New Lambo Vs INSANE Supra

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 05:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 560SL
Supra > C5 Vette no question...
In what terms?

I beg to differ if it's not doing straight line.

Sadly, I can't think of any C5 thats running a massively turbo'd LSX. That'd give a run for the money.
Old 01-09-2008, 05:59 PM
Launching!

Not bad, I like LSX powered cars better!
Imports!
Old 01-09-2008, 06:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 560SL
Supra > C5 Vette no question...
Wow, maybe if your a 14 year old kid.
Old 01-09-2008, 06:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Deuuuce
I used to have one. I miss it, it was a fantastic car. 94TT 4A, 383rwhp.

Regarding what you paid? When you can run low 11s on pump gas, AWD, a V12 soundtrack, factory "lambo" doors, paddle shift tranny, ultra-exotic looks, 210mph top end, etc. etc, they can care less what you paid, whether you're faster or not. And you're not even close when its wet. Or from a dig on street tires....

I beg to differ about launching against an AWD lambo on the streets. With a proper tire, and a proper suspension/driver...it's not that hard at all.
Old 01-09-2008, 06:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Yep

To me a C5 Vette sounds like a old Chevy pickup truck. Now if you want to talk good sounding V8's then look no further than a V8 Mustang. That Vette you posted up looks like every other Vette I see on the road. BOOOOOOOORING

Honestly man, i don't think you've heard what a proper sounding vette sounds like, live and in person.

I'll admit, finding the proper setup was a stepping stone but,...listen to a C6 corvette with KOOKS or LG pro long tubes, with a B&B catback. lol. I still get people coming up o me to ask me about my buddy marco's(blackbullet1) black C6 vette. That car had heads and cam, kooks long tubes,..and B&B bulets..... best sounding car in the world. you wanna talk about exotic sound? It was a cross between a bike, and a formula one car. I'm telling you, it was amazing,..and to this day, I still have people mentioning the sound of THAT car to me.

My cousins vette,...SOUNDS WICKED. 427 with kooks long tubes, B&BB bullets. Wavrdr's car, sounds AMAZING!!! He and I have the same setup. B&B bullets, LG pro long tubes...3 inch offroad X.

I think the combination of camshaft/cylinder head, long tube, and catback is crucial for these cars.

I know what your saying about the other mustangs...they always sound good but,...a well thought out LSX Y body....you gotta hear it man... in person.
Old 01-09-2008, 07:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
Honestly man, i don't think you've heard what a proper sounding vette sounds like, live and in person.

I'll admit, finding the proper setup was a stepping stone but,...listen to a C6 corvette with KOOKS or LG pro long tubes, with a B&B catback. lol. I still get people coming up o me to ask me about my buddy marco's(blackbullet1) black C6 vette. That car had heads and cam, kooks long tubes,..and B&B bulets..... best sounding car in the world. you wanna talk about exotic sound? It was a cross between a bike, and a formula one car. I'm telling you, it was amazing,..and to this day, I still have people mentioning the sound of THAT car to me.

My cousins vette,...SOUNDS WICKED. 427 with kooks long tubes, B&BB bullets. Wavrdr's car, sounds AMAZING!!! He and I have the same setup. B&B bullets, LG pro long tubes...3 inch offroad X.

I think the combination of camshaft/cylinder head, long tube, and catback is crucial for these cars.

I know what your saying about the other mustangs...they always sound good but,...a well thought out LSX Y body....you gotta hear it man... in person.
He doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. A properly done vette/fbody with a big stroker makes any mustang sound like its little sister. (nothing against mustangs, they definately sound awesome).
Old 01-09-2008, 10:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Actually my buddy has a C5 Z06 with SLP loudmouth on it and it sounds ******* SICK. I was just trying to making a point..
Old 01-09-2008, 10:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by BlackMagicC5
Wow, maybe if your a 14 year old kid.
And if you're a 55 year old man the C5 is better... Damn let someone else have their OWN opinion...yes...even if it isn't the same as yours.
Old 01-10-2008, 12:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I posted this up in the external forum but I think everybody should hear it. So in case you missed it.
http://www.corsaperf.com/flashc5.htm
There is no Supra that has **** on this sound. IMO I like Supras but I think they are really over rated. Because you can make alot of power out of em everybody thinks they are god. You can do the same thing with a LS motor. Here's your proof: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOm-16y8NqM
Old 01-10-2008, 12:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

And if you're a 55 year old man the C5 is better... Damn let someone else have their OWN opinion...yes...even if it isn't the same as yours.
What are you talking about? I'm the one who stated my opinion and your the one who started crying like a little bitch. Your the one who started downing C5's just because you didn't like my opinion of the poopra. Get your facts straight before you open you mouth again.

Btw, all you do is troll this forum downing LS1's. Why are you so starved for attention? Is your mustang not satisfying enough that you have to troll LS1 forums all day and night?
Old 01-10-2008, 02:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

I can't believe guys in C5 Vette's are putting down Supras.

I'd rather own one nice STOCK turbo Supra over 2 C5 Vettes... Oh and the Supra below puts ANY VETTE in this thread to shame (looks, sound, and performance).

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...76803319&hl=en
What a ridiculous comment!!! You've got to be kidding!
NO WAY that supra looks or sounds better than "ANY" Z06 out there; that has to be some kind of joke to get people fired up. Have you seen some of the Z06s just on this forum alone? I remember last week someone posted a blown yellow Z06 with over 700rwhp with a low tance and big *** wheels/brakes that was just sick. It was tuned by ECM or ECS performance or something.

Thats just one of the MANY very good looking C5s. And as far as sound, I have yet to hear of any 4 or 6 cylinder that sounds even remotely as good as a small block with big heads/cam. I won't even begin to mention C6 Z06s.

" Lay off the crack pipe man. "

Edit: Look at G-Z06 's sig. Even his Z06 looks better.

Last edited by Super28Sport; 01-10-2008 at 09:44 AM.
Old 01-10-2008, 02:53 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by BoostedMKIV
****...come to think of it, I think Nick Hogan has single-handedly wrecked a third of the Supra population at this point.
That had me in stitches! BTW, I never said anything bad about Supra's, I actually like the car!
Old 01-10-2008, 06:04 AM
Teching In

The owner of the green 1250 rwhp supra owns the LP640 and a twin turbo 850 rwhp ligenfelter (SP?) C5. He has a bunch of other cars, but he has a pretty well rounded collection of speed machines. Just preference when you can afford a Lambo and a well built Supra with a twin turbo c5. Sure he could have afforded a Ferrari, Skