Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

93 z28 vs 350z

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 11:54 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well even more reason that the drives is shitty if 427 p car that wieghts about the same cant run better than 13.6. Also magazine test drivers arnt the best either you hear about people killing those tested times all the time.

Second my SR stock ran 13.9 @ 102 that was factory setup other than and exhuast. No FMIC or upgraded bolt ons..

Also todds sr had minimal upgrades cam/fmic and ran 13.1 @ 108 and just recently my friend Jeff ran 13.2 @ 108 wit just exhuast and FMIC. Never seen better than 14 lol

Also my last SR put down 260 whp on 14 psi then I went to a 60-1 and upped the boost to 17 psi Im sure it made a bit more and trapped 110 mp with only a fuel tune no timing added.
Old 09-27-2007, 01:13 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LS240sx
Well even more reason that the drives is shitty if 427 p car that wieghts about the same cant run better than 13.6. Also magazine test drivers arnt the best either you hear about people killing those tested times all the time.

Second my SR stock ran 13.9 @ 102 that was factory setup other than and exhuast. No FMIC or upgraded bolt ons..

Also todds sr had minimal upgrades cam/fmic and ran 13.1 @ 108 and just recently my friend Jeff ran 13.2 @ 108 wit just exhuast and FMIC. Never seen better than 14 lol

Also my last SR put down 260 whp on 14 psi then I went to a 60-1 and upped the boost to 17 psi Im sure it made a bit more and trapped 110 mp with only a fuel tune no timing added.
How long are you going to continue to E stalk me chris. The worse part about it is that you continue to call bs on every thing i say without doing research. I never recall you running that well, as i remember with a bigger turbo you had trouble busting out of the 14s. But whatever. I did research before posting that a stock sr wouldnt do better than a 13.6. I looked at several cars on nico and drag times and couldnt find anything to support your claims.
Anyway you need the read the troll and newbie article.
Old 09-27-2007, 01:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by erickeown
How long are you going to continue to E stalk me chris. The worse part about it is that you continue to call bs on every thing i say without doing research. I never recall you running that well, as i remember with a bigger turbo you had trouble busting out of the 14s. But whatever. I did research before posting that a stock sr wouldnt do better than a 13.6. I looked at several cars on nico and drag times and couldnt find anything to support your claims.
Anyway you need the read the troll and newbie article.

Well, you also stated that 350z's cant run mid 13's, yet I provided you proof!
Old 09-27-2007, 01:33 PM
On The Tree

Do research so if we continue to have this battle of wits you can come armed, because its a shame apparently i know more about domestics and imports than you do. for example

here are some of the things you said that were ill researched

1. a 350z runs 13.6
2. a stock lt1 cant run a 13.8 (parapharased)
3. A stock sr 240 runs better than a 13.6
4. I couldnt beat a s/c lightning
5. The roush 427 has a 427 motor
6. I dont stand a chance against the roush

7.Todds stock sr ran a 13.1
his mods when he ran low 13s

3 inch exhaust
boost controller
cams
intake(filter)
front mount intercooler
new head studs
roller rockers
turbo timer.
thats alot more than stock

And like i said a stock sr running in the 13s stock is a lot rarer than an lt1.
Old 09-27-2007, 01:35 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 45psi
Well, you also stated that 350z's cant run mid 13's, yet I provided you proof!
of course they can, i mean typical times. Stock ls1 z's have hit 12s, its just not typical, based on what less than 1% can do is hardly enough to claim the car is that fast, But i know there are stocker that run 13.6. But the 07 is still in the upper 13's with 20 more horses. Btw, when did i say they cant, i rarely say cant, i usually say don't. Ive seen to many things in to many cars to say cant.
Old 09-27-2007, 01:44 PM
Teching In

13.6 is the best recorded type for an 03-05 350z that i'm aware of. average is more like a 13.9-14.0. a stock lt1 and a 350z would be a good race. i'm guessing yours wasn't stock. good kill.
Old 09-27-2007, 03:03 PM
Banned

of course they can, i mean typical times. Stock ls1 z's have hit 12s, its just not typical, based on what less than 1% can do is hardly enough to claim the car is that fast, But i know there are stocker that run 13.6. But the 07 is still in the upper 13's with 20 more horses. Btw, when did i say they cant, i rarely say cant, i usually say don't. Ive seen to many things in to many cars to say cant.

LOL, an 07 350z is a mid to low 13sec car. It doesnt matter if it makes 20 more hp(even though it is more), it makes it throughout the powerband with a more linear curve. In addition to more power, it also has a higher redline.

