Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Murdered by an Lexus LS460

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 02:36 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 88blackgt
ya i see where you said "stock vs. stock"

im not going to bother arguing w/ you anymore, as you cant come up w/ anything that resembles a rebuttal.

back on topic. op, sorry for hijacking the thread.
Good, I dont like arguing with fools anyways. Sorry to the OP also for messing your thread up.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:57 AM
Staging Lane

It could have been the newer hybrid version that makes 436hp and gobs of tourque. To the OP , did you see the rear trunklid badge? Did it have an "h" after it? Interesting that we now have fast hybrids running around.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:11 AM
Staging Lane

Two things that could have happened.

1. Something is wrong with his LS1.
2. The Lexus was modded......but this is unlikely. Is there anything even available for the Lexus anyways??

A car that traps 100mph (Lexus) is not going to pull hard on a car that at worst will trap 102mph (LS1).
Old 10-10-2007, 12:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Damn guys, I didn't post for an argument to erupt. It wasn't a race, I was driving and a guy in a Lexus flew by blowing my doors off. Initially I didn't take him seriously because, hey, it's a Lexus. Not until I went online did I realize how much HP and Torque that model has. Quite honestely, the lip and catback does not make that much extra power. It just shows that I have to stop procrastinating and start modding my car. Believe it or not, there are faster cars outside of the LS1 world and I'm sure that we call can testify to this because weekly, I'm positive that there's someone out there trying to challenge us.
Also, BigD, there's nothing wrong with my LS1 at all otherthan being Stock.
Geez!!!!!!!!!!!

And for the record, I'm stock because I'm still trying to decide if I want to mod it or wait and get either the new Challenger that's coming out or a used Z06. If I do upgrade, it doesn't make sense to mod it.

Last edited by Bklynstanger; 10-10-2007 at 12:53 PM. Reason: added an extra line.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:21 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Bklynstanger
Damn guys, I didn't post for an argument to erupt. It wasn't a race, I was driving and a guy in a Lexus flew by blowing my doors off. Initially I didn't take him seriously because, hey, it's a Lexus. Not until I went online did I realize how much HP and Torque that model has. Quite honestely, the lip and catback does not make that much extra power. It just shows that I have to stop procrastinating and start modding my car. Believe it or not, there are faster cars outside of the LS1 world and I'm sure that we call can testify to this because weekly, I'm positive that there's someone out there trying to challenge us.
Also, BigD, there's nothing wrong with my LS1 at all otherthan being Stock.
Geez!!!!!!!!!!!

And for the record, I'm stock because I'm still trying to decide if I want to mod it or wait and get either the new Challenger that's coming out or a used Z06. If I do upgrade, it doesn't make sense to mod it.
I didn't take your post as trying to start an arguement. Anyways, reading your original post, it looked like you tried to race the Lexus and he put buslengths on you. Based on that scenario, alot of people would find that hard to believe.

Anyways, no big deal. We all know that there are fast cars out there.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:59 PM
On The Tree

Odd that you lost, I agree. But I just realized, if that car costs as much as people in this thread are saying it does, I'm cracking up right now over how much better our Caddys are per dollar (and per everything else).
Old 10-11-2007, 09:52 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So was it a race or not? If not then i understand more now..
Old 10-11-2007, 11:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

It wasn't a race, it was, I'm assuming a guy in a fast luxury car, "racing" by and past me, blowing my doors off. By the time he was up on me, I couldn't catch up.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:34 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by capn smokey
Stock ls1s make 360-380fwhp,
Where in the world did you come up with that one?

Even 380fwhp minus a generous 15% drivetrain loss is 323rwhp on the dyno. Uh huh.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:40 AM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by IFRYRCE
Odd that you lost, I agree. But I just realized, if that car costs as much as people in this thread are saying it does, I'm cracking up right now over how much better our Caddys are per dollar (and per everything else).
What exactly do you mean by "better?" Cuz as an ultimate luxury car, Cadillac doesn't make anything that will touch a Lexus LS.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:56 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by slowmofo
I have been looking for time on this car and I agree with captn smokey.. Seems odd this guy rolled you so bad..

low 14's around 100 is what I have seen.

found this part of a article on a toyota forum
wierd loss, you should be puttin just about the same numbers to the motor with your bolt ons but hes heavy as f ck, was he s/c maybe. I know fat chance but there is a dude in town here with a 2000ish mercedes with an aftermarket supercharger...
Old 10-11-2007, 03:04 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
What exactly do you mean by "better?" Cuz as an ultimate luxury car, Cadillac doesn't make anything that will touch a Lexus LS.
Here we go again with the newbieish "Bluebloods" defending/worshipping/deifying the imports for a change.
WOW, how can all of you 'bloods' even stand to drive a domestic nameplate yourselves??

