Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

'99 Trans Am vs. '05 STI

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 09:25 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default '99 Trans Am vs. '05 STI

Ok so my buddy has a '05 Sti that has been clocked at 13.2 at the track. So me and him go to an empty road off by his house and race. We were supposed to go on my third honk but a car appeared behind us so he just yelled 1..2..3..GO! Well all i heard was GO when he launched so i hammered down and spun for about 30 feet. Well being an Sti he already had me by about 2 full lengths but to my suprise the second i hooked up i was pulling on him harder than i expected. Cause i have been in the car with him when he has beat some fast cars for example a C6 vette, a vortech powered 350z and another Sti which he beat by about 5 lengths. Well by the time we both let off we were doing a little over 100 and i was at his rear quarter panel. We both pulled over and he said thats the closest race he has had yet. But he wont race me again. lol. It was my first race in the car and lets just say that my car surprised the both of us.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:30 PM
Teching In

nice run. always fun to run friends.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:53 PM
Launching!

nice run, but those C6 Vette's are supposed to run in the 12s. musta been a bad driver. but sweet run, ive been lookin for an STi to play around and race, but none of them ever want to... ugh! lol
Old 11-14-2007, 09:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Definetly a driver mod when it comes to the C6 vette kill, what has he done to the STI
Old 11-14-2007, 10:13 PM
Staging Lane

I think all he has done is a chip, exhaust, and down pipe. I saw his dyno sheet and it read around 320ish.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:20 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Trav's_TransAm
I think all he has done is a chip, exhaust, and down pipe. I saw his dyno sheet and it read around 320ish.
If that's to the wheels he's got alot more done to it than that or its a high reading dyno. It's not a "chip" lol, it's prbly a static flash tune with an Acess Port.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

good death
Old 11-14-2007, 10:25 PM
Staging Lane

Well thats all he has done to it. It may have a few other things done to it he doesnt know about. But he has pretty much walked away from every Sti he has raced.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:50 AM
Launching!

Sounds like he is sandbagging on his mods or his car is just really stout. Those mods should not really have him taking C6s and blown 350Zs. I guess you guys can really pedal. Nice work. Sounds like a close win for you in a fair run.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:37 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by blackhawk_02
nice run, but those C6 Vette's are supposed to run in the 12s. musta been a bad driver. but sweet run, ive been lookin for an STi to play around and race, but none of them ever want to... ugh! lol
It also depends how long the race was. As yall know with how nasty those Evo/STI's can launch they can win alot of low end races against stronger cars.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:03 AM
Staging Lane

As long as they didnt shift into 2nd gear he could prolly take a C6. They usually pull about a car on me in 1st and by the end of 2nd I have 1+ cars on them. 3rd gear....not a chance.

Nice death dude...its always fun racing friends. Get him to race again so you can get bragging rights.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:34 AM
Staging Lane

Well i just got back from racing him again. This time it was from a roll at 30 in pouring rain on highway 18. On his third honk we went and right off the bat he had me by almost half a car but i pulled on him and ended up winning by about 2 lengths and got my revenge. lol. I definately think racing friends is the best. Too bad he has to get rid of the car soon tho.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:20 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Trav's_TransAm
Well i just got back from racing him again. This time it was from a roll at 30 in pouring rain on highway 18. On his third honk we went and right off the bat he had me by almost half a car but i pulled on him and ended up winning by about 2 lengths and got my revenge. lol. I definately think racing friends is the best. Too bad he has to get rid of the car soon tho.
Umm... racing in the rain FTL.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:46 AM
TECH Regular

How do you get any traction in the "pouring rain?" I have a 98 auto and I'd just go sideways in the rain, aspecially from a low roll where the torque come's on strong.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:05 PM
Teching In

thats just sounds way out there, a evo with 320 hp should run about 12.7, not sure about sti but im sure its in the same area. I think he has more mods' then he says also to have that HP rating............... full bolt ons ? up'd boost?
I mean evo's run about 1-2 tenths faster in 1/4th then sti's stock/stock. I ran 12.9@107 with MBC 22psi and a downpipe.