When you say typical, Im assuming you mean not capable. Becuase in your own words:

Originally Posted by Stev0n
haha i know a 350z is faster than high 14's. i was just getting the point across that a stock 350z (not including the new models) is not gonna run a 13.6

^ that statement alone is incorrect!
Old 09-27-2007, 03:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

When you say typical, Im assuming you mean not capable. Becuase in your own words:

haha i know a 350z is faster than high 14's. i was just getting the point across that a stock 350z (not including the new models) is not gonna run a 13.6

^^^the fact that you are using steve's post against eric proves alot about your BS too.

BTW - I got a good chuckle out of your 13.6 'proof.'
Old 09-27-2007, 03:26 PM
12 Second Club

Yes, Visshusfemmes car should be faster. The 13.7's were in 90+ degree temps.. Her dyno before the headers was 258/295 with a afr of 11.5 across the whole board. Her car is in need of a tune badly.
Old 09-27-2007, 03:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 350znal
Yes, Visshusfemmes car should be faster. The 13.7's were in 90+ degree temps.. Her dyno before the headers was 258/295 with a afr of 11.5 across the whole board. Her car is in need of a tune badly.
Don't know if you are refering to me, but if you are, I wasn't talking about her car....as far as what made me chuckle.
Old 09-27-2007, 03:40 PM
Launching!

Holy Islamic Terrorists Batman!!! This thread has been hijacked!!!

Hey 25(cough) I mean 45 PSI. How was your vacation in banned land?
Old 09-27-2007, 03:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I work at a Nissan Dealer. I'm a Nissan Technician. I drive 350Z's everyday. The older ones are definately nothing to worry about. The 07's are actually pretty fast. I've ripped on new, old, automatic, manual, and even a NISMO edition 350Z. I wouldnt worry about stock 350z's. But you might want to watch out for a modded 07, you might be surprised.
Old 09-27-2007, 04:27 PM
On The Tree

Do research so if we continue to have this battle of wits you can come armed, because its a shame apparently i know more about domestics and imports than you do. for example

here are some of the things you said that were ill researched

1. a 350z runs 13.6
2. a stock lt1 cant run a 13.8 (parapharased)
3. A stock sr 240 runs better than a 13.6
4. I couldnt beat a s/c lightning
5. The roush 427 has a 427 motor
6. I dont stand a chance against the roush

7.Todds stock sr ran a 13.1
his mods when he ran low 13s

3 inch exhaust
boost controller
cams
intake(filter)
front mount intercooler
new head studs
roller rockers
turbo timer.
thats alot more than stock

And like i said a stock sr running in the 13s stock is a lot rarer than an lt1.

LMAO todd doesnt have roller rockers and a turbo timer is not a mod also niether are head studs (unless your running major boost which his stock T25 wouldnt do) but you knew that with all your knowledge.

Just cause you didnt see me run below 14 means I didnt?
Also I never questioned if you could run 13.8 I questioned the trap speed of 98 since that would require a very good 60 foot and youve said you tranny is messed up or something...

Also never said a stock SR would run 13.6. I ran a 13.9 in my stock setup so you can doubt if you want. That same setup beat many stangs running the same times only because my trap was 100+.

My bad I didnt go around and read what everyone said and report it as my knowledge.
If you know so much about cars why do you still have stock cars with 5 min bolt ons? I mean even with limited money you should have been able to do a swap to that 240 you planed on... O wait you got the idea after you heard me talk about doing mine and guess what I did mine what have you done?
Nothing except complain about your car having over heating problems which anyone with minimal mecanical skills sould be able to figure out. I guess you have so much car knowledge you cant fix your own car?

Im not trolling either just like calling you on all the BS and **** you talk. Never was mad this whole time either, just think its funny how you said you were helping me.... but you ask for help by posting in the Street Racing Kill Stories section.... Hmmm sure.... It seems to me your doing the same you always do talk **** about beating cars that arnt running correctly due to recent swap or upgrade or live life through others with faster cars than yours. Todd said hed race you now since we figured out is issue causing his car to run so shitty but you declined? But personally I could care less if someone beats your car and you would never have heard me talking about someone beating you because I dont care. I race I loose if both cars are running like they should then that means I just need more.
Old 09-27-2007, 04:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

LMAO todd doesnt have roller rockers and a turbo timer is not a mod also niether are head studs (unless your running major boost which his stock T25 wouldnt do) but you knew that with all your knowledge.
With all THe incorrect BS you have posted...you have the NERVE to make that comment. You need to STFU, and take your troll *** outa here.

427CI stang R U SERIOUS?...

