Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Merv Vs. C6 Z06

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 02:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dz2a8r
MERV....A win is a win, but at least be honest about it. tell the whole story. (Other guy had a Passenger). For someone who said they wouldn't post this story you did a great job being so descriptive. If you tell someone you're not gonna run your mouth about them then don't. Eventually you're gonna meet up with the wrong guy and he's gonna slap the **** out of you. All I've ever seen of you on here, is you being bitched at because you run mouth so much. Venemous has a great point. Why is it that the only people who give you props are people from out of state. Chances are It's because everyone around here knows you're nothing but a joke!You don't personally know me but it has effected directly. You made me look like an *** on the day I set up a dyno day at POLK PERFORMANCE. Just a few days before you managed to run your fat *** mouth so much that only 6 our of about 20 people that said they were gonna show up actually did.
I had no idea this was the ******* that ran his mouth and ruined dyno day, especially since it was for the late Don Polk great guy I miss him very much. But I would expect this from **** talkin merv I really hope you feel ashamed Merv.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:29 AM
11 Second Club

Received 124 Likes on 97 Posts

^^Love the little sentimental shot you are tryin to take there...really..it hurts..

I personally know some Family of Dons very well..so yea nice try..lol

And like I said..it wasn't me that did anything with Dyno Day..although if you think 1 person spread the word around that well, then I must be a celebrity somewhere..lol

All you tards can waste your time and keep diggin for **** to start crap with..fact of the matter is that I posted this here to say "hey, I busted a Z06's ***..." which the last time I checked is what this section is for..and that's what I did.

Those that are from everywhere else said the same thing pretty much..."nice kill..what are your mods..etc."

Those of you from here local decided to take it to drama central..just cause that's you all are. I just said I killed a Vette, and you all made your selves look like a bunch of sore-*** losers..
The very first thing I heard after the fact was that I have Spray..as soon as I heard that, I knew this **** wouldn't end..you guys are tryin to poke holes in anything I do..and it's not working, so shut up, plain and simple. You can bash me all day but who still has the faster car by the end of it..

Basically take your Drama somewhere else, another Forum..who knows where..this is for some good ole car talk..

Last edited by the_merv; 12-07-2007 at 09:42 AM.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:45 AM
11 Second Club

Now..lets start this thread the intended way again..

Merv Vs. C6 Z06

1995 CAMARO Z28, "MERV MODDED": WON
2007 CORVETTE Z06, FACTORY STOCK: LOST

Old 12-07-2007, 10:37 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by caseman
like whats under the floor on passangers side.
Apparently you've never been in another f-body.... All 4th gen f-bods have a big, square nitrous bottle under the passenger side floor-board...

haha, i dunno if this is the hump you're talking about, but if it is, you're very wrong about it being nitrous
Old 12-07-2007, 10:45 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Evilways
Z06s are beatable...no doubt...but driver mod is needed in most of them, not everyone who has $70K can drive a $70K car...lol...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jv4o_ZKdtys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvQgFkVfC8w

good kill
True....very true

Almost pathetic.
Old 12-07-2007, 01:26 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SonofaBish
Apparently you've never been in another f-body.... All 4th gen f-bods have a big, square nitrous bottle under the passenger side floor-board...

haha, i dunno if this is the hump you're talking about, but if it is, you're very wrong about it being nitrous
You mean that spot where the Cat should be..

Yea..that's where I hide my invisible N20..

Last edited by the_merv; 12-07-2007 at 09:58 PM.
Old 12-07-2007, 04:43 PM
Teching In

Oh thats a great spot to hide it. underneath the car where the Cat gets extremely hot, and the 02 sensor reaches 600 degrees, so even if the bottle scrapes on something, you'll eb ablaze and dead before you know it.
you wont need a bottle heater lol
Old 12-07-2007, 05:28 PM
11 Second Club

You heard about the mod to keep it cool down there?
Old 12-07-2007, 05:51 PM
Teching In

no whats it called, a prayer and a lot of luck?
Old 12-07-2007, 08:12 PM
11 Second Club

^^Then followed by some cryin from the guy you beat..lol
Old 12-08-2007, 01:17 AM
Launching!

