Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

crotch rocket encounter!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 12:05 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MrElectric03
Im not sure if anyone has posted yet but on YouTube there is a video of a cool blue twin turbo camaro or firebird racing a GSr on the freeway...cool vid
A link to the video in question would be cool too.
Old 01-18-2008, 02:39 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by vettezuki
A link to the video in question would be cool too.
For example, this may be of interest:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psJoNQ6RLVI&NR=1
Old 01-18-2008, 01:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man that was nice. It makes me want to go for a ride then I look out side and see snow and 20 degree temps
Old 01-19-2008, 02:36 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by z28boy
Man that was nice. It makes me want to go for a ride then I look out side and see snow and 20 degree temps

Lol, that sux Im actually going to ride my R1 tomorrow

Yeah seen that vid before, pretty cool.
Old 01-19-2008, 02:43 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by burnzilla
And its funny how you make fun of my car, considering a stock 06 Stang is no faster then a 93 LT1.
Smart buy if youre looking for speed
How much did you say you have into your car again?
who cares how much he has into his car? if all anyone ever cared about was speed, we'd all be driving rusted shitboxes with strictly performance mods.
Old 01-19-2008, 04:19 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ballhawkdawk
who cares how much he has into his car? if all anyone ever cared about was speed, we'd all be driving rusted shitboxes with strictly performance mods.
I don't know about the shitboxes part (not necessarily a great platform for speed), but I totally agree with your point. If all a person cares about is competitive speed, stop joking around and go into competitive organized racing, then you'll find out what you're made of relative to other people trying the same thing; no excuses.

For the street, so-called speed is mostly about ***** and giggles. The most important part is about how your ride makes you feel when driving/riding. I have a pretty fast car by street standards, but by no means the fastest. But I put it together myself (with the help of friends and pros), and I love the way it looks, feels, handles, sounds, and even smells. I especially like the way the world looks when looking out from the inside and in the end I think that's what this hobby is mostly about.
Old 01-19-2008, 05:14 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by vettezuki
For the street, so-called speed is mostly about ***** and giggles. The most important part is about how your ride makes you feel when driving/riding. I have a pretty fast car by street standards, but by no means the fastest. But I put it together myself (with the help of friends and pros), and I love the way it looks, feels, handles, sounds, and even smells. I especially like the way the world looks when looking out from the inside and in the end I think that's what this hobby is mostly about.
that was pretty much my point... you just articulated it much better. no point in hassling a guy for investing in a nice car just because it's slower than a bike. a 10 second bike is hardly as impressive as a 10 second car. beating a car when on a bike is like beating a truck when in a performance car... 99/100 times it will happen. the guys with the cars fast enough to take down bikes deserve props. i have an 00 WS6 and 06 CBR600RR, and i'd feel like a douche bag racing a car on my bike unless the guy in the car engaged the race, and even then.. winning is nothing to brag about.

bottom line.. if the guy with the expensive car wanted a bike, he couldve bought 5 of them. he wanted AC, a radio, some storage space, and a seat with a back to it.
Old 01-19-2008, 10:07 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I get out of bed today look outside and see 6 more inches of snow LOL. I need to move south where I can ride my bike and drive my car all year round. Any buddy got any more vids to keep me going
Old 01-20-2008, 02:05 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by z28boy
. . . Any buddy got any more vids to keep me going
A classic.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mUBCNg3xO8