Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2000 cammed Z28 vs GT500 Cobra

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 08:59 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What does cereal have to do with a procharged 02 T/A?
Old 11-14-2007, 10:03 AM
Staging Lane

I don't see why its so hard to believe that a stock ls1 could make 630whp for a little while. Maybe I'm a newb but if you can make an ls1 see over 500whp why not over six? I say a good tune and the right head unit it could be done, but I'm just naturally a happy go lucky type of sombitch.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:10 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by King Nothing
the only comparison to those would be a 1le but GM never supercharged the 1le's so really you can't compare those to a stock N/A camaro
I was merely pointing out the obvious. He claimed no N/A Mustang could outrun his stock Camaro and that he hasn't been beaten by any N/A Mustang. I wasn't trying to compare anything, just making a point.
pete's Z06 QUICKZ06 is making 750RWHP . . . but then again it's a fully built 346 with a nice little boost
Exactly! The claim Tim made was that he actually saw an LS1 with ONLY a Procharger(@8psi boost) make 630rwhp. No other mods at all... That's just a silly lie or an ignorant comment from someone who has positively no clue what he's talking about. It seems clear to most of us, with no other modifications, that engine would blow up long before 630rwhp because it would have severe detonation well under 600rwhp.

oddly enough i do feel alittle dumber for participating in this thread
Can't blame ya there!

Originally Posted by camarojunky74
oh so glad im on your list,,, let me get my point across just for justification,

wait lets see here, a mach 1 has um,,, yeah twice as many valves as an ls1, and no pushrods, i bet that all 1.1 more cubes and ls1 has is the reason this engine is,,,

a, more reliable
b. more efficient
c. cheaper

okay have i gotten my point across yet??
Not really. Heck, I had to read that twice before I could figure out what you were attempting to write.
why would gm wanna build a 4.6l over head cam motor, thats just stupid, gm has stuck to being traditional in a sense when stickin to 16v pushrod motor, well it has worked for decades, and its kinda like, why fix whats not broken.
Well don't look now... GM does make a 4.6L OHC. It's actually a DOHC and they've made it for well over a decade now. Look into it.

im not a complete idiot just extremely biased,

and the point about my ls1 car beating highly modded stangs, i dont understand what your reasoning is behind your judgment,
You're a bit of both... You don't know squat about GM from the looks. You claim to have never lost to any N/A Mustang, yet we know there are literally hundreds of thousands of them which run quicker than 13's... You've just never raced them apparently.

although i did say that there is NO ford that is NA and stock that could beat mine, and well i had to eat my words cause i found out that i was wrong, it happens i learn from it,

i kinda forgot what we were arguin about again?
You'll eat your words many times at the rate you're going. No N/A Mustang could beat you, no 4.6L from GM, etc... You're lost, just like your friend who claims he's seen 630rwhp from an otherwise FACTORY STOCK LS1 powered F-body with only a Procharger with 8psi boost.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:18 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by GMLIFER
I don't see why its so hard to believe that a stock ls1 could make 630whp for a little while. Maybe I'm a newb but if you can make an ls1 see over 500whp why not over six? I say a good tune and the right head unit it could be done, but I'm just naturally a happy go lucky type of sombitch.
The making of such hp isn't the problem. It's the "how" that makes it a problem. Adding just a supercharger without tuning and without making other modifications to adjust timing and fuel is like adding a bomb on an engine designed to run without a power adder. The compression ratio of the engine is high enough that adding much boost requires thought. 8psi boost wouldn't likely get close to 600rwhp. As I found in early 2002, when a friend of mine who got a brand new Firehawk, added a Procharger. At 10psi, he made over 500rwhp, but the detonation was so bad, he backed it down to save the engine because LS1 Edit wasn't available yet. There was no way to properly control the timing and fuel curve. With that, other things are needed, not just a supercharger at 8psi, or even more.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:22 AM
Staging Lane

