Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

'99 Trans Am vs. '05 STI

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 01:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by EvolutionCT9A
thats just sounds way out there, a evo with 320 hp should run about 12.7, not sure about sti but im sure its in the same area. I think he has more mods' then he says also to have that HP rating............... full bolt ons ? up'd boost?
I mean evo's run about 1-2 tenths faster in 1/4th then sti's stock/stock. I ran 12.9@107 with MBC 22psi and a downpipe.

And any awd owner who goes from a roll "as a serious race" is a idiot lol
If I re-call correctly from reading the road&track magazines, the STI runs 13.3 on their data and the EVO runs a 13.2
Very close cars and that comes down to who is a better driver. Now to beat a C6, the STI has to me modded. even an average M6 driver in a C6 should have no problem even with a slightly modded evo or sti. those C6s are quick. I opened an 05 up on a back road while doing a PDI at the dealership i worked at a couple years back. they are light and bone stock M6 lays down what a bolt on LS1 M6s make, 350+rwhp.
I think that might be a BS call...
As for the 350Z s/c
I've personally watched a 350z go down the 1/4 mile with constant 14.4-14.6s. I can't remember the MPH. So out running a s/c 350z in a car that does 13.3 stock sounds about right. i've read on hear with someone with a vortech 350z that broke into the 12.90s. So with a good driver, a stock STI could do better than a 13.3 i'm sure.
So in conclusion, I believe that STI beating the s/c 350z, but not the C6.