Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

crotch rocket encounter!

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 09:52 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default crotch rocket encounter!

so last night me and one of my buddies make a run up to dairy queen here in college station and we decided to take my SS... anyways we pull onto texas and traffic is pretty bad but as i pull up to a red light i see a group of 5 or 6 bikes all looking at me so i give them a lil rev for laughs a soon as this happens the whole entire group pulls outta their lane onto the shoulder by me and begin red linning their engines and i just laugh cuz my windows are open and i could literally reach out and touch the one dude he is so close.... any ways they race off and i follow and begin to punch it and so do they... they all start popping wheelies around me and messing with me!!! it was awesome because we finally hit the highway and we started getting after it going about 130 and they have flames shooting outta the exhaust and they are all just zipping by me... it was funny tho cuz after it all i kinda hung with this one guy i dont think he could drive it very well!!! LMAO!! ha sorry so long but kinda cool story... i really want a bike i think thats the only way to fufill my need for speed!!!!
Old 12-11-2007, 10:15 AM
TECH Regular

haha... cool man... It takes a lot to smoke a bike (ah hem, see sig ) but either way, bikes are a whole different experience in themselves... My litrebike is almost 8 years old now, but even so, its still a rediculous rush of power and speed (and low end snap with the v-twin).... I've played many-a-games with cars...

I've particularly pissed people off by shifting into second pretty much immediately at the start, and then sitting at they're front bumper, looking back at them and giving them one of those "come on" type waves... all the while, they're giving their car everything its got... then they give up, and with one crack of the throttle its up on one wheel and you're sailing off into the distance...

my bike just wishes it could do the same to my car! hehe... time to turbo it too! lol... no - been there, rode one of those, i'll pass...
Old 12-11-2007, 11:07 AM
Restricted User

bikes are always fun to mess around with....
Old 12-11-2007, 01:58 PM
Teching In

ya, i love messin with ppl on my bike, last weekend a guy with a head/cam 125shot 02 corvette called me out sayin if i can beat a 1000 i can beat your 750, even tho the 1000 he raced was a old raged out vtwin lol, so we ran 40-140 and i pulled prob 5-6 cars on him in 2 gears, i know i know. you had to race him on your bike because you mustang wont beat him lol!
Old 12-11-2007, 02:10 PM

still have the bike?
Old 12-11-2007, 02:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by brian06eleanor
ya, i love messin with ppl on my bike, last weekend a guy with a head/cam 125shot 02 corvette called me out sayin if i can beat a 1000 i can beat your 750, even tho the 1000 he raced was a old raged out vtwin lol, so we ran 40-140 and i pulled prob 5-6 cars on him in 2 gears, i know i know. you had to race him on your bike because you mustang wont beat him lol!
wasnt gonna mention a thing good kill tho

OP always fun to play with the bikes. if im cruisin i tend to watch for the one that doesnt know how to ride, thats the one ill play with
Old 12-11-2007, 02:50 PM
TECH Regular

even tho the 1000 he raced was a old raged out vtwin lol,
whoa whoa whoa.... are you talkin smack on us v-twins? LOL
most of the older v-twins are very slow, but the TL-R and the RC-51 were pretty quick bikes... TL-R is faster, but the RC handles better... I almost bought a new R1, but i just can't get rid of my baby.... every single I4 guy told me that i'll regret selling the TL-R for a I4 & i'll be lookin for another twin inside of 2 years... nonetheless, i have no problem competing with the newer litre bikes (below 160mph that is)
Old 12-11-2007, 02:54 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by g-ryde1
if im cruisin i tend to watch for the one that doesnt know how to ride, thats the one ill play with
This is a very valid point... alot of guys just don't ride very well... they got the bike for several reason - the main purpose being to look cool...