Ive personally found a lot of respect for the Merve after reading this entire post..And Merve..One thing that Ive learned is that weather you live in Colarado or hawaii or drive an Evo or Viper people will always doubt you, when you pull a win over a respected car...It wasnt long ago that i beat a heavily built Supra in my stockish 2003 viper...I had my wife in the car and the top down and beat him from a 70-130 mph roll race..Even my own friends doubted me and I was called a liar and so fourth by more than a few people...A week later I did the same thing again on video and the Supra finally beat me on the last race when he turned his car up to max power and blew the engine after beating me by 1 car at 155 mph..But the races before the last one were he was agin on his every day settings i beat him just like the first time were I was called a liar....So dont worry man. you beat the suppossedly unbeaTABLE CAR IN YOUR OLD *** LT1...Thery're gonna hate..Screw em..you didnt use NOS and thats dam right respectable
Old 12-08-2007, 01:26 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Killemall
Ive personally found a lot of respect for the Merve after reading this entire post..And Merve..One thing that Ive learned is that weather you live in Colarado or hawaii or drive an Evo or Viper people will always doubt you, when you pull a win over a respected car...It wasnt long ago that i beat a heavily built Supra in my stockish 2003 viper...I had my wife in the car and the top down and beat him from a 70-130 mph roll race..Even my own friends doubted me and I was called a liar and so fourth by more than a few people...A week later I did the same thing again on video and the Supra finally beat me on the last race when he turned his car up to max power and blew the engine after beating me by 1 car at 155 mph..But the races before the last one were he was agin on his every day settings i beat him just like the first time were I was called a liar....So dont worry man. you beat the suppossedly unbeaTABLE CAR IN YOUR OLD *** LT1...Thery're gonna hate..Screw em..you didnt use NOS and thats dam right respectable
Yea I had a 2004 viper and it was the biggest piece of siht I ever owned.
Old 12-08-2007, 02:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why don't you guys just race again and get it on vid? and maybe the z06 should drop the extra person whats that an extra 150-200lbs depending on how big your friend is.... that could have been the reason why he lost, if it was a fender... who knows... but i want to see it.... no matter what he has under the hood, he beat a new z06 with another street car and that's pretty good in my book!!! no matter what you have under your hood...
Old 12-08-2007, 03:10 AM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Blah blah blah. Good kill merv.
Old 12-08-2007, 09:21 AM
10 Second Club

Let's do it tonight..
Old 12-08-2007, 10:58 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 02SSLE
Let's do it tonight..
I'm ready when ever he is.
Old 12-08-2007, 11:50 AM
11 Second Club

I'm at work guys..nothing happenin tonight.

Originally Posted by Killemall
I appreciate it my friend. I'm just here tryin to have fun playing with the Car. I built it as a toy..it's just showing better than expected results. Even when I had the LT1 in it it was fast as hell for what as done to it. I was hoping that the new LSX Swap showed the same results, and it has.

I'm used to the N2O accusations..I just though it wouldn't have to go as far as my Tuner having to jump on here and say something.

One of my goals when I built the Car was to find a C6 Z06 and beat it, just to have the knowledge that my Hand-built Engine and other supporting Mods could do it. There is a yellow one here in Jacksonville, but I have never caught him on the steet in my Camaro, always saw him in my Truck. You just happened to be that guy Randy.

Granted the Cam was custom spec'd by PatrickG, the Tune was done by Rhino79, and the Tranny built in Searcy by Caleb(Thanks guys), the rest of the build was done by me, everything in that car, pretty much as a budget build..and just for fun really. There is about $16k in that car, and I see it running a 10.XX Pass in the 1/4 no problem. Not too bad for the total amount of money invested.
Yea, the Car looks like a pile of ****, but it runs..
Old 12-08-2007, 12:46 PM
Launching!

Good kill man. Let your haters be your motivation.

Back when I had a '02 GT Mustang every time I beat even a half decent fast car people would claim it's bulls**t. Now I have a GTO and people still wanna talk s**t. Just beating them shuts most of them up quickly.

Last edited by TORNATIC!!; 12-08-2007 at 12:53 PM.
Old 12-08-2007, 01:04 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Emoney97ss
why don't you guys just race again and get it on vid? and maybe the z06 should drop the extra person whats that an extra 150-200lbs depending on how big your friend is.... that could have been the reason why he lost, if it was a fender... who knows... but i want to see it.... no matter what he has under the hood, he beat a new z06 with another street car and that's pretty good in my book!!! no matter what you have under your hood...

+1 sounds like two bad *** cars and id love to see a vid!
Old 12-08-2007, 01:10 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good Kill.

Do it again and record it!