Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

WS6 vs. BPU supra TT & MACH1 VIDEO

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 11:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lilbuddy - It was probably a combination of both as far as the WS6 goes. But how good were any of us after 2 months of owning an LSX?

02vortech- Good to hear you're doing good man. Still planning on getting another car? I thought I remembered Rich telling me something happened to yours?

Anyway, ya man its cold as ***** here. It snowed the other day! I think Rich is planning on visiting you in November?
Old 10-04-2007, 11:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Incubus
lilbuddy - It was probably a combination of both as far as the WS6 goes. But how good were any of us after 2 months of owning an LSX?

02vortech- Good to hear you're doing good man. Still planning on getting another car? I thought I remembered Rich telling me something happened to yours?

Anyway, ya man its cold as ***** here. It snowed the other day! I think Rich is planning on visiting you in November?

haha yeah i thought it was fucked. pulling hte heads. i think i burnt up a couple valves or valve seats. prolly gonna sell the turbo kit.

im gonna get an AWD impreza to **** around in (cage, turbo, built transmission) and just go have fun. i got to much money going into the stock market to do anythign serious right now. luckily i got Mona vie to hold me down.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:00 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ponygt65
Oh great....I read one nice post from CapN, and now he is back on his tirade's. Tell me CapN....how do you know that car only traps 89 in the 1/8?. Stop choking the LS chicken and learn some ****. I think everyones' gettin' really tired of your ignorant BS being spouted all the time.
The supra trapped 89mph in the 1/8, I wasnt talking about the Mach1. I am not ignorant by any means, I know my ****. That insult was undeserved *******, the guy said ls1s arent all that fast and thats a stupid *** statement to make just cause he had a piece of ****. Regardless the LS1 lost and it probably just isnt a strong car, **** happens. I didnt say all ls1s can beat all machs but generally mod for mod AND stock for stock the ls1 comes out on top, especially from a roll. Im not on the ls1 ******* either, in case you havent noticed I drive a 3rd gen with a sbc. You give mustang owners a bad name with posts like these, just cause you dont agree with what I say doesnt mean you can insult me. And btw 13.9@101 is ***** slow even for a bone stock auto.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:00 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by noride
ban smokey
ban noride
Old 10-05-2007, 03:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by capn smokey
ban noride
how original
Old 10-05-2007, 07:13 AM
Teching In

who the hell is this guy smokey?why is he always a problem.and i have beat alot of lsx cars ,lost some to no bid deal. i have owned both and love both they are great cars
Old 10-05-2007, 09:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by mach1-320
this is the guy in the mach.. bought it with 13k miles on it and had no visable add-ons what so ever. there was a "superchips" sticker on the back bumper.. but im not too sure how much power you can get out of a simple flash tuner..

when i got it dynoed with just intake it put down 291whp/310 tq
after xpipe was 292/325 rwtq

now its got a catback...

either way im sure we all know numbers doesnt mean **** anymore now a days

btw to the 89mph in the 1/8.. i wish.. best time so far was 8.6 at 87 with 2.4 60 foot..

but honestly like the previouse post.. not every modular/lsx motor comes out with same numbers or power.. i guess i just got lucky.. either that or ppl just cant drive around this area
Handhelds lean out the factory tune. If you have CAI, midpipe, and a box tune, you are probably running pretty lean. I would strap that down and double check your A/F...I would guess 14.0-14.5. Get a dyno tune, and you'll be a happy man.

Great color choice....
Old 10-05-2007, 09:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by capn smokey
The supra trapped 89mph in the 1/8, I wasnt talking about the Mach1. I am not ignorant by any means, I know my ****. That insult was undeserved *******, the guy said ls1s arent all that fast and thats a stupid *** statement to make just cause he had a piece of ****. Regardless the LS1 lost and it probably just isnt a strong car, **** happens. I didnt say all ls1s can beat all machs but generally mod for mod AND stock for stock the ls1 comes out on top, especially from a roll. Im not on the ls1 ******* either, in case you havent noticed I drive a 3rd gen with a sbc. You give mustang owners a bad name with posts like these, just cause you dont agree with what I say doesnt mean you can insult me. And btw 13.9@101 is ***** slow even for a bone stock auto.
First off, you didn't clarify which car you were refering to. It was natural you were talking about the stang, seems how you already posted about it and always talk crap on mustangs.

Secondly, yes you are ignorant about stangs. ALL your posts prove it. You are just to thick headed to see the truth.

Thirdly - I like how you say I am the ******* and talk crap, yet people want you kicked out.........
Old 10-05-2007, 09:51 AM
Teching In

Handhelds lean out the factory tune. If you have CAI, midpipe, and a box tune, you are probably running pretty lean. I would strap that down and double check your A/F...I would guess 14.0-14.5. Get a dyno tune, and you'll be a happy man.

