Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

WS6 vs. BPU supra TT & MACH1 VIDEO

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 04:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 88blackgt
why wouldnt it be going into closed loop very much? does he drive the car past startup? im sure he would notice if it was running in open when its not supposed to.
OK, OK...I get closed Loop and Open Loop confused all the time.....You know what I mean though.

If the car hasn't gone past half throttle very much...(when the computer takes over)......lamens terms, so I don't confuse myself, much less others. LOL
Old 10-05-2007, 05:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by capn smokey
Sorry if I was misunderstood. I dont like stangs but I am not ignorant about them by any means, I have had my *** handed to me by more mustangs than I can count. I know what mach1s can do, they are the best stang built IMO but they arent on par with a LS1 and I think anyone could agree with that. And please if Im soooo ignorant search my posts and find something ive said that was completely false about a mustang. You probably wont find anything, sometimes I get pissed off and say unnecessary things but not ignorant things. Please get off my case, and btw the most people that want me gone are mustang drivers. I dont break rules and I dont post bs so I think my membership here is pretty safe.
So you aren't ignorant to mustangs because you have had your *** handed to you by them??...that makes NO sense.

Ok...you posted an ignorant thing right there....You dont' own either, nor have ever owned either. Majority of hte members here (that aren't completely biased, like you), will admit that the Mach and an LS fbod ARE, indeed, a driver's race. To say it isn't on par...well, that's an ignorant statement. They both generally run (M5 vs. M6) low to mid 13s. How is that not on par?

I did do a search on your posts....and your right..I didn't find many ignorant statements. BECAUSE...there was so much 'mustangs are POS this and POS that' it was truely pathetic. ALL you do is talk **** on them, yet adding NO usable information about either car. CAUSE YOU DON"T HAVE ONE.
The two posts I did see that were ignorant were you stating a H/C C5 would walk a pullied cobra....really?....that is a pretty VAGUE statement..how do you know that? mild H/C or extreme?....medium sized pulley, or small?...I mean come on. The other one......you stated the GT500 is slow. Call me crazy, but a low 12 second car off the showroom is HARDLY slow..if that is the case..then C6's and C5Z's are SLOW. If you're going to talk **** about a car being slow...then you need to group all of them together.....well....I guess you would need to if you were such a bowtie leg humper.

Your ignorance is showed by your **** talking, in case you didn't catch that. As for you not wanting you around...I ahve seen just as many GM guys mention how much a pain in the *** you are, as there have been stang guys. BUT, you won't see that because you are so brand loyal is iconic to the blinded.

Finally - I admit that I have partaken my share of ruining this thread (which admitedly, I have done a few times). SO, if you wish to discuss this further.....take it to PM's.
Old 10-05-2007, 06:13 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by capn smokey
Sorry if I was misunderstood. I dont like stangs but I am not ignorant about them by any means, I have had my *** handed to me by more mustangs than I can count. I know what mach1s can do, they are the best stang built IMO but they arent on par with a LS1 and I think anyone could agree with that. And please if Im soooo ignorant search my posts and find something ive said that was completely false about a mustang. You probably wont find anything, sometimes I get pissed off and say unnecessary things but not ignorant things. Please get off my case, and btw the most people that want me gone are mustang drivers. I dont break rules and I dont post bs so I think my membership here is pretty safe.
Now I see why there is so much Mustang hate.
Old 10-05-2007, 06:59 PM
Staging Lane

Just to clear things up a bit, im the owner of the ws6 in the vid...(not to knock the race) i didnt want to go ***** out on my car because i had to drive it 3000 miles 3 days later and if something would have happend i would have been screwed. so to be on the safe side i granny shifted. and on top of that i need a tune really bad....im running really rich.
That mach is a freak...its soo loud and it really moves. Eric is an amazing drive on top of that. He and the poopra beat me fair and square.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by big_papaD
Just to clear things up a bit, im the owner of the ws6 in the vid...(not to knock the race) i didnt want to go ***** out on my car because i had to drive it 3000 miles 3 days later and if something would have happend i would have been screwed. so to be on the safe side i granny shifted. and on top of that i need a tune really bad....im running really rich.
That mach is a freak...its soo loud and it really moves. Eric is an amazing drive on top of that. He and the poopra beat me fair and square.
Lid and full exhaust and you are running rich?...what am I misisng?.

