Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2000 cammed Z28 vs GT500 Cobra

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 08:14 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

stock for stock a base model V8 mustang will lose to a base model V8 camaro/firebird everytime. it's been proven before and on a daily basis it's proven somewhere. here would be a good challenge, take a 00 GT and a 00 Z28 and give them both H/C/I/E and see what they'd run with no nitrous then with nitrous, since alot of mustang owners seem to need it . . . . my money would be on that Z28 the whole time. then for ***** and giggles put a new GT500 on an autoX course with a 00-02 SS and see what happens . . . i'll even go up against a new GT500 on an autoX course in my SS. i'll film it and put it on here just so everyone can laugh at that mistake of a car and realize if they already don't it's only good for a straight line. yeah a GT500 would beat me in a 1/4 and also on a street race, but on an autoX i would hand him his ***. as soon as any sharp turns came up in an autoX oh he'd be screwed. some people care more about how fast they can go in a straight line, others actually like goin down windy hills or through a slalom without having to slow down to half the speed they were goin.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:20 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by It'llrun
Then there's this...

Get a clue! The list of Mustangs that will outrun your car is longer than your memory. For starters, there were the 1995 and 2000 Cobra R versions, either of which would have ZERO trouble whippin' you like the schoolboy
the only comparison to those would be a 1le but GM never supercharged the 1le's so really you can't compare those to a stock N/A camaro
Evidently you don't really know what you're talking about. The odds of any LS1 engined car seeing precisely 630rwhp are difficult enough, but those odds are hard to imagine when ONLY adding a supercharger. That's actually IMPOSSIBLE for me to believe. I just can't do it... I tried... Can't.
pete's Z06 QUICKZ06 is making 750RWHP . . . but then again it's a fully built 346 with a nice little boost

oddly enough i do feel alittle dumber for participating in this thread
Old 11-13-2007, 08:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't feel so great. There are Mustangs out there, FACTORY STOCK, which can outrun your stock F-body on the drag strip. Believe it or not, that's reality. You DON'T happen to have the greatest car ever, afterall. And you're making yourself look foolish to boot.

Not only that, we'll soon start seeing comments from folks about how they feel "stupider" for having read this dribble. Give it a break. As compared to many others, your car still sucks. Such is life.

Then there's this...

Get a clue! The list of Mustangs that will outrun your car is longer than your memory. For starters, there were the 1995 and 2000 Cobra R versions, either of which would have ZERO trouble whippin' you like the schoolboy you look like!

You're like your friend... The both of you... Get that ***** enlargement!!!

PLEASE STOP!!! I implore you!!!

Evidently you don't really know what you're talking about. The odds of any LS1 engined car seeing precisely 630rwhp are difficult enough, but those odds are hard to imagine when ONLY adding a supercharger. That's actually IMPOSSIBLE for me to believe. I just can't do it... I tried... Can't.

My friend with a 2001 Firehawk(10th Ann Edition) added "just a Procharger" to his car... Yeah, except the gear change, the new exhaust, the dyno tuning... He made ALMOST 515rwhp at 9psi before detonation was scary bad(LS1edit wasn't available yet). SIX 30? with ONLY a Procharger? NOWAY!
first of all you are a dumbass. second I saw it at UTI ont the ******* dyno. So go choke on a huge dick you ******* ***.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:03 PM
Staging Lane

theres a thread a guy posted about being killed by a pulsar, so its really not that spectacular to read the sparse thread about a dead stock gt500.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:04 PM
Teching In

i cant find a link but i have the mag article from 5.0 Mustangs on the GT500 vs cobra.