Here's a question for you......do you even know the difference between an S/C L and a N/A L?...you said he ran an N/A not blown. Tell me the difference.
Old 09-27-2007, 05:38 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

LOL, an 07 350z is a mid to low 13sec car. It doesnt matter if it makes 20 more hp(even though it is more), it makes it throughout the powerband with a more linear curve. In addition to more power, it also has a higher redline.

Old 09-27-2007, 05:59 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 93transam
Hey 25(cough) I mean 45 PSI. How was your vacation in banned land?

HA! it looks like "pissy Chrissy" picked up 20 lbs. of boost (hot air??)somewhere! That Datsun running low 9s yet??

unit; is this really our resident #1 import fanboy/defender/troll??? (aka 25psi)
Old 09-27-2007, 06:38 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ponygt65
With all THe incorrect BS you have posted...you have the NERVE to make that comment. You need to STFU, and take your troll *** outa here.

427CI stang R U SERIOUS?...

Here's a question for you......do you even know the difference between an S/C L and a N/A L?...you said he ran an N/A not blown. Tell me the difference.
Ooo my bad sorry I forgot to study up on my new mustangs... O wait maybe cause they are over priced over weight cars that cant compete with a stock C6...

Also my comment was to Eric making comments that he knows more about imports and cars in general than I do. So again stay out of something you know nothing about.

Also after some research (since I know little about lightenings) S/C model was a 5.4 L Super Charged
N/A was a 5.4 non super charged

S/C 360-380 hp
440-460 ft/lb

N/A 235 hp
335 ft/lb tq

From what I read average stock 1/4 are 13.9 s/c 14.3 n/a reasoning being the body style and weight I would guess.
Old 09-27-2007, 07:21 PM
Staging Lane

Todd said hed race you now since we figured out is issue causing his car to run so shitty but you declined?
Ummm... Chris.... Eric was in his car ready to pull out. Todd is the one that backed out.

Todd said, "let's race".

Eric said, "let's go" and named the place.

after about 5 minutes todd said, "I'm not gonna race unless it's on natcher". and shut his car off. therefore race did not take place. eric was still in his car (running) ready to pull out.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ooo my bad sorry I forgot to study up on my new mustangs... O wait maybe cause they are over priced over weight cars that cant compete with a stock C6...

Also my comment was to Eric making comments that he knows more about imports and cars in general than I do. So again stay out of something you know nothing about.

Also after some research (since I know little about lightenings) S/C model was a 5.4 L Super Charged
N/A was a 5.4 non super charged

S/C 360-380 hp
440-460 ft/lb

N/A 235 hp
335 ft/lb tq

From what I read average stock 1/4 are 13.9 s/c 14.3 n/a reasoning being the body style and weight I would guess.
Hey Butt-Plug......what the hell does a Roush 427r being overpriced and slower than a C6 have ANYTHING to do with the motor that is under the hood?.................NOTHING.

SECONDLY - I was refering to the years/body styles.....NO **** the N/A didn't have a blower...QUOTE: "N/A was a 5.4 non super charged" If you knew your left *** cheek from your right, you would have known that S/C'd vs. N/A's were TWO TOTALLY different body styles. so, it's pretty freakin easy to tell which is N/A and which isn't. Much like how easy it is to see that you are...........

Like I said...you have NO RIGHT calling him wrong when you have posted NOTHING but BS. AND, as for me 'staying' out of it..your comments were posted in a public forum....and those comments DID NOT RECALL a personal non-forum conversation.

Now.....sit down before your hurt self.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:57 PM
On The Tree

Yes in a public forum but not directed towards you you just had to stick your nose into it.
Im gay? I guess you would be the offical judge being you cant get much gayer than driving a Mach 1 (the car you could afford because the cobra cost to much). I bet you go around reving on every car you see. Even if the car is parked with no one in it cause its a MUSTANG!!! MACH 1 Bitches owwww!!! Kinda like all the other douche bags that drive them around here.

Also not everyone knows that that some Lightnings wernt super charged. Hince someone could make that mistake.
About the race... Why not go to Natcher? Scared? I mean Todd did just run 14s that means the LT1 would kill the little 4 cylinder.... O wait nooo just more **** talk but scared of a race against a 14 sec car (well atleast thats what Eric said).
PLUS whats the hell is the deal with a 10 mph roll? That benefits only the more torquey car now if you go from a higher roll you see who has the most power not just who gets traction. Its a big debate but if you want a race and want to see who is faster you go from a 30 or so roll and settle it there.

I hate digs even though my SR pulled ok 60s and the new setup will pull hard from a dig I still hate dig races cause they just show who has traction aka more money for tires and suspension(for high HP vehicles). Eric likes digs cause his car barely spins cause it doesn't make that much power.

Last edited by LS240sx; 09-27-2007 at 11:05 PM.