I can see why you wouldn't go all out...get that thing tuned, and go at it again....out come may be different........unless Eric changes something.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:35 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ponygt65
Lid and full exhaust and you are running rich?...what am I misisng?.
I thought more air (full intake) without a tune would cause your engine to compensate with more fuel, causing it to run rich?
Old 10-06-2007, 12:02 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by GODSP33D
I thought more air (full intake) without a tune would cause your engine to compensate with more fuel, causing it to run rich?

exactly
Old 10-06-2007, 02:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

why would it run rich? if the maf sees the extra air, it will add the correct amount of fuel, and make further adjustments based on what the o2s are saying. if the maf cant see the air coming in(not sure why it wouldnt, but its a possibility) it would run lean, because the maf doesnt compensate for the extra air. only thing i could see is if you've got a manifold, it may screw with the computer(i dont know ls1 computers well, no idea), but you would assume it would run lean rather than rich.
Old 10-06-2007, 02:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

OK, OK...I get closed Loop and Open Loop confused all the time.....You know what I mean though.

If the car hasn't gone past half throttle very much...(when the computer takes over)......lamens terms, so I don't confuse myself, much less others. LOL
car goes into closed loop as soon as it is heated up, and to some degree even earlier("cold drive away"). easy to tell because it eliminates the "fast idle." after this point, it will always run in closed loop(other than WOT, in which case it goes to the preset WOT levels, and the knock sensor comes into play)
Old 10-06-2007, 09:35 AM
Teching In

unless Eric changes something.
Old 10-06-2007, 11:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mach1-320
Old 10-06-2007, 11:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

if hes took off the cats and put on and ory then the SEC light is on and that would make it run rich right? (im talkin about the t\a b4 i get e-bullied)
Old 10-06-2007, 04:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

The other one......you stated the GT500 is slow. Call me crazy, but a low 12 second car off the showroom is HARDLY slow
Umm if you think most GT500's go low 12's stock, you need to start going to the drag strip more often. I pay attention to the real world, not Muscle mustangs and fast fords.

Ive seen a good 20+ run at Fayetteville, Rockingham, VMSP, etc..... and the absolute best time I have seen from one is a 12.9 in stock form. I know they "supposedly" have the potential to run faster, but thats with an evan smith quality driver. That happens about as often as an F body going 12's bone stock. It happens, but not often.

And no, I do not consider 12's "fast."
Old 10-06-2007, 04:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

And also, your car should not need a tune with your mods. I ran my last car with longtubes, cutout, lid, etc for months with no tune, and it ran like a champ. You might be able to pick up some power with a tune (slightly) but it by no means would cause your car to lose power like that in most cases.... in fact I have never seen a case where that happened. You mod your car and it gets slower with bolt ons. Maybe if you put a cam in it and didnt get a tune, but thats about it.
Old 10-06-2007, 09:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by big_papaD
exactly
why would it run rich? if the maf sees the extra air, it will add the correct amount of fuel, and make further adjustments based on what the o2s are saying. if the maf cant see the air coming in(not sure why it wouldnt, but its a possibility) it would run lean, because the maf doesnt compensate for the extra air. only thing i could see is if you've got a manifold, it may screw with the computer(i dont know ls1 computers well, no idea), but you would assume it would run lean rather than rich.
car goes into closed loop as soon as it is heated up, and to some degree even earlier("cold drive away"). easy to tell because it eliminates the "fast idle." after this point, it will always run in closed loop(other than WOT, in which case it goes to the preset WOT levels, and the knock sensor comes into play)
YOu guys are partially correct....the MAF and O2s do constantly make adjustments for the A/F pending what they read...however, that is only until you go past half throttle. Once that happens (OPEN loop), then the computer takes over...which is why tuning is done at WOT under a load. A car being hot or cold doesn't have anything ot do with tuning perimeters with open and closed loop. ALso, you need to remember that the MAF and O2s can only compensate for so much.

Think about it....by your guys' mentality, no tuning would be needed to adjust A/F because the MAf and O2s would take care of it.......and that just is not the truth.

Open and closed Loop depend on throttle position.

Old 10-06-2007, 09:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by VENGEANCE
Umm if you think most GT500's go low 12's stock, you need to start going to the drag strip more often. I pay attention to the real world, not Muscle mustangs and fast fords.