Great color choice....
well.. when i got dynoed with just intake, i remember a/f being around mid 12.. not 100% sure tho.. i mean honestly it runs fine to me, with no problems ever ::knock on wood:: but if i were able to get more out of it just with simple tuning, that would just freak ppl out more then what they already are...

but yeah i would love to check out the a/f see how it is right bout now..
Old 10-05-2007, 09:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

you can have my AEM UEGO eric. its for sale. needs a new sensor and sensor harness.

but yeah. did you check about those plugs. just need to get 2 heat ranges colder JUST IN CASE the timing has been advanced without your knowing. cant wait for the terminator to eat his words

and guys. take the pissing match somewhere else.

you've gotten both sides of the story here from the ws6's brother, and the guy who owns the mach1. shouldnt be a big deal.

INTERNET SERIOUS BUISNESS!
Old 10-05-2007, 10:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

well.. when i got dynoed with just intake, i remember a/f being around mid 12.. not 100% sure tho.. i mean honestly it runs fine to me, with no problems ever ::knock on wood:: but if i were able to get more out of it just with simple tuning, that would just freak ppl out more then what they already are...

but yeah i would love to check out the a/f see how it is right bout now..
A simple CAI, wouldn't lean it out too much, so you are probably correct on the 12.5. It is very possible there isn't a box tune in the car. He could have had one at one point and took it out, since he sold it. If you were at 12.5 (across the board, mind you), then you may be perfect with the addition of the midpipe (especially if the box tune isn't installed). I would def. pay the $80-100 to get three pulls with the A/F graph though..just to be certain. That is pretty cheap insurance and it will give you a good idea where you are at.

BTW - you won't 'feel' the car being lean.

If you would like (so I don't screw up this thread anymore) PM me.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:11 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 02Vortech
you can have my AEM UEGO eric. its for sale. needs a new sensor and sensor harness.

but yeah. did you check about those plugs. just need to get 2 heat ranges colder JUST IN CASE the timing has been advanced without your knowing. cant wait for the terminator to eat his words

and guys. take the pissing match somewhere else.

you've gotten both sides of the story here from the ws6's brother, and the guy who owns the mach1. shouldnt be a big deal.

INTERNET SERIOUS BUISNESS!
yea man sure ill take a look at your UEGO..

yeah ima go to autozone during lunch to see if i can find them there.. if that termin. is stock, im bout 90% positive ill give him the same pull i gave the ls1, after the shot ofcourse

might get the shot during that time aswell if vic gives me a call before hand..
Old 10-05-2007, 10:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

yea man sure ill take a look at your UEGO..

yeah ima go to autozone during lunch to see if i can find them there.. if that termin. is stock, im bout 90% positive ill give him the same pull i gave the ls1, after the shot ofcourse

might get the shot during that time aswell if vic gives me a call before hand..
I dont' think you'll need colder plugs. You have a few minor bolt ons. The only way the timing would be advance is if you have tune in the car. If you were running 12.5, I would be shocked if the timing was touched (given, the car is N/A). The A/F and timing go hand in hand...both dyno tune, and box tune. pending mods and tuner, the timing wouldn't be touched. Even if it was touched, on a near stock car, it would only be a couple of degrees. Not enough to need new plugs.

But, that's just my two cents. Also...be careful which plugs you get, if you decide to get them. Feel free to PM me, or go to mach1registry if you want to know which ones to use.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Incubus

I was running 12.80's @ 111-112 with full exhaust/tune and Nittos.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by lilbuddy1587
I was running 12.80's @ 111-112 with full exhaust/tune and Nittos.
12.8s with all that......so your slow?.......

J/K...
Old 10-05-2007, 01:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

could pull a couple plugs just to make sure its not running too lean.

and 02 vortech, how much for the wideband if he doesnt want it?
Old 10-05-2007, 01:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 88blackgt
could pull a couple plugs just to make sure its not running too lean.
True..but if the car hasn't gone into closed loop very much...then he still won't be able to tell. Plugs won't be very white.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

True..but if the car hasn't gone into closed loop very much...then he still won't be able to tell. Plugs won't be very white.
why wouldnt it be going into closed loop very much? does he drive the car past startup? im sure he would notice if it was running in open when its not supposed to.
Old 10-05-2007, 04:19 PM
Banned

First off, you didn't clarify which car you were refering to. It was natural you were talking about the stang, seems how you already posted about it and always talk crap on mustangs.

Secondly, yes you are ignorant about stangs. ALL your posts prove it. You are just to thick headed to see the truth.

Thirdly - I like how you say I am the ******* and talk crap, yet people want you kicked out.........
Sorry if I was misunderstood. I dont like stangs but I am not ignorant about them by any means, I have had my *** handed to me by more mustangs than I can count. I know what mach1s can do, they are the best stang built IMO but they arent on par with a LS1 and I think anyone could agree with that. And please if Im soooo ignorant search my posts and find something ive said that was completely false about a mustang. You probably wont find anything, sometimes I get pissed off and say unnecessary things but not ignorant things. Please get off my case, and btw the most people that want me gone are mustang drivers. I dont break rules and I dont post bs so I think my membership here is pretty safe.
Old 10-05-2007, 04:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

12.8s with all that......so your slow?.......

J/K...

That ANNNNNDD I didn't want to shatter the glass jaw, 2.0 60' for the loss

Quick Reply: WS6 vs. BPU supra TT & MACH1 VIDEO