Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

98 Camaro z28 vs. 07 Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 12:21 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 Camaro z28 vs. 07 Mustang GT

I have a 98 Camaro z28 stock and my friend has an 07 mustang GT with Bassani axel-back exhausts

4 pulls from 40mph...2nd gear

First pull I did 3 honks...he got a bad jump and by about 90 i had about 1-1 1/2 cars on him...

second pull i started in 3rd gear by mistake so on 3 honks he pulled quick...

third and forth pull...both in 2nd at 40...he did 3 honks both times and by about 90 i had about 1/2-1 full car on him

Bisically my 9 year old LS1 beat a brand new GT...
Old 11-22-2007, 02:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good kill. I want to run one of those, all the ones over here never want to run. Its either women or older people who look at me funny when I rev.
Old 11-22-2007, 08:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

great kill!
Old 11-22-2007, 09:46 AM
Teching In

Nice kill
Old 11-22-2007, 11:27 AM
Teching In

sound about right we hafta have at least intake and full exhaust to compete with a ls1 from a roll. good kill.
Old 11-22-2007, 12:26 PM
Staging Lane

thanks...my friend is goin back to school sunday so i am hopeing to get a few more runs in before he leaves...ill let u know what happens
Old 11-22-2007, 06:11 PM
Launching!

nice kill. ive raced an 06-07? mustang gt C/S (supposid "cali special").. needless to say.. killed him
Old 11-22-2007, 07:10 PM
Teching In

gt c/s are about the lamest thing ever, there a gt with diff side louvers hood scoop and rear bumper and you pay $5000 more, so needless to say you beat a regular gt with gay options lol but good kill, he desearved it for buying it
Old 11-22-2007, 08:02 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good Kill
Old 11-23-2007, 01:35 AM
TECH Addict

Nice kill.
Old 11-23-2007, 07:46 AM
TECH Regular

Been there done that..... Good kill

Did his mommy and daddy buy it too? I love hearing them whine when their super fast awesome car gets stomped.

New mustangs tend to look alot faster than what they perform....kinda like rice.

Last edited by Lickeyman; 11-23-2007 at 08:01 AM.
Old 11-23-2007, 08:07 AM
Teching In

ppl like you^^^ give all the good gm owners a bad name.
Old 11-23-2007, 10:35 AM
TECH Regular

And how is that? I like mustangs. I just thought the new ones would have been faster? And I respect the mustang. My brother has one. Granted its a 5.0 and not a new one but its faster than my car. But like I said most of the time you see a modified mustang it looks really good and I nearly always OVERESTIMATE their performance capability. 9 times out of 10 I'd say. I'm much more worried about getting my *** handed to me by an older model stang than the every now again late model gt that actually has been modded to make it faster. If your car is faster than mine I can assure you that you are in the MINORTY of late models gts on the street.

Like I said..... MOST OF THEM LOOK FASTER THAN THEY PERFORM. I NEVER SAID THEY WERENT CAPABLE OF IT.

I also never said the guys parents bought his car. I simply ASKED if they did.

There is also a definite difference between a legit import that is fast and rice. AGAIN I NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT ALL IMPORTS BEING SLOW OR SOMETHING SO WHY ARE YOU OFFENDED?

So what did I say that was so wrong?

What do you live at home and get offended or something? I'm 25 and have SEVERAL friends that still sit sucking off mommy and daddy's ****. They all have badass cars because they have no responsibility. And don't say I'm jealous cause I'm not. Just sick of hearing adult age people whine when mom and dad says they won't pay their insurance anymore or they won't get them this supercharger/car they want really bad for christmas.(and I have heard that from several people over 20.) And you know what else? I smile when I think about how much their parents paid for their car and how much they DON'T care about it. And don't say "what if your a student????" because I did it on my own.

Just to give you some perspective on my mentality..... I lost my hptuners interface last week. Turns out the cleaning people where I work threw it away because I had placed it in a plastic grocery bag when I carried it in so it wouldn't get wet. After finding out hptuners does not have a replacement policy and I would be out 500 bucks I was tore up. Found out the dumpster wasn't emptied and I honestly spent nearly 2 hours tuesday going through the dumpster in the rain to find it. Dumpster is a roll off and is 30x8 or so. It was 3/4 full. I found the sob. $500 dollars to spend doesn't come really easy for me. So

I don't give gm owners a bad name. You give mustang owners a bad name for starting something on ls1 forum over something that is true.

Don't hijack the thread *******.

Last edited by Lickeyman; 11-23-2007 at 10:57 AM.
Old 11-23-2007, 11:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Lickeyman
And how is that? I like mustangs. I just thought the new ones would have been faster? And I respect the mustang. My brother has one. Granted its a 5.0 and not a new one but its faster than my car. But like I said most of the time you see a modified mustang it looks really good and I nearly always OVERESTIMATE their performance capability. 9 times out of 10 I'd say. I'm much more worried about getting my *** handed to me by an older model stang than the every now again late model gt that actually has been modded to make it faster. If your car is faster than mine I can assure you that you are in the MINORTY of late models gts on the street.