I know the gt500 is not that good of a car stock, and yeah it is heavy, and not very aerodynamic. But as a drag car, it really is a beast once you open it up. They took a stock one and dynoed it, it dynoed something like 420 hp, and after ONLY a CAI, TB, Full exhaust, a pulley, and a tune it came out to something like 540 hp. In the next 5.0 and fast ford issue they took a BONE STOCK gt500, and added the new 3.4 liter Whipple to it, and on race gas and 16 psi it made over 700 hp, that's with NO MODS what so ever, just the supercharger. That supercharger is capable of 1200+ hp, and holding 30 psi continuous, imagine the gt500 with biggers heads/cams, and maybe a ported intake, running a solid 25 psi with full bolt-ons? 850+ easily, so don't hate on it. It's just like the 03-04 cobras, my friend has one with an x-pipe/catback, cai, ported blower, all idlers, running 21 psi, and a dyno tune and put down 515 hp, and 666 on the juice after the injectors and fuel pump of course. That 666 hp, is on completely stock motor too, heads, cam, intake, bottom end. Congrats on the kill.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:27 AM
TECH Addict

The power capability of the supercharged 5.4L is one thing. Just as the 4.6L, it can make huge numbers with minimal effort(unopened block). However, the GT500 is so heavy and the weight distribution is so poor for drag racing, the car suffers immensely overall.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:35 AM
On The Tree

maybe you forgot the STOCK part you stupid ****.
i dont care about strokers right now, i was referring to stock na stangs beating my stock 02, guess you came up short again, typical ford retard
stock sucks
Old 11-14-2007, 10:45 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by It'llrun
I was merely pointing out the obvious. He claimed no N/A Mustang could outrun his stock Camaro and that he hasn't been beaten by any N/A Mustang. I wasn't trying to compare anything, just making a point.
Exactly! The claim Tim made was that he actually saw an LS1 with ONLY a Procharger(@8psi boost) make 630rwhp. No other mods at all... That's just a silly lie or an ignorant comment from someone who has positively no clue what he's talking about. It seems clear to most of us, with no other modifications, that engine would blow up long before 630rwhp because it would have severe detonation well under 600rwhp.

Can't blame ya there!
yeah a stock LSX with a blower first will not hit 630rwhp at just 8 PSI and if it did that engine wouldn't last more than 4 hours, pete's FRC vette has 12 PSI i think but like i said his is fully built so it'll last awhile
Can't blame ya there!
i want someone to hit me with a tack hammer cause i feel like a retard for joinin in on this thread

side note notice how nobody really much attention to my posts
Old 11-14-2007, 10:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

i want someone to hit me with a tack hammer cause i feel like a retard for joinin in on this thread
You might could get a girlfriend then
Old 11-14-2007, 10:57 AM
11 Second Club

okay if you are reffering to the northstar, thats fine, i knew i said gm but on my behalf i was reffering to engines in the f body and corvette world, my mistake, gm does make that motor it just goes in the caddy's.

nothing to respond to my post but heck?
your post is confusing as well, what does heck mean? i read my post i guess its easier for me too understand since i wrote it but i can see where someone can get confused.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:59 AM
TECH Regular

oh so glad im on your list,,, let me get my point across just for justification,

wait lets see here, a mach 1 has um,,, yeah twice as many valves as an ls1, and no pushrods, i bet that all 1.1 more cubes and ls1 has is the reason this engine is,,,

a, more reliable
b. more efficient
c. cheaper

okay have i gotten my point across yet??
why would gm wanna build a 4.6l over head cam motor, thats just stupid, gm has stuck to being traditional in a sense when stickin to 16v pushrod motor, well it has worked for decades, and its kinda like, why fix whats not broken.

im not a complete idiot just extremely biased,

and the point about my ls1 car beating highly modded stangs, i dont understand what your reasoning is behind your judgment,

although i did say that there is NO ford that is NA and stock that could beat mine, and well i had to eat my words cause i found out that i was wrong, it happens i learn from it,

i kinda forgot what we were arguin about again?

Not really sure what we are argueing about lol. The point of my idioitic statement "when GM makes a 4.6L without having to resort to an extra 1.1Liters, ill give them credit" I was attempting to be sarcastic towards a previous post saying "when Ford builds something that wil run the number without having to resort to forced induction then ill give them credit"

Its equally stupid to cry about bigger displacement as it is to bitch about having a supercharger. That was my point.

