Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2000 cammed Z28 vs GT500 Cobra

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 11:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL, that's not the same article you showed before.

And can you compare two cars without considering price? And with those can you compare one at retail?
Old 11-13-2007, 11:43 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
LOL, that's not the same article you showed before.
And can you compare two cars without considering price? And with those can you compare one at retail?
I know.

Like I said, it's a matter of opinion if the GT500 is "a better car" than the 03/04 cobra. I just think the GT500 deserves a little more respect when considered at suggested retail without the dealer "market adjustment". If it were lighter, it would be heads and shoulders above the terminator. If...the the queen had ***** she'd be king.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:45 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by blackhawk_02
are you a retard? i was talking about tim00ls1 racing him, not me, my car is pretty much stock and probably would only get a 13.2-13.4 on street tires. i know i would get beat. try and read the post right next time before you throw up this stupid comeback.
I see you where warned already for being an ***!! You talked smack and you got punked. I own a LSX car myself that will smoke both your slow *** cars.. If your gonna act like a little child I will treat you like one.. Now go in your room and don't come out until you learn how to talk to adults!!!!!
Old 11-13-2007, 11:49 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Tim00ls1
So just got my car dyno tuned on Sat. 11/10/07 put down 376hp. So had to go out and find some races. What do we come accross but a brand new $67,000 waste of money. He was pumping gas so we pulled into the parking lot and waited. We followed him out when he was done, pulled along side and went at it from second gear at about 40mph. He got on it first and then I pulled him like 1 1/2 cars just in second and then he let off. what a pile. Later that day smoked a SRT8 charger that claimed 12.9 in the 1/4. By how bad I smoked him I doubt it. Sorry no videos.
Yeah, cocky are we?

You said: "we come accross" , so ill assume you had at least 1 passenger. No way did your gimped cammed 376hp Z28 with a passenger pull 1 1/2 "just in second". FYI the 67,000 waste of money wasnt racing.

You could have brought this kill story about a little more intelligently. Nobody would have cared, but your out to stir ****. I dont doubt your kills, but please dont exaggerate.

Good kills, please grow up.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:51 AM
Launching!

i was warned already? by who? wow. when have i talked smack and got punked? who cares. it seems you are being quite childish yourself, fighting on the internet???? oh wait, noooooo, thats not childish at all.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:51 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by navyblueSS
What difference does it make the GT500 got beat. End of story. Congrats to the OP.

What I was referring to is that Tim said that you can't compare a stock car to a modified one in his #33 post but then he said what a pile this stock mustang was but his is modded. Kinda contradictory. I could give 2 ***** on what he raced/won. -Mark
Old 11-13-2007, 11:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

GOOD KILL!
Old 11-13-2007, 12:01 PM
***Repost Police***

the best anyone has ever got that thing to run is 12.8 stock u show me something that shows different then maybe I will believe you. Just so you all know I use to work at a Ford dealership working on these cars and they are not impressive at all. Plus that car is limited from the factory at 155mph. I have taken my car to 168mph on a GPS. That was before I had the cam and LT's.
Maybe Ford should stop making their cars so heavy, then they might have a fast car. Even the Ford GT is a joke $200,000 for what, low 12's? The best that car has hit is 11.8, WOW. The Zo6 is way more impressive for only about $70,000. I've seen a stock Zo6 on drags run 10.8. Especially the new one comming out everyone is done. 700hp supercharged LQ9. And thats only going to be around $100,000. They say 0-60 in low three seconds. That is rediculous for rear wheel drive. Its going to be in league with the Enzo and the Carrera GT. and still cost less. Oh yeah and still get 25+ mpg.

