Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

another 46 bites the dust

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 10:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought he quoted ponygt65 and not the other guy MY BAD

Sorry JET, I'm unhooking my keyboard now....
Old 09-19-2007, 08:23 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by speedshifterNC
But don't get the newer blocks they won't hold up. Listen, you're not talking to a dumba**. I know a lil bout mustangs too...that's why I drive a Camaro...hmm
Newer 4.6 blocks won't hold up? Since you are not a dumbass and since you know how much a 4.6 (pretty general statement) will hold, would you care to share this expansive knowledge of how much HP a "newer block" will hold?
Old 09-19-2007, 09:39 AM
11 Second Club

You can all diss me all you want to...I'll be at a dragstrip in NC thursday for anybody close enough to run. Bring your puny lil 4.6's and I'll run you on everyday streettires. I don't need to act like a badass, I just know how to make a car go fast and any body that shows up will see that....Bring It!!
By what? Adding headers and a "good driver"? That's how you make your car fast? Here is my little pos 4.6. Non-Supercharged. Valve covers have never been off the car. Maybe since you are such a great driver you can critique my driving skills. Oh wait, I'm cheating. I have Slickzorrss! lol. Grow up kid. You can make any car fast.

Kind of old. However, it was my first 11 sec pass. Tickled the limiter on the 1-2
http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w...SecondPass.flv
Old 09-19-2007, 09:58 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

...I'll be at a dragstrip in NC thursday for anybody close enough to run. Bring your puny lil 4.6's and I'll run you on everyday streettires. I don't need to act like a badass, I just know how to make a car go fast and any body that shows up will see that....Bring It!!
Now there is a real call-out...should a 4.6 owner drive to Kinston, Piedmont and Rockingham to try and find you? Or are you going to be more specific?
Old 09-19-2007, 05:09 PM
11 Second Club

Termi, since you're the only one worth talking to: I should have included the 3v's b/c that's the "new" block I was refering to and I hear they won't hold more than 500rwhp. Your block on the other hand is rock solid. I have a friend with one that's atleast a 10 sec. car with way more than 600 horses. I knew the location bit was coming so we can meet at Mooresville's 1/8 mile. It will have to be next week however as I'm out of money(hope you wanna run for fun). You have a better chance of running who you want to down there.
Old 09-19-2007, 05:53 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Bitemark46
By what? Adding headers and a "good driver"? That's how you make your car fast? Here is my little pos 4.6. Non-Supercharged. Valve covers have never been off the car. Maybe since you are such a great driver you can critique my driving skills. Oh wait, I'm cheating. I have Slickzorrss! lol. Grow up kid. You can make any car fast.

Kind of old. However, it was my first 11 sec pass. Tickled the limiter on the 1-2
http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w...SecondPass.flv
Neat! Getting into the 'spirit' of things, here is my first "bolt-on" 11....on DRs even.

MIR, Sep 2001
Old 09-19-2007, 06:11 PM
Teching In

This thread's a HOOT! LOL!
Old 09-19-2007, 06:20 PM
Staging Lane

I..... So maybe I converted another ford or ford guys to lsx.
Or maybe he's at home "gutting" his car too.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Termi, since you're the only one worth talking to: I should have included the 3v's b/c that's the "new" block I was refering to and I hear they won't hold more than 500rwhp. Your block on the other hand is rock solid. I have a friend with one that's atleast a 10 sec. car with way more than 600 horses. I knew the location bit was coming so we can meet at Mooresville's 1/8 mile. It will have to be next week however as I'm out of money(hope you wanna run for fun). You have a better chance of running who you want to down there.
HAHa...well, maybe you should try clarifying......there is block, and then there is motor (OR, short block and long block).

The STOCK MOTOR is limited.....just like the LS motors are...can you say, SAME PISTONS/RODS (hyperucrappy)?

wow...you just keep up the ignorance don't you.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:46 PM
Teching In

Farmington is a waaaaaay better track, and a lot less crowded. But I haven't been back to Mooresville in about 3-4 months.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:31 PM
11 Second Club

pony you're so smart..you keep impressing me with your wealth of knowledge...or lack there of...lol but answer this...why did ford switch to hypertecs in 93?