Its ok to be bias BTW. Just dont be ignorant. I used to hate 03/04 cobras (now GT500) too, but if you cant beat them join em
Old 11-14-2007, 11:04 AM
11 Second Club

well on gm's defense, having a extra 1.1L on top of the 4.6 n/a would be and advantage,

but when you stick 32v in a 4.6 and stick a 2.8L blower on top i think that motor has the upper hand, i know you cant add 4.6L to 2.8L and get a 7.4L engine , **** doesnt work that way,

but... it sure does run like that lol
as for joining them, ... its been a struggle ever since the termy;s came out, but thats okay the ford guys have had their asses handed to them after the 5.0. they needed it

its been tuff i just havent given up yet, doubt i ever will, but,,, if i see a termy up for sale for a decent price, ill pick it up and add it to my garage,

like i said the only stang worth having is a termy, there sick, deff a car to be reckoned with,
Old 11-14-2007, 11:18 AM
11 Second Club

this thread made my day. See it proves there are idiots on both sides. Group hug. lol. -Mark
Old 11-14-2007, 03:17 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blackhawk_02
What does cereal have to do with a procharged 02 T/A?
Has nothing to do with a procharged 02 T/A. it's just a common cereal enjoyed for breakfast by children daydreaming about simply sticking a procharger on a stock LS1 T/A and getting 600+whp. (8lbs and fuel/exhaust upgrades may get you 450).
Old 11-14-2007, 03:35 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Bitemark46
this thread made my day. See it proves there are idiots on both sides. Group hug. lol. -Mark
Agreed!!!
Old 11-14-2007, 03:37 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1fastz
Agreed!!!
+1
Old 11-14-2007, 03:49 PM
TECH Addict

yeah a stock LSX with a blower first will not hit 630rwhp at just 8 PSI and if it did that engine wouldn't last more than 4 hours, pete's FRC vette has 12 PSI i think but like i said his is fully built so it'll last awhile
Speaking of hammers... Some tools in this thread would prolly tell you it isn't so... That his car had a stock longblock!

side note notice how nobody really much attention to my posts
On account... You're not arguing like a fool and the only folks seemingly in real disagreement don't want to notice you because they'd have to think, "Here's another LS1 owner saying I'm full'o crap... Maybe I am!"
Old 11-14-2007, 03:52 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 04Terminator
Has nothing to do with a procharged 02 T/A. it's just a common cereal enjoyed for breakfast by children daydreaming about simply sticking a procharger on a stock LS1 T/A and getting 600+whp. (8lbs and fuel/exhaust upgrades may get you 450).
Not sure why you would need to upgrade fuel, lots of F-bodys running more than 500whp with stock pump and injectors. I do agree with the exhaust though, headers are a must.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:18 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow what a damn waste of my time reading this thread, although it was kinda hysterical. Now if i was in Unit213's place i would have already layed down the ban hammer on a few guys who dont know how to act in a mature manner.

As for the DA that said you can get 6XX hp out of a stock motored car with just a procharger will never happen in a million years. Now if you want to start messing with internals then ofcourse it can happen.

So as already stated yes the GT500 is an Overpriced and under performed car. But hell its not our money to spend so if somebody wants to buy the car, hell thats their decision. As for me i would never buy that car even though i will hand it to ford for designing such a nice looking car . Ya the car is very traction limited and i say it will definitely run 11's with a good driver and a set of DR"s or even slicks.

Seriously though guys stop all the Bull Shitting. Its always a Ford vs Chevy battle.. Yes ford built a few and i mean a few mustangs off the showroom that would hang/outrun an LS1.

RUN WHAT YA BRUNG AND HOPE YOU BROUGHT ENOUGH
Old 11-14-2007, 05:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
You might could get a girlfriend then
have one and yeah . . . we're not gonna discuss that

Originally Posted by Bitemark46
ok everyone group hug and i'm sure we'll get through this
Speaking of hammers... Some tools in this thread would prolly tell you it isn't so... That his car had a stock longblock!

On account... You're not arguing like a fool and the only folks seemingly in real disagreement don't want to notice you because they'd have to think, "Here's another LS1 owner saying I'm full'o crap... Maybe I am!"
good point