Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

700rwhp supra vs LT1

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 01:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackMagicC5
Supras suck because they look and sound like rice. They are also glorified for being "supposedly" good at ricer racing. They hang out at the strip and run their mouths with their 900hp supra and pick on head/cam f-bodies from 60 rolls, and act like thats impressive when they come flying past 2 gears later. Then when a 900hp boosted viper rolls in, all the supras are nowhere to be found and the cameras turn off. Another thing they do is downplay all their numbers to make themselves look more impressive than they really are. Those are my experiences and opinions being around supra owners. I guess people aren't allowed to like only specific cars and dislike others? I have my reasons why I don't care for supras, like I just stated. That doesn't make me a "fanboy". A "fanboy" is someone who is specific to one car and hates all others for NO reason, but I'm sure you knew the difference since you throw the word around so much.
Wow, so because of Black Magic C5's experiences with Supras they all suck.

You're not a fanboy, just ignorant.

Now if you just said that that the majority of Supra owners whom you've met were ricers, THAT would be 100% yours.

Your own, obviously limited, experiences ALONE do not support the opinion "Supras suck."

You're still allowed to have it, and people are still allowed to dispute it since nobody's forced you to share it.

In fact, this entire post of yours is an exercise in stereotyping... You think your opinions can draw any respect when they're based so simple-mindedly?
Old 11-12-2007, 01:22 PM

yea its a 1980...its got potential i have only had the car for 2 weeks it need work....no not everybodys car is a piece of shyt but all i was trying to say was a supra is going to be faster then alot of cars...worded it wrong
Old 11-12-2007, 01:23 PM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by pgm41
yea i hear where ur coming from but yet most supras are very fast cars.......... no way im a fan of the old school muscle
well your initial comment is typical of what alot of supra fan boys think...by the way if you search this site you will find out that there are alot of 9 second f-bodies on here and some of them are NA by the way
Old 11-12-2007, 01:24 PM

well i wasnt trtying to hate on anybody i was just maming a point
Old 11-12-2007, 01:25 PM

i wasnt trying to hate on anyboy i was just trying to make a point
Old 11-12-2007, 01:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You failed.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:31 PM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Finite1
You failed.
i agree..to say most of them run 9's is definately an incorrect statement, If you actually go to the track most of these high horse supras aren't running anything close to 9's..that being said i still really like supras and if they weren't so expensive i would probably actually buy one and turn my camaro into more of a drag car.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:33 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BlackMagicC5
Supras suck because they look and sound like rice. They are also glorified for being "supposedly" good at ricer racing. They hang out at the strip and run their mouths with their 900hp supra and pick on head/cam f-bodies from 60 rolls, and act like thats impressive when they come flying past 2 gears later. Then when a 900hp boosted viper rolls in, all the supras are nowhere to be found and the cameras turn off. Another thing they do is downplay all their numbers to make themselves look more impressive than they really are. Those are my experiences and opinions being around supra owners. I guess people aren't allowed to like only specific cars and dislike others? I have my reasons why I don't care for supras, like I just stated. That doesn't make me a "fanboy". A "fanboy" is someone who is specific to one car and hates all others for NO reason, but I'm sure you knew the difference since you throw the word around so much.
funniest post I've read all day.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:04 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Finite1
I actually researched this awhile back to compare and I actually found .91 in one comparison, so seemed comparable to a C5 Corvette. However, the other day I found an edmunds review for the 1998 MKIV Supra and they pulled a .96 skidpad in their test. Then I went to look around, I found that Car&Driver rated a .98 on MKIV in 1994. Just my .02
Put the C5 on equal compound tires as the TOY and then see what happens.
Besides, skidpad numbers are just one small piece of overall handling, and not even the most important one at that.

Last edited by dailydriver; 11-12-2007 at 02:10 PM.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:28 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by dsmfan95
I just find so much ignorance in this post. If you like domestics, that is perfectly fine. I have nothing against them, I would even own one. But your "own country's companies" aren't really your own American companies.
So I guess that your Nippon Giant is an American company now that they've built a few "transplants" here??
Yes, they care soooo much more for U.S. than Japan now, right?
Keep drinking Japan, Inc.'s Kool Aid.
You can love your imports all you want. I personally want what is best for MY country, NOT Japan, Korea, Germany, or your f'ing "global economy".
Do you always label those that disagree with you as "ignorant" for their beliefs?? You must get into A LOT of fights with religious people.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bboyferal
Wow, so because of Black Magic C5's experiences with Supras they all suck.

You're not a fanboy, just ignorant.

Now if you just said that that the majority of Supra owners whom you've met were ricers, THAT would be 100% yours.

Your own, obviously limited, experiences ALONE do not support the opinion "Supras suck."

You're still allowed to have it, and people are still allowed to dispute it since nobody's forced you to share it.