Bklynstanger; I would have chased down the uppity, smug, yuppiedrone **** in his f'ing TOYota barge and blasted his f'ing Nippon doors off!! Even if I had to downshift the A4 manually to do it (but I have an M6 with 4.10s and bolt ons, so the **** would've been DEAD against me, YES, EVEN modded, 88boy!)!! I DO NOT allow losses to TOYS, at least not ones like this.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Deuuuce
Where in the world did you come up with that one?

Even 380fwhp minus a generous 15% drivetrain loss is 323rwhp on the dyno. Uh huh.
Do you know what stock ls1s put down? Im guessing not cus 310-330whp is pretty routine for a m6, dont chime in unless you know what you are talking about.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:16 PM
Banned

The ls is badass car no doubt but a STS-V would be a direct competitor for the normal length LS. The Caddy will blow its doors off in a race, ride smoother, cost less, and has a much better warranty. Not trying to sound like an ignorant domestic owner cus I know Lexus builds a superb car, but if anything from Toyota is trickling down to Lexus then I bet their quality is slipping. GM on the other hand is getting better every day in the quality department, I read that J.D. powers coveted dependability award was taken from Lexus and shared with Buick.
Old 10-12-2007, 03:29 AM
***Repost Police***

GM is getting "better" quality, but that right there is saying that they haven't been up to snuff in the past few years. If you think an STS is there with a Lexus LS, you're on crack. You can't just compare horsepower... you have to compare the whole car. And the Lexus wins without a doubt. If you want to compare warranties, then doesn't Saturn win? And don't call me a "blueblood"

Last edited by Irunelevens; 10-12-2007 at 03:36 AM.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:04 AM
On The Tree

Default Lexus

I have a 1999 Jaguar XJR new costed 70K and I modded it!! And its fast..ran 13.3 in the 1/4 @106 and weighs 4000lbs-only 3rd run. When in sport mode and driving on the highway, I drop it into 2cd and before I know it I can be doing 110..I know because I got pulled over... You'll be surprized at what a "heavy" luxury car can do and as others said if it was the Hybrid one, then that car is amazing and really fast, I was surprized at the HP/TQ ratings and 0-60 times. But nothing beats the growl and the looks of a WS6-love it!
Old 10-12-2007, 10:26 AM
On The Tree

GM is getting "better" quality, but that right there is saying that they haven't been up to snuff in the past few years. If you think an STS is there with a Lexus LS, you're on crack. You can't just compare horsepower... you have to compare the whole car. And the Lexus wins without a doubt. If you want to compare warranties, then doesn't Saturn win? And don't call me a "blueblood"
You ever been in or driven an STS-V? Cause I have, and personal experience with both says it WHOOPS the Lexus hands-down. Especially the motor. http://www.gmperformanceparts.com/En...896&engCat=rpo

And yeah, sorry OP.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Oh man I bet thats a smooth ride. Seriously, the MSRP on the CTS-V is like 79k.. So it's right on par and slightly less expensive than the Lexus. I bet that's an amazing car. Aren't they supposed to be plopping the Ls7 into the 09'? I've seen a pic with that metallic orange, it's so sweet. Can you imagine that.. I'd rather have the Caddy.

Here's one article I just found real quick:

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...d=121130?imw=Y

Last edited by Finite1; 10-12-2007 at 10:44 AM.
Old 10-12-2007, 12:24 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by IFRYRCE
You ever been in or driven an STS-V? Cause I have, and personal experience with both says it WHOOPS the Lexus hands-down. Especially the motor. http://www.gmperformanceparts.com/En...896&engCat=rpo

And yeah, sorry OP.
And I'm 100% sure your opinion is not biased at all . Have you driven a new LS Hybrid?
Old 10-12-2007, 01:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Have you? Considering the LS 600h costs over $104,000 I'm willing to bet no. And i doubt you can compare that car to the Caddy's considering the price. Stop nuthugging Lexus. My last car was a lexus and it opened my eyes. 438hp 0-60 5.5 seconds in a hybrid is amazing impressive from a conservative newage standpoint, but damn man. Be realistic, it's over 100 grand for that. What can I buy for 100 grand?

Quick Reply: Murdered by an Lexus LS460