Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

My little LT1 vs Blown 4.6gt, cobra, 2 ls1, and a new SRT8 charger

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 07:59 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
I take each situation as it presents itself.

You're still a ricer for not posting mods in sig
Old 10-10-2007, 12:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

FlashLCD33, I wouldn't worry about it dude. Some people wouldn't even be happy even if you agreed with them.

ponygt65, I was refering to where you implied that my buddy was crazy for lowering the boost to 13. I'm correcting that line of thought and telling you that he lowered it from 13.

As for the rest, just because we choose to do things differently and not disclose our mods, doesn't mean you need to get all pissy about it. You want to tell people what you got then that's cool, but there is nothing requiring us to tell what we got. Deal with it and move on.
Prior to my statement of him lowering it 'to' 13 psi, I did not notice where you stated 13 psi was the 'starting' boost, and he lowered it since. He you are stating that now...then I gotcha. The ironic/rediculous thing is, 'both' sides of the table are getting pissy about it. I realize i didn't say it clearly (which is a problem I have), but my only issue is people refusing to tell their mods. Per my other post, I dont' expect people to go through their list adn see if a race would be comparable...no, my point is keeping them a secret. I can't see why people would refuse to tell someone. If after a race you still dont' say anything, then that is f'd up, IMO.

I'd actually not prefer to take this to PM's. Why is there a need for that? Is it suddenly wrong to argue on a car website? LOL, that's alot of the fun of a kill section.

You stated your opinion here. If the arguing is rediculous then why are you entertaining us? When you make comments like the ones above then expect people to disagree and give their own opinions. As for why I choose not to disclose my mods, I find that when people know what you have then they are less likely to run you unless they think they make alot more hp than you do. On the flip side, I don't ask people what they got done until we've raced and then if they don't want to tell me, then that's cool. Certain people I'll tell afterwards and some I won't. I take each situation as it presents itself.
I only stated going to PM's, because this thread has gone to **** and I didn't want it to be closed. Too many debates/disagreements happen with an end result of closure.

As I stated above..telling mods prior to a race.....I agree with "they are less likely to run" if they dont' think they will win..HENCE, my comment of people being afraid to lose.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by FlashLCD33
You're still a ricer for not posting mods in sig
Just for the record.......I did state earlier that there is nothing 'ricer' about not listing mods in a forum.

And in case you guys hadn't noticed......my mods aren't listed clearly for my car either....you can guess....but that's it.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looking back at this thread, it really DID get out of control quick, hahaha.

I think we can all agree that yes, we like mods lists, especially with videos and kill stories, but no, no one is required to give that list if they don't want to and no, it doesn't make you "rice" to keep it a secret.

BUT

I still don't understand why someone doesn't just PM a poster for there mod list if they don't want it posted in the thread...?
Old 10-10-2007, 04:25 PM
11 Second Club

I agree saying your car is stock before a race then owning a modded car is pretty weak... but I don't do that. If someone asks if it is stock, I say no, and if they ask if it's a built motor I say no. "What's done to it?" "Just little stuff" is usually my response.. because it's the truth

It will be fast one day (pretty soon I hope, we'll see how this winter goes) and I still will not reveal what is done to it. "Some motor work"
Old 10-10-2007, 10:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
Looking back at this thread, it really DID get out of control quick, hahaha.

I think we can all agree that yes, we like mods lists, especially with videos and kill stories, but no, no one is required to give that list if they don't want to and no, it doesn't make you "rice" to keep it a secret.

BUT

I still don't understand why someone doesn't just PM a poster for there mod list if they don't want it posted in the thread...?
Originally Posted by FlashLCD33
I agree saying your car is stock before a race then owning a modded car is pretty weak... but I don't do that. If someone asks if it is stock, I say no, and if they ask if it's a built motor I say no. "What's done to it?" "Just little stuff" is usually my response.. because it's the truth

It will be fast one day (pretty soon I hope, we'll see how this winter goes) and I still will not reveal what is done to it. "Some motor work"

NOt sure where we got out of hand....but I agree with those posts...maybe I didn't word myself correctly about the 'stubborn' when it comes to teh secretive......My bad if that is the case.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:35 AM

Good, then it's all settled. Now we can all be friends again, lol.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Good, then it's all settled. Now we can all be friends again, lol.
***yells from the back of the room***

NO YOU CAN NOT TOUCH ME THERE FOR A DOLLAR.!!
Old 10-11-2007, 01:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Haha, nice. Now let's all go find someone else's thread to destroy!
Old 10-11-2007, 04:44 PM
11 Second Club

Added a bolton 4.6 GT to the list.. He is a pretty cool guy and his car sounds wicked. There are no more fast cars in town (fast as in faster then the average car, like a LT1/LS1)

I need to travel to find some fun, after I make the car fast.

Quick Reply: My little LT1 vs Blown 4.6gt, cobra, 2 ls1, and a new SRT8 charger