And remeber this is coming from a previous Mustang owner. But not anymore. I will never buy another ford again. You Mustang guys should do your Homework I did and I went with the better car.
For one, your little lazy ignorant *** can look up the information yourself... it's everywhere. And for two, I highly doubt you either saw Ranger's Z06 run it's best time (10.85 @ 129.50mph) on drag radials, OR saw somebody run a better time.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:13 PM
10 Second Club

i was warned already? by who? wow. when have i talked smack and got punked? who cares. it seems you are being quite childish yourself, fighting on the internet???? oh wait, noooooo, thats not childish at all.
I fine you cry to much!!! It's time to grow up now little girl.. You started talking smack to Stopsign who I know.. Then you jump on my *** because I say your car wasn't as fast as his.. Don't act like an angle now..
Old 11-13-2007, 12:27 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
For one, your little lazy ignorant *** can look up the information yourself... it's everywhere. And for two, I highly doubt you either saw Ranger's Z06 run it's best time (10.85 @ 129.50mph) on drag radials, OR saw somebody run a better time.
Yea. Homer flew in from CA to watch Ranger's record pass @ MIR! dohhh...I think he just got a--->

Old 11-13-2007, 12:29 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by odarabla
I fine you cry to much!!! It's time to grow up now little girl.. You started talking smack to Stopsign who I know.. Then you jump on my *** because I say your car wasn't as fast as his.. Don't act like an angle now..
I have only one comment. Learn how to spell. I think you meant to say, "angel". It's ok though, we all know you failed spelling in elementary school.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:39 PM
Restricted User

Nice Kills....
Old 11-13-2007, 12:46 PM
TECH Addict

Not to just ignore the kill story(sounded fun)...
the best anyone has ever got that thing to run is 12.8 stock u show me something that shows different then maybe I will believe you.
Just so you all know I use to work at a Ford dealership working on these cars and they are not impressive at all. Plus that car is limited from the factory at 155mph. I have taken my car to 168mph on a GPS. That was before I had the cam and LT's.
Maybe Ford should stop making their cars so heavy, then they might have a fast car. Even the Ford GT is a joke $200,000 for what, low 12's? The best that car has hit is 11.8, WOW. The Zo6 is way more impressive for only about $70,000. I've seen a stock Zo6 on drags run 10.8. Especially the new one comming out everyone is done. 700hp supercharged LQ9. And thats only going to be around $100,000. They say 0-60 in low three seconds. That is rediculous for rear wheel drive. Its going to be in league with the Enzo and the Carrera GT. and still cost less. Oh yeah and still get 25+ mpg.

And remeber this is coming from a previous Mustang owner. But not anymore. I will never buy another ford again. You Mustang guys should do your Homework I did and I went with the better car.
The GT stickers for about $150,000, not 200K... And they've been noted deep in the 11's when stock, not just 12's. For a former Ford employee, one must wonder what you were seeing.

And why is it that when people mention the GT, they seem to always thrown the price out there and almost always get it wrong by thousands of dollars? And then, why is it that the ZO6 is also mentioned, and that price is usually incorrect as well, but written as lower than retail? The standard ZO6 is easy to find... $70,000.00 before tax, tag, title, dealer fees, dealer markup and of course, options or delivery fees? If one pays sticker plus delivery for a new ZO6, he/she won't be leaving for $70,000 in all likelihood, unless it's in handcuffs.

The 700hp Vette to come will be awesome, but don't count on it being the end all, as it too will face the issues the GT500 faces, with a very much heavier frontal weight. Good thing it's a Corvette and will still be able to gain speed on a whim with it's excellent design. I expect the price to be closer to $125,000 though.

I don't believe the current ZO6 averages 25+mpg(highway) and it's not even close when adding city averages. I really don't think the S/C'd version will either.

As for "the better car," that's purely your opinion. GM apparently doesn't agree and that's why they're using older ques for the next model Camaro, which should be a far cry from the past. We all know the standard gripes of the 4th gen. as they're basically chronicled right here. They rattle and so forth as much as the Mustang of their era and I think the two are about equal overall. They each have advantages and disadvantages. A stock 4th gen Z/28 will certainly run with any SN95 Mustang except the Cobra R in 2000 and the 2003/4 model, both of which outperform the Z in basically all aspects. They both cost more too...
I know you can make any car fast. Im talking about a stock car not a modified car with nitrous. It doesnt matter though cuz all the mustang guys will always say the exact same thing every time. But thats ok the chevy guys know.
You're not talking stock though, as yours is modified.

I still think the nearly 4,000 lb GT500 is overpriced and slow for a 5.4L supercharged car, but with few mods, these can and do run 10's. Plus, giving those Mustang guys credit, I think there are quicker Mustangs on the track than Camaro's. In the end, a drag racer is looking for lower ET's.