Like I said..... MOST OF THEM LOOK FASTER THAN THEY PERFORM. I NEVER SAID THEY WERENT CAPABLE OF IT.

I also never said the guys parents bought his car. I simply ASKED if they did.

So what did I say that was so wrong?

What do you live at home or something? I'm 25 and have SEVERAL friends that still sit sucking off mommy and daddy's ****. They all have badass cars because they have no responsibility. And don't say I'm jealous cause I'm not. Just sick of hearing adult age people whine when mom and dad says they won't pay their insurance anymore or they won't get them this supercharger/car they want really bad for christmas.(and I have heard that from several people over 20.) And you know what else? I smile when I think about how much their parents paid for their car and how much they DON'T care about it. And don't say "what if your a student????" because I did it on my own.

Just to give you some perspective on my mentality..... I lost my hptuners interface last week. Turns out the cleaning people where I work threw it away because I had placed it in a plastic grocery bag when I carried it in so it wouldn't get wet. After finding out hptuners does not have a replacement policy and I would be out 500 bucks I was tore up. Found out the dumpster wasn't emptied and I honestly spent nearly 2 hours tuesday going through the dumpster in the rain to find it. Dumpster is a roll off and is 30x8 or so. It was 3/4 full. I found the sob. $500 dollars to spend doesn't come really easy for me. So

I don't give gm owners a bad name. You give mustang owners a bad name for starting something on ls1 forum over something that is true.

Don't hijack the thread *******.
All I read was "I hate new Mustangs because my rich friends have them so they're rice, and some cleaning people threw away my HP tuners because I brought it to Walmart to show off to my bagger homies, so you're giving Mustang owners a bad name and you're an *******."
Old 11-23-2007, 11:16 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by NightWindDriftr
All I read was "I hate new Mustangs because my rich friends have them so they're rice, and some cleaning people threw away my HP tuners because I brought it to Walmart to show off to my bagger homies, so you're giving Mustang owners a bad name and you're an *******."
Where does it say that?

My "rich" friends don't even drive mustangs.

And the OP stated that "9 year old ls1 beat a brand new gt....owned" I guess he doesn't take pride in doing it for less too right?
Old 11-23-2007, 11:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Where does it say that?
I don't know, maybe in both of your posts.
Old 11-23-2007, 11:24 AM
TECH Regular

Okay I said they tend to look faster than they perform.....

Also asked if mommy and daddy bought it because personally I like beatin up on people with no respect for anything......

So where at in the post?
Old 11-23-2007, 11:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Okay I said they tend to look faster than they perform.....

Also asked if mommy and daddy bought it because personally I like beatin up on people with no respect for anything......

So where at in the post?
Looks are subjective. That doesn't make the new Mustang rice. You know what else looks faster than it performs? The SS; better stance, SS hood and spoiler, and it was even rated a tad faster. Wouldn't you say that the B4C is equal in performance, despite the SS having better flowing exhaust?

Yes, the LS1 beat a newer car that costs more. This is only relevant because of the rivalry between the GT and LS1 cars. Has nothing to do with how much anything costs.

Also, I hardly read your sob story about how poor you were and how you came close to losing your HP tuners. I admit poorly comprehending it; fortunately, it was irrelevant anyway. Nobody cares about your friends, whether or not they suck on mom/dad's (wtf?) tit, etc. Please tell me why people might care about your dumpster diving hobby, especially in regards to the kill posted.

IMO you don't give GM owners a bad name. You do that to yourself.
Old 11-23-2007, 11:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

stop giving lickey a hard time.. hes in no way wrong IMO.. and i agree too, they look meaner than they perform *stock. So, stop provoking him over something so stupid, he could have simply said that Mustangs are a POS like the usual, but instead he gave a more intellectual response, simply stating without being derrogatory, that they look faster than they are. /end

Ok, now that this thread was hijacked, back to the OP.

Awesome runs man =D It's awesome that you could beat a new car
Old 11-23-2007, 11:56 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by NightWindDriftr
Also, I hardly read your sob story about how poor you were and how you came close to losing your HP tuners. I admit poorly comprehending it; fortunately, it was irrelevant anyway. Nobody cares about your friends, whether or not they suck on mom/dad's (wtf?) tit, etc. Please tell me why people might care about your dumpster diving hobby, especially in regards to the kill posted.
Dude don't even bring up how much I make because it might just suprise ya

And it didn't have ANYTHING to do with the OP.

It wasn't on there UNTIL a couple of ******** got offended over nothing.......

But you guys can learn from it...... Definitely insure the hptuners interface or guard it with your life because it is very easy to lose....

ONCE AGAIN..... 1998ChevyCamaroz28 Good kill