Farmington is a better track but it's harder to line up with the person you want to race

Here's something else for yall to jump on...my car was already gutted...lol

why do you think I'm so impressed with how fast it is?....not reflecting in my 1/8 mile limited traction time for those of you getting ready to remind me
Old 09-19-2007, 08:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

pony you're so smart..you keep impressing me with your wealth of knowledge...or lack there of...lol but answer this...why did ford switch to hypertecs in 93?

Farmington is a better track but it's harder to line up with the person you want to race

why do you think I'm so impressed with how fast it is?....not reflecting in my 1/8 mile limited traction time for those of you getting ready to remind me
I have more knowledge on mustangs than you do on your own genitals boy.

There is no factual answer to your question. There are only opinions (unless you worked with Ford and might have the insight). But, I will humor you, so you have have your minor second to glorify us with your all knowing of stangs. - production costs....BTW - you do realize that not all faxbodies had forged internals right?....UH DUH - you act like Ford had forged internals in every 5.0 they produced.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:48 PM
11 Second Club

boy!!...you must of said Roy cause there ain't no boys in here...except you...and I 'm not Roy so you must of been talking to yourself. No **** by the way...I was refering to 87-92 having the forged internals maybe 86 as well I know 86 had the 8.8's. You seem to be the one trying to be a badass...oh wait maybe thats because your in California...take it easy bud, I'm just messing with you guys...this thread has been fun.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:58 PM
11 Second Club

dsmfan95...I ran an evo last year in my black 88 iroc 5spd. I took off ahead until half track when it came around me just before the 1/8th mile at Mooresville on test and tune...that wasn't you was it? I believe the car was running mid to high 7's.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:17 PM
Teching In

Farmington is way less crowded on a Test and Tune night. You can line up beside someone much easier on Thursday nights than Mooresville. I frequent both, and the prep track is much better at Farmington.

PS. What color was the Evo? Mine is Silver.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

boy!!...you must of said Roy cause there ain't no boys in here...except you...and I 'm not Roy so you must of been talking to yourself. No **** by the way...I was refering to 87-92 having the forged internals maybe 86 as well I know 86 had the 8.8's. You seem to be the one trying to be a badass...oh wait maybe thats because your in California...take it easy bud, I'm just messing with you guys...this thread has been fun.
I know you were refering to those foxes...you asked a questions as if forged internals were a common thing prior to '93. I will apologize right here and now for my mis-perception.

I am not trying to be a badass....I dont' know why people talk crap about stangs and then when corrected they get pissy saying we are the dicks..NO, we are just correcting the arrogant/ignorance. That's all.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:40 PM
Coy
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

OMG LOLZ!!1!1i bolt on LS1 PWNS ALL!!!
Old 09-19-2007, 10:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

just though i would help you guys out w/ a little fox history. 85 was the first year for forged pistons, 86 was the first year for the 8.8. 87 was the first year for EFI(SD) and MAF came in 89(88 for cali cars). also hyper pistons came about due to increasing emissions standards(cost probably had some to do with it too). hyper pistons have less thermal expansion.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 88blackgt
just though i would help you guys out w/ a little fox history. 85 was the first year for forged pistons, 86 was the first year for the 8.8. 87 was the first year for EFI(SD) and MAF came in 89(88 for cali cars). also hyper pistons came about due to increasing emissions standards(cost probably had some to do with it too). hyper pistons have less thermal expansion.
You sure?

Don't mean to sound like a dick, I have just never heard that before...or even a hint at it.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ponygt65
You sure?

Don't mean to sound like a dick, I have just never heard that before...or even a hint at it.
haha in that case you need to do a little more reading on the subject, as the switch to hyperpathetic pistons was a common thread among auto manufacturers as emissions regulations increased. the major advantage is in the clearances for the motor. tighter piston to wall clearances allowed for less blowby and lower cold-start emissions(hardest test to pass). not to mention the reduced blowby keeps the o2s alive longer and the emissions system happy. hyper pistons also reduce scuffing