And any awd owner who goes from a roll "as a serious race" is a idiot lol
Old 11-17-2007, 09:19 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by EvolutionCT9A
I mean evo's run about 1-2 tenths faster in 1/4th then sti's stock/stock.

Wrong: The STi is faster stock. At least in 06 they were, and the 07 STi has a larger turbo stock, as well as better gears allowing it to stay in 4th for the 1/4 mile. Everybody knows that Evo's are slightly easier to mod at begining levels but, after turbo swaps, after-market IC's and built engines come into play it's who has spent the most money.

2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 4.5 13.3 (MT Dec '05).
2006 Subaru WRX STI 4.5 13.0 MT Dec '05)
These times were taken from:
http://www.albeedigital.com/supercou...0-60times.html
Old 11-22-2007, 10:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by blackhawk_02
It all depends on where u looking. I saw ur in the socal area. If ur looking for evos, sti's, 350zs, swapped civics and integras, then look no further than Orange County, head south west to the Tustin, Irvine, Lakeforest, Mission Viejo area. and everyother car has to be an evo sti or 350z. This is the land of rich parents and spoiled kids.

and just because they beat 2nd and 3rd gen camaros and mustangs, they get the idea that all domestic V8's are push overs next to THE TURBO 4 CYLINDER dumb asses!!! so every chance they give me i show them why you only need one ******* camshaft to get the job done.
Old 11-22-2007, 11:13 PM
Restricted User

Nice run...you should do it again...and get traction...you'll beat him that time...and do a roll as well...
Old 11-22-2007, 11:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Blackbird39
Wrong: The STi is faster stock. At least in 06 they were, and the 07 STi has a larger turbo stock, as well as better gears allowing it to stay in 4th for the 1/4 mile. Everybody knows that Evo's are slightly easier to mod at begining levels but, after turbo swaps, after-market IC's and built engines come into play it's who has spent the most money.

2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 4.5 13.3 (MT Dec '05).
2006 Subaru WRX STI 4.5 13.0 MT Dec '05)
These times were taken from:
http://www.albeedigital.com/supercou...0-60times.html
This guy right here is got a damn fast Scuby. We're going to have to meet up sometime and do it again. I got the cam on order and it should be in and ready to go by the middle of Dec. I wanta kill Raxters Roush 427 so bad I can't stand it. He was talking some smack the other day and got me riled up. Gator said he was wanting to run again. I don't think yall have run since the 20g and all so it should be pretty close. So we need to plan it up sometime.
WS6 vs. STI vs. GTO vs. Roush 427
Anybody interested?
Send me a PM sometime.
Old 11-23-2007, 02:12 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by rocksws6
This guy right here is got a damn fast Scuby. We're going to have to meet up sometime and do it again. I got the cam on order and it should be in and ready to go by the middle of Dec. I wanta kill Raxters Roush 427 so bad I can't stand it. He was talking some smack the other day and got me riled up. Gator said he was wanting to run again. I don't think yall have run since the 20g and all so it should be pretty close. So we need to plan it up sometime.
WS6 vs. STI vs. GTO vs. Roush 427
Anybody interested?
Send me a PM sometime.
WS6 v STI v GTO v Roush = big entertainment!

Hell yah bro; Lets do it!! I def. want another shot at Gator's goat, he whooped up on me pretty bad on those highway rolls we did, when I was TBE, and tune. Is he still at 430whp or has he upped it a little? With a cam in your car, it's gonna be some tight racing as long as there is no driver error. That Roush would be a fun kill, I know Gator can kill him, and I'm pretty sure me and you have a good shot. I will be at a disadvantage on the roll racing so we need to do some dig runs as well if you guys can launch safely. This time of year the road temp. is not going to be in our favor . I'm gonna pm ya and lets make this happen!!! I got a decent video cam, so I can do the video. I need a mount tho, cause I sure as hell don't want a camera man in my car!