06 and then the C6z06 started walking away putting two cars on me from 70-140 mph...

The 99Rt10 had a harder time getting traction from the start and the c6z06 jumped out a car or so..But when the rt10 got traction the c6z06 couldnt open the distance any more and the rt10 stayed 1.5 cars back from 80-140 mph..

Just kind of sucks noing my old viper was a lil bit quicker...Im sure just removing the cats on the SRT10 would make it just as fast ( I picked up 15 rwhp by removing the cats on the rt10)

Still kinda sucks though..

The best desciption i could give is if you had a stock 2002 c5z06 that you could go and trapp 116 mph in at the drag strip...

But then you trade it in for a 2006 base c6...

The C6 looks a little newer/nicer...Has a nicer interior...Better fit and finish...higher top speed ( 186 for the C6 vrs 168 for the C5Z06) pretty much just a better overall car..

But then you take the C6 to the same strip were your 02 C5z06 was trapping 116's and the best you can muster in your new C6 is 114 mph trapps..

Thats kinda the way im feeling right now...Yes the SRT10 is a better car in every way to me..But man my modded 1999 RT10 was a lil faster ( Im guessing 2 mph higher trapps based off of my runs against the same c6z06 as well as my gtech times ( best so far with my SRT10 is 120's VS 122 for the RT10)

It was still fun and getting rid of the cats and a tune on the SRT10 will make it a hair faster than my RT10 was....

Last edited by Killemall; 09-03-2007 at 12:30 AM.
Old 09-03-2007 | 12:33 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Jeenis
nice runs killmall. looks like it's time to call up heffner. they might be able to turn that car into the unbeatable street car, even to modded C6Zs

As soon as my warrants up in 2011 Im procharging the car to 600-700 rwhp..

But now im wondering if the warranty will let me get away with having no cats and a Mopar factory tune installed...

I no that no one cares about an warranty. But i just paid a few grand to have it extended a month ago and I aint losing it man..hell no
Old 09-03-2007 | 01:52 AM
Launching!

The honest reason I beat you over and over in the beginning, was because you were in 1st gear at 45mph to 50. I was in 2nd. As soon as you get on it, you'd have to shift, while I ride out 2nd till I'm a good 2 cars in front. If you were to have gone from 2nd, It might have played out differently.. but not much.

BTW...Last night you said I only won a few cas you swerved and almost hit me and let off....

now your saying i only won because you wernt ready...

WICH REASON WAS IT THAT YOU LOST 3 IN A ROW FROM LOW ROLLS???

the honest awnswer is traction man..We hit it at the same time on the third beep and I watched your car have a harder time with traction as i pulled away....

lets be classy about it man...I gave you 7 W's despite me hitting the rev limiter or mis shifting....YOU WON..

dont take away my 3 W's because you lost traction...

I didnt even count the runs were you wernt ready..In that case i won 5..

But if I hit it and can clearly see that you didnt hit it I let off and didnt count those what so ever....

The three in a row you were only a few cars back once I shut down at 110 mph...

Your cars a lil faster as proved in the 70-140 mph race..but on those three I just out launched you man..No shame in that...

a c5z06 can beat a SRT10 if the c5z06 gets traction better from low rolls..

thats why i wanted 70-140 mph, so theres no BS..And trust me your c6Z06 pulled me by two cars and theres no BS..YOUR CAR IS THE REAL DEAL...

I THOUGHT THE VIPER WOULD END UP DEAD EVEN AT 140 MPH DUE TO THE TORQUE..I WAS WRONG....LOL