base line whp for the 07 GT500 is 449.1rwhp@5800rpm and 458.9 torque@3700rpms.
that was stock. then they modded it with the following:
PHP GT 500 highflow air box/filter, Bassani high flow cats, magnaflow cat back, PHP 2.6 inch GT500 blower pully making 13.5 psi, PHP ported tb inlet, PHP shifter bushing, php/Metco adjustable third link and rear lower control arms, PHP/SCT tune.
with that they made 582.2rwhp@6100rpm and 568.3 torque @4600rpm. with that and a set of 275/40x17 M/T ET streets they did 11.36@124.35mph and claimed "it aint got enough tire" and then went on to say and i quote: "It was obvious a GT500 with minimal bolt-ons launching with a decent set of slicks would easily be a 10-second performer."
Old 11-13-2007, 09:10 PM
11 Second Club

Don't feel so great. There are Mustangs out there, FACTORY STOCK, which can outrun your stock F-body on the drag strip. Believe it or not, that's reality. You DON'T happen to have the greatest car ever, afterall. And you're making yourself look foolish to boot.

Not only that, we'll soon start seeing comments from folks about how they feel "stupider" for having read this dribble. Give it a break. As compared to many others, your car still sucks. Such is life.

Then there's this...

Get a clue! The list of Mustangs that will outrun your car is longer than your memory. For starters, there were the 1995 and 2000 Cobra R versions, either of which would have ZERO trouble whippin' you like the schoolboy you look like!

You're like your friend... The both of you... Get that ***** enlargement!!!

PLEASE STOP!!! I implore you!!!

My friend with a 2001 Firehawk(10th Ann Edition) added "just a Procharger" to his car... Yeah, except the gear change, the new exhaust, the dyno tuning... He made ALMOST 515rwhp at 9psi before detonation was scary bad(LS1edit wasn't available yet). SIX 30? with ONLY a Procharger? NOWAY!

your should do all your homework before you start claiming that these cars run faster then mine,

hmm a 95 runs a 13.8 and a 00 pulls it off in a 12.88

so your halfway right, a 00 will beat my car,

congrats you found one, kinda pissed but what you gonna do ,

im done with this ****, its getting nowhere and a huge waste of my time to internet race,
Old 11-13-2007, 09:45 PM
Teching In

i have yet seen someone break into the 12's with a stock 00+ fbody. i know its possible but not everyone has that driver mod. i have seen a bone stock 03 cobra run a 12.4 on slicks and 12.7 on street tires though.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:49 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Tim00ls1
I have no clue? I have seen with my own ******* eyes a 02 Trans am with nothing but a procharger put down 630hp to the ******* wheels. So shut the **** up. I dont know what Im talking about? please.

then you must need ****** glasses, ive been around more buiilt ls1s than you have looked at on the internet you ****** tool, i know what they make with what mods, and what they dont. and tryin to tell me to shut the **** over the internet, i hate little punk *** internet thugs like you, who have a zipped mouth in person. go suck your b/fs dick and leave the real car talk to us men!
Old 11-13-2007, 10:15 PM
Teching In

i want to see an 02 t/a make 630rwhp with nothing but a procharger. i need proof of that.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:25 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by brian06eleanor
then you must need ****** glasses, ive been around more buiilt ls1s than you have looked at on the internet you ****** tool, i know what they make with what mods, and what they dont. and tryin to tell me to shut the **** over the internet, i hate little punk *** internet thugs like you, who have a zipped mouth in person. go suck your b/fs dick and leave the real car talk to us men!
whatever I know what i saw you guys are all ******* retarded Im done wasting my time with you ****.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:30 PM
TECH Regular

I beat a GT500 (Stock) with my TR230 with bolt ons. I know it was stock because I talked to him after we raced. My ls1 is in a thrid gen T/A. At the time I had 2.73s and the t56, (I ran out of cash after the ls1 swap), and I was running out of fuel at 5k because I was using the stock TPI fuel pump.

Anyway, he got the jump and about a car, then I reeled him in. I was pretty impressed that the heavy GT500 jump as well as it did.

As far as over priced? Thats what happens when a car is in high demand with low production numbers. DUH!

As far as the person who said a Ford GT is a overpriced piece of crap, you are a retard. I hate to say it, but the Z06 is still a Corvette (badass one at that) and the Ford GT is a domestic exotic.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:18 PM
Launching!

