Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

94 formy vs. 98 c5

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 01:05 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 formy vs. 98 c5

Badass night. 2 dig races with my friends 98 C5 vette. Forest Preserve drive and cumberland for those in Illinois who know what I am talking about. It started off as just ******* around and doing donuts and burnouts on King Ave., and then we decided to race just for fun because I knew he would beat me. I had a 180lb passenger, and his passenger was 240lbs. My car mods are in sig, and I have no spare tire, almost bald street tires. His car is a targa top M6 with a Halltech intake, no catalytic converters, and Granatelli MAF.

Race one. Light turns green, he bogs, I am too busy looking for cops that I don't see the light. He jumps out to a half car while I punch it and start spinning. He then proceeds to pull about 3 cars on me up to 100 mph.

Race two. Light turns green. He bogs (forgot TCS was on), I spin almost side ways. I pull about a bumper length up to 65 in which he proceeds to put 1.5 cars on me back to 95.
He said himself they were clean races and that he didn't miss any gears. It was a damn good time, and I love the torque of my car off the line. I definitely need to mod up though. He has longtubes, catback, and 4.10s coming soon. I am shooting for a 3200 stall, moser 12 bolt with 3.70s, and then longtubes and ORY. My car feels so much better without the 100+ pounds of stereo ****. All in all a fun night with some friends. Next week we are going to do a burnout/donut video for my buddy Eric's film class at Depaul.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:20 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by GreenBlood
Badass night. 2 dig races with my friends 98 C5 vette. Forest Preserve drive and cumberland for those in Illinois who know what I am talking about. It started off as just ******* around and doing donuts and burnouts on King Ave., and then we decided to race just for fun because I knew he would beat me. I had a 180lb passenger, and his passenger was 240lbs. My car mods are in sig, and I have no spare tire, almost bald street tires. His car is a targa top M6 with a Halltech intake, no catalytic converters, and Granatelli MAF.

Race one. Light turns green, he bogs, I am too busy looking for cops that I don't see the light. He jumps out to a half car while I punch it and start spinning. He then proceeds to pull about 3 cars on me up to 100 mph.

Race two. Light turns green. He bogs (forgot TCS was on), I spin almost side ways. I pull about a bumper length up to 65 in which he proceeds to put 1.5 cars on me back to 95.
He said himself they were clean races and that he didn't miss any gears. It was a damn good time, and I love the torque of my car off the line. I definitely need to mod up though. He has longtubes, catback, and 4.10s coming soon. I am shooting for a 3200 stall, moser 12 bolt with 3.70s, and then longtubes and ORY. My car feels so much better without the 100+ pounds of stereo ****. All in all a fun night with some friends. Next week we are going to do a burnout/donut video for my buddy Eric's film class at Depaul.
sounds like you just need tires and you might have got a W. You ever ran it before?

Last edited by erickeown; 10-22-2007 at 06:31 AM.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:46 AM
TECH Addict

nah, this was the first time we've ever ran them...i know without passengers it would have been worse, but it was all in fun because we were bored. his top end destroyed me, but if I hook, I can get him off the line...
Old 10-22-2007, 07:01 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by GreenBlood
nah, this was the first time we've ever ran them...i know without passengers it would have been worse, but it was all in fun because we were bored. his top end destroyed me, but if I hook, I can get him off the line...
ever took it to the track?
Old 10-22-2007, 03:14 PM
TECH Addict

not yet, got the car in late august and so did he...i am gonna take it there in the spring, i work 7 days a week right now, so I don't have any time...
Old 10-24-2007, 12:09 AM
TECH Addict

the distance between us will probably continue to get greater because he is working on performance mods. I am getting my dent fixed, side molding removed, possible repaint, and then SFCs, Panhard, torque, tranny cooler, and stall...engine mods won't come until the summer...i might sneak some 3.73s and a tune in there...