In fact, this entire post of yours is an exercise in stereotyping... You think your opinions can draw any respect when they're based so simple-mindedly?
I thought I made it clear that I was basing MY OPINION on MY EXPERIENCES. Obviously yours may differ. What is there to dispute? Don't waste your time, you aren't changing my mind. Supras dont do anything for me. I dont care for their sound, style, or overall existance. I'm sure plenty of people feel the same way about domestics. Big deal. Get over it. I will say this to domestic bashers: Get the **** out of this country if you hate our cars and love imports. Move to Japan or something. American cars and American muscle is a part of this countries heritage. It's ok if American cars aren't your choice of vehicle, but I can't stand people who actually bash them and say American cars suck. I think those people are ******* ******* and should get the hell out if they can't at least appreciate what this country has to offer. (not directed at bboyferal)
Old 11-12-2007, 02:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dailydriver
Besides, skidpad numbers are just one small piece of overall handling, and not even the most important one at that.
That would be an assumption by you. They were stock cars when tested. I'd have to go read more to find out what tires were used, but since these are magazine/auto review I'd guess the same thing you could have bought at the dealer. Whatever the case I was clearing some misinformation since I had looked into it previously. What is the most important aspect of overall handling (Not braking or other performance) during auto testing if I may ask, their slalom was high also? I don't have record of a Supra in the Nurburgring or somthing to comepare side by side. Interestingly high horsepower supras have gone 1.0+ on the skidpad.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:49 PM
Teching In

So I guess that your Nippon Giant is an American company now that they've built a few "transplants" here??
Yes, they care soooo much more for U.S. than Japan now, right?
Keep drinking Japan, Inc.'s Kool Aid.
You can love your imports all you want. I personally want what is best for MY country, NOT Japan, Korea, Germany, or your f'ing "global economy".
Do you always label those that disagree with you as "ignorant" for their beliefs?? You must get into A LOT of fights with religious people.
Most Japanese based companies have plants in America now. How is that not supporting the US economy? There are plenty of European manufacturers in the states as well. They are building a Toyota plant about an hour away from me. If you want to support YOUR country, then you should convert your car over to E85. That way you're not supporting the middle east by using their oil.

I am engineer for a Japanese owned company that makes car parts for GM and Ford. You'd be amazed at how many parts on your "domestic" aren't made in the states.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Most Japanese based companies have plants in America now. How is that not supporting the US economy? There are plenty of European manufacturers in the states as well. They are building a Toyota plant about an hour away from me. If you want to support YOUR country, then you should convert your car over to E85. That way you're not supporting the middle east by using their oil.

I am engineer for a Japanese owned company that makes car parts for GM and Ford. You'd be amazed at how many parts on your "domestic" aren't made in the states.
It's the principle of the whole thing. They wouldnt be opening plants here and getting rich off it if people weren't buying it.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

TQ wins 1/4, HP wins rolls

HP is over glorified.

thats why 700 rwhp import cars cant run single digits.

funny someone gets some old import slaps on a T-1million gigawatts PSI turbo on their

makes 700 hp and will loose to a heavier less HP car in the 1/4 ill take a 600hp/600tq
over a 700hp/400tq car lol.

and you cant say gears can overcome that. because then the Roll racers would have give up their tall gearing for top speed runs.

i can just see it now some ricer with a honda civic. boosting 300rwhp and like 120tq 4.10 gears saying let go from a 70 roll.....
Old 11-12-2007, 03:43 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by GXPPOWER
TQ wins 1/4, HP wins rolls

I love this forum. Guess I better ditch my 10 sec "no torque" car and go get a semi (they make lots o' torque, ya know).
Old 11-12-2007, 03:44 PM
Teching In

hmmm one would think that the OEM tires on the Supra in 1993 would be a teeny bit worse than the OEM tires on the vette in 97.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:01 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by earl3
hmmm one would think that the OEM tires on the Supra in 1993 would be a teeny bit worse than the OEM tires on the vette in 97.
NOT in compound they weren't. And a stickier, higher wearing compound is what (mostly) makes for high skidpad g numbers. The Vettes, (runflats or not) always had harder, less sticky, longer wearing rubber OEM, off the showroom floor, than the hi-po imports (even including the current Z06!).
Old 11-12-2007, 04:07 PM
12 Second Club

Still more real domestic content (U.S. based, owned,sourced, and operated) than your import (which I don't need to put in quotes since it was not even "screwed together" here in a transplant, just as the Poopras were not).
Old 11-12-2007, 04:10 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by GXPPOWER
and you cant say gears can overcome that. because then the Roll racers would have give up their tall gearing for top speed runs.

i can just see it now some ricer with a honda civic. boosting 300rwhp and like 120tq 4.10 gears saying let go from a 70 roll.....
My Integra had 4.40 gearing stock... with the factory redline (which can be raised easily) the car would be gear-limited to around 160mph. That's still plenty of time to go from a 70mph roll. And a 300whp 1.6 or 1.8 would have more torque than 120lb/ft. I am assuming what you said was an intentional exaggeration, but I was just clarifying for those that might not know that.

Quick Reply: 700rwhp supra vs LT1