Congratulations on your win, but why try to trash another car just because you outran it? For all we know, it wasn't even racing, considering you mentioned only 2nd gear. Looks more like you want some right of passage than to have fun.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:09 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 88blackgt
you can make any car fast, but the gt500 needs hardly anything to be in the single digits. takes most other cars a lot more to get into the 9s. any car can be made fast, but some cars take to mods better than others. not sure why im even bothering to answer you, you dont have a clue.
counter point - bone stock ls7 vette with slicks and a small shot (small shot = 75 to 100) will get into the 9s EASILY for less than 1k. hell, they run tens off the show room floor with slicks. substitute bolt ons for the shot if you like, same result.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SS101
counter point - bone stock ls7 vette with slicks and a small shot (small shot = 75 to 100) will get into the 9s EASILY for less than 1k. hell, they run tens off the show room floor with slicks. substitute bolt ons for the shot if you like, same result.
yes they do. what i said wasnt a comment on the z06, just a response to everyone who said the gt500 is a slow POS. at MSRP, they would be a great value. msrp is around 45k. add some bolt ons and you've easily got a 9 second car for under 50k. hell with a whipple and bap theyre at 800hp.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:32 PM
11 Second Club

The Shelby SuperSnake is more hp than the GT500 but can only run 12.5's for the magazines, which means someone will get it into the low 12's at the track bone stock. A bone stock 06 A6(auto) Corvette(not Z06) ran 12.2's. Thats not even taking into account what the new LS3 may still be able to do at the track with the 36 more HP. Dollar for performance, the best deal is a base C6 vette...thats it. The mustang may go in a straight line, but you gotta turn sometime, and just to let you guys know my opinion on Mustangs, as I've raced for the better part of years on this planet, the Cobras from a few years ago are heads and shoulders above the GT500s. That is one POS car. A guy here in town has one and "washed" part of his blue stripe off by accident....it just diluted while he was using car soap and a microfiber sponge...the blue actually stained a little bit of white around the area as well. And talk about BS interior thats set up for the boy-racer x-box competitor....this thing would be great for 12 year olds.....sheesh...ya gots to grow up sometime....
Old 11-13-2007, 01:34 PM
***Repost Police***

I would shy away from criticizing the Mustang's quality and interior too harshly, considering the vast majority of people here have F-bodies...
Old 11-13-2007, 02:01 PM
10 Second Club

I have only one comment. Learn how to spell. I think you meant to say, "angel". It's ok though, we all know you failed spelling in elementary school.
O.K. there Einstien, thanks for the English lesson!! Again, was that the best you could come back with? Somebody get some water because this turd is dry!! HAHAHAHAHA Boy, some kids never learn!!
Old 11-13-2007, 02:24 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Evilways
The Shelby SuperSnake is more hp than the GT500 but can only run 12.5's for the magazines, which means someone will get it into the low 12's at the track bone stock. at for 12 year olds.....sheesh...ya gots to grow up sometime....
Can you provide a link or Mag with issue? Pretty wierd that the GT500 has gone 12.2-12.5 with mags but "the magazines" can only muster 12.5s with more HP, more handling etc. etc.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:28 PM
11 Second Club

alright guys lets settle down a bit, maybe a couple notches., i will agree that my friends post was quite cocky and was aimed at stirring up ****, no doubt, but the facts still remain, that my buddy and i were waiting for this car to come out of the gas station to get a run on him,

we followed him, i was in my 02ss and he was in his z,

they finally got a good stretch of road to let loose, i was behind them and i wish i had my camera but he did hes got in on film its just kinda hard to see anyways, when they started to race, it was obvious that my buddy pulled this gt500 and didnt stop, it was pretty funny i do admit,

shortly after i got my turn and smoked this srt charger in my stock ss, that was fun as well,

alright guys i hope that we can stop the immature name calling and acting like a bunch of little internet racers, becasue the fact is none of you were there, period, and call it what you want, either the other guy doesnt know how to drive or what the fact is my buddys car pulled the gt500,

and to be honest this isnt the first 500 thats bitten the dust by a camaro and wont be the last,

i just want everyone to remember that this was a street race, and anything is possible