Ive seen a good 20+ run at Fayetteville, Rockingham, VMSP, etc..... and the absolute best time I have seen from one is a 12.9 in stock form. I know they "supposedly" have the potential to run faster, but thats with an evan smith quality driver. That happens about as often as an F body going 12's bone stock. It happens, but not often.

And no, I do not consider 12's "fast."
OK..so you are correct, because you have seen some run at 2 or three strips?....?? Don't tell me about how much I need or do go to the drag strip.

Best time I have seen an Fbod run is 13.5 ..... guess all these claims about them being 13.0 OR even 12.9 are all BS right?...WRONG.........just because I (or you in this case) haven't seen it....doesn't mean it doesn't happen. You need to pay a little more attention to what times the 'blue bloods' are running.
Old 10-07-2007, 03:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

YOu guys are partially correct....the MAF and O2s do constantly make adjustments for the A/F pending what they read...however, that is only until you go past half throttle. Once that happens (OPEN loop), then the computer takes over...which is why tuning is done at WOT under a load. A car being hot or cold doesn't have anything ot do with tuning perimeters with open and closed loop. ALso, you need to remember that the MAF and O2s can only compensate for so much.

Think about it....by your guys' mentality, no tuning would be needed to adjust A/F because the MAf and O2s would take care of it.......and that just is not the truth.

Open and closed Loop depend on throttle position.

are you joking?
Old 10-07-2007, 04:33 AM
Banned

So you aren't ignorant to mustangs because you have had your *** handed to you by them??...that makes NO sense.

Ok...you posted an ignorant thing right there....You dont' own either, nor have ever owned either. Majority of hte members here (that aren't completely biased, like you), will admit that the Mach and an LS fbod ARE, indeed, a driver's race. To say it isn't on par...well, that's an ignorant statement. They both generally run (M5 vs. M6) low to mid 13s. How is that not on par?

I did do a search on your posts....and your right..I didn't find many ignorant statements. BECAUSE...there was so much 'mustangs are POS this and POS that' it was truely pathetic. ALL you do is talk **** on them, yet adding NO usable information about either car. CAUSE YOU DON"T HAVE ONE.
The two posts I did see that were ignorant were you stating a H/C C5 would walk a pullied cobra....really?....that is a pretty VAGUE statement..how do you know that? mild H/C or extreme?....medium sized pulley, or small?...I mean come on. The other one......you stated the GT500 is slow. Call me crazy, but a low 12 second car off the showroom is HARDLY slow..if that is the case..then C6's and C5Z's are SLOW. If you're going to talk **** about a car being slow...then you need to group all of them together.....well....I guess you would need to if you were such a bowtie leg humper.

Your ignorance is showed by your **** talking, in case you didn't catch that. As for you not wanting you around...I ahve seen just as many GM guys mention how much a pain in the *** you are, as there have been stang guys. BUT, you won't see that because you are so brand loyal is iconic to the blinded.

Finally - I admit that I have partaken my share of ruining this thread (which admitedly, I have done a few times). SO, if you wish to discuss this further.....take it to PM's.
Sorry to offend you bro, believe it or not I really do wanna get along with everyone. And yes getting beat by multiple mustangs has motivated me to learn about them, I do my research. I spend every waking moment of my life thinking and reading about cars, I know a lil more than you give me credit for. I have respect for them, I just dont like them, get over it! You feel the need to validate mustangs and I feel the need to validate f-bodies. Obviously we have drastically different views and interests but that doesnt mean we need to insult each other. Cool?
Old 10-07-2007, 05:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

are you joking?
Um....no, not really. Please tell me how I am wrong..and what I am missing. PM would be best..this thread has been killed enough. I just re-read my post..I can see how you can be confused.....I am not saying the MAF doesn't come into affect with tuning or open/closed loop...obviously it does...but the A/F ratio is not being controled by the MAF and O2's once you go into open loop.

DARN IT>>>>>PM.
Old 10-07-2007, 09:31 PM
Teching In

MAF is in use 100% of time whether open or closed loop. O2s are ignored during open loop which is when the EEC looks at the base fuel table.

You are correct about part-throttle starting open-loop. To be exact, it's at 555 AD Counts of 1023 or 54% throttle and greater. Also, there's a blending ramp up time and fixed WOT timer. Between the two, it explains why you see A/F on dyno runs a small factor of time where the car stays near stoich before it goes richer.

Tony

Quick Reply: WS6 vs. BPU supra TT & MACH1 VIDEO