Myself, i typically stay away from main roads and areas with alot of ppl ... I dont track ride b/c of the $$ (i want to soo bad), but i did go through 4 sets of toe-sliders on my race boots this summer .... there's no thrill like dragging the footpegs of a sportbike through a turn... takes a lot of skill and experience tho - far too many ppl get hurt trying it before they're ready... usually cuz they chicken out and grab the front brake
Old 12-11-2007, 04:43 PM
Banned

I'm trying very very very very hard not to get a sport bike because I know I will crash but threads like these make me want to pick one up. This black dude did a huge *** wheely by me on the highway the other way I was like daaaaaaamnnn you know hes going to end up dead in a week.
Old 12-11-2007, 05:33 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SonofaBish
whoa whoa whoa.... are you talkin smack on us v-twins? LOL
most of the older v-twins are very slow, but the TL-R and the RC-51 were pretty quick bikes... TL-R is faster, but the RC handles better... I almost bought a new R1, but i just can't get rid of my baby.... every single I4 guy told me that i'll regret selling the TL-R for a I4 & i'll be lookin for another twin inside of 2 years... nonetheless, i have no problem competing with the newer litre bikes (below 160mph that is)
haha, no bashing on the vtwins, i love some of the buells, ducatis, and the tl1000, you cant beat there low end tq in the twistys, i road one not to long ago and was very suprised at how much i liked it, im comparing a mid 90 v-twin to the acceleration of a new i4 literbike. its like golf cart to a car lol. the way i c it, if you ride alot of twistys and dont care to go 140+ then the vtwin is a great bike but if you want to torture rpms and go 180, go with the i4.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

i pulled in to the gas station TODAY and a guy pulling out on a GSXR or something mad dogged the hell out of me. its like he wanted some. or he was jealous i had speed and air conditioning.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
i pulled in to the gas station TODAY and a guy pulling out on a GSXR or something mad dogged the hell out of me. its like he wanted some. or he was jealous i had speed and air conditioning.
They do that all the time to sportscar guys
Old 12-11-2007, 08:00 PM
TECH Regular

haha, no bashing on the vtwins, i love some of the buells, ducatis, and the tl1000, you cant beat there low end tq in the twistys, i road one not to long ago and was very suprised at how much i liked it, im comparing a mid 90 v-twin to the acceleration of a new i4 literbike. its like golf cart to a car lol. the way i c it, if you ride alot of twistys and dont care to go 140+ then the vtwin is a great bike but if you want to torture rpms and go 180, go with the i4.
haha... its cool brother
Old 12-11-2007, 08:26 PM
Banned

Sounds like fun. I wouldn't bother buying a rice rocket though. For the $8-10k they cost, you could be faster if you spent it on your car.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:43 PM
Teching In

Just Traded my Busa for a 98 Vert SS, Can't beat the performance for the money on a Bike, Geared lower no filter went 9.79 @ 144mph on the Busa but getting old had to get back to something with comfort
Old 12-11-2007, 08:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by YellowC6
Sounds like fun. I wouldn't bother buying a rice rocket though. For the $8-10k they cost, you could be faster if you spent it on your car.
Bullshit.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:53 PM
Teching In

i enjoy racing bikes. 600s are no prob. 1000s and 1300s are fun!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-11-2007, 09:50 PM
TECH Resident

lol build a dependable 9 second car for that much and i'll be impressed..
Old 12-11-2007, 10:07 PM
Teching In

Most bikes at that price range are low 10s, even hi 9s. 10k won't take any N/A car , with the possible exception of a C6ZO6 with the Lingenfelter Heads and Cam Package to that (low 10) speed. Some turbo cars, like the Buick, Cyclones, and my personal favorite Dodge Omni, can become pscyho quick for a 10k investment.
Old 12-11-2007, 10:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by vettezuki
Most bikes at that price range are low 10s, even hi 9s. 10k won't take any N/A car , with the possible exception of a C6ZO6 with the Lingenfelter Heads and Cam Package to that (low 10) speed. Some turbo cars, like the Buick, Cyclones, and my personal favorite Dodge Omni, can become pscyho quick for a 10k investment.
9k made my shitbox over 600whp, I did some work myself and I know what im doing though. I doubt 10k into anything is going to beat a 1000cc+ bike with a capable rider especially from a dig.