Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

93 z28 vs 350z

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 03:34 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dailydriver
Fair enough. But can I also use that last excuse to explain away my shitty mid 12s @ 113xx performance?? Since I have a 60'/e.t. KILLING road race/autocross suspension on the Z28. And before you ask, YES, it WILL butcher a stock 350Z around all but the tightest autocross courses, as well as take even modded 350Zs around road courses.
Just asking, since it is so hard to keep up with all of the import biased "rules" on here. I wanted to check with everybody to make sure it's OK to use the same "reasoning" for domestics as for the imports.<--

I would hope a modded camaro, could beat a stock 350z. The key word is modded!
Old 09-29-2007, 04:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ZFan88
I'm not going to do a search on the internet for possible times they could run. I'll go to my track where I haven't seen one in the 13s at all. Go internet race some more
I agree.
I went to the IRP this week and seen two 350Z's, both manual... one was an 07 and the other a intake/exhaust 04 and neither landed anything better then a 13.8 or 13.9.

They had decent launches and from what I could see and shifted well.
Old 09-29-2007, 05:16 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by ZFan88
I'm not going to do a search on the internet for possible times they could run. I'll go to my track where I haven't seen one in the 13s at all. Go internet race some more
Considering he's talking about his friend's car, I wouldn't consider that "internet racing." But seriously... if all I had ever seen out of an F-body was mid-high 13s, could I say on here that I think they aren't capable of better? I mean there IS proof that they are, but I'd have to look on the internet for it. And that's just crazy.
Old 09-30-2007, 03:01 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Considering he's talking about his friend's car, I wouldn't consider that "internet racing." But seriously... if all I had ever seen out of an F-body was mid-high 13s, could I say on here that I think they aren't capable of better? I mean there IS proof that they are, but I'd have to look on the internet for it. And that's just crazy.
I've seen a few fast stock fbody's at my track that go alone with what people say here. I see 350Zs all the time at track nights along with the hundred other gay imports (not to be confused with nice ones) and like I said...not one in the 13s. I'm glad his 'friend' ran that time. I ran a 10.5 in my intake/exhaust LT1. Oh wait, I didn't, but I can type it up and someone might believe me..
Old 09-30-2007, 04:37 AM
***Repost Police***

If you honestly think that a 350Z is not capable of the said times, that's your own fault... not mine. You can believe what you want
Old 09-30-2007, 08:48 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
If you honestly think that a 350Z is not capable of the said times, that's your own fault... not mine. You can believe what you want
+1 wtf is up with all the doubt? it's not like anyone claimed they were in the 12s or something. It's like it's SO important that an import car not be any good to some people, they want to argue over every positive aspect of the car.
Old 09-30-2007, 03:17 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 45psi
I would hope a modded camaro, could beat a stock 350z. The key word is modded!
You're right, modded IS the key word, just hope all of you import boyzz learn that as well. Like when you arrogantly swagger about killing bone stock f bodies with 30 lbs. of tuned boost in a 2200 lb. car!!!

I was simply asking if I am "allowed" by the import "rules" it seems we must live by on here if it was OK for me to claim the same "handling ride being no good for 1/4 mile times" arguement. Or are the "rules" different for domestics, and necessarily biased towards imports??
Old 10-01-2007, 10:55 AM
On The Tree

Cars running well now. My problem was my old harness. Took it out last night and laid into it with no problems.

Also PonyBoy how much are you putting down? Also I know the specific difference of the Mach 1 and Cobra just dont see the difference in not being able to own the Cobra over the Mach 1. Its not like the Mach 1 has any more space. That was a my point. You said you got rid of the cobra due to Family which I assume is a space or money issue but I would think a used cobra would run about the same cost as the Mach 1 when it was sold.

I also changed power plants because Ive had 2 different Nissan motors in my car and loved them but just wanted something different. Just because you havnt swapped a car doesnt make it stupid or the old motor weak. My 4 cylinder made 300 whp not bad for 2 liters. It was just a stock motor with upgraded turbo and fuel system on 16 psi.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

^^^ You assume too much.....stop the ignorance before you look like the biggest tool ever to appear on this site.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:44 PM
***Repost Police***

No matter what he does, I doubt he'll take that title away from ONEDOUCHEBAGWS6
Old 10-01-2007, 01:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

OneBadAssws6 is funny at least and entertaining. I like that guy for that.

This nissan fellow is none of the above.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:52 PM
On The Tree

Then tell me the numbers of your Mach 1...
Old 10-01-2007, 05:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by LS240sx
Then tell me the numbers of your Mach 1...
Why?....please tell me the point of that?...what would that solve?...it won't allow you to think with common sense.

FWIW - If you ACTUALLY read my post....the answer as to WHY I sold the Cobra is there....you're just speed reading and not actually paying attention to what I post. I AT LEAST give you the respect to read everything you state. Try to do the same.

Do you have four kids?....have you had a mortgage, four kids, and five cars, to know what impracticality may represent?..NO....it was impractical because it was nothing more than a 'switch off' DD/F around car. have you driven both cars?...NO, so you have no clue as to which one was better for driving in traffic (CAN YOU SAY STIFF CLUTCH)? Like I said in my other post, I don't have to explain my life, or life decisions to you. You are IGNORANT on the subject and you don't know SQUAT about cobra's or Mach's....YOUR POSTS PROVE IT. 5 psi on a stock mach....you are a freakin' moron. Stop acting like you actually know something, cause you know JACK ****.

Last edited by ponygt65; 10-01-2007 at 05:54 PM.