You are a retard. I had a friend in Louisiana, with a white 2000 Z28, auto, t-tops, gutted interior, slicks, bolt ons, cam, blah blah and NATURALLY ASPIRATED (for you idiots, that means no forced induction, i.e. supercharger, turbo, w/e) that put down 6XXrwhp. But what do i know right? i only drive an Ls1 car. man im stupid.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:21 PM
12 Second Club

down time......
Old 11-13-2007, 11:24 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by camarojunky74
i thought we were talking about production cars here not top alcohol dragsters, big difference,,,

lol i too think its funny when ford cant come up with a n/a engine to hang with gm and when they try they end up with the pos 16v 4.6l, comical, actuallly its ******* hilarious, despite gm having made more power n/a, they top it off with killing ford in gas mileage,,

i cant count how many mustakes my stock camaro has smoked,

blowers, slicks, cams, whatever, im not saying i have never lost, but my stock 02 has ******* destroyed heavily modded mustangs,

just last week at the track an 05 gt, under drive pulleys, x pipe cat back computer tune and mt slicks, not drag radials ****** slicks,,

i pulled him by two cars every time, oh and here is the best part, the last race of the night his second gear went out,

so after my stock "craparo" beat his modded gt, i drove my car home at the end of the night,

so all you ford dick suckers in here, suck on this

oh except for termy's those are the only stang worth buying or driving,

lol and they only made them two years, i guess ford just wants to suck on purpose i swear lol
You sound so comical and bitter... if the F-body was SO much better than the Mustang (I'm not gonna lie and say I wouldn't much rather have a WS6 than my car), it might have been able to sell more than 25% of what the Mustang sold. And that's the Camaro and Firebird put together, by the way. And if you're "destroying highly modded" Mustangs, you might just think they're highly modded. Or they have the shittest driver ever. Hell, a bolt-on/geared Mach 1 would drag you. My friend's V6 with 5k in it would drag you. Don't get so damn cocky
Old 11-13-2007, 11:25 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by blackhawk_02
You are a retard. I had a friend in Louisiana, with a white 2000 Z28, auto, t-tops, gutted interior, slicks, bolt ons, cam, blah blah and NATURALLY ASPIRATED (for you idiots, that means no forced induction, i.e. supercharger, turbo, w/e) that put down 6XXrwhp. But what do i know right? i only drive an Ls1 car. man im stupid.
There is absolutely NO ******* WAY he made over 600rwhp on the stock internals, naturally aspirated. It would need so much work, it's ridiculous. The argument was that an LS1 could not make over 600rwhp with JUST a supercharger... it would need a new rotating assembly and ported heads/cam minimum, from what I've seen.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:26 PM
Launching!

Mustangs sold more cause 16 year old girls love getting that for a sweet 16 present. Duh!
Old 11-13-2007, 11:28 PM
Launching!

ok, ive only seen it with my own eyes. low-mid 10's. unless you count nitrous as naturally aspirated.. lol, i forgot to mention that.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:31 PM
***Repost Police***

Mustangs sold more cause 16 year old girls love getting that for a sweet 16 present. Duh!
Yeah... and my point was that for all its extra power, it still didn't mean much to most people. So it might just be "hanging with" a stock LS1 5 years after it stopped production, but isn't that more of a testament to the LS1's engineering than a reason to dog out the Mustang? A 281ci motor making 500hp from the factory, supercharged or not, is pretty damn good. You gotta remember the VAST majority of people aren't obsessed with tenths of a second.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:31 PM
***Repost Police***

ok, ive only seen it with my own eyes. low-mid 10's. unless you count nitrous as naturally aspirated.. lol, i forgot to mention that.
You forgot to mention it was running nitrous? Yeah... that's definitely NOT N/A.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:34 PM
Launching!

you just said a 281ci motor making 500hp from is the factory isnt bad, but its supercharged. 07 z06 makes 505hp from a 427?ci motor, naturally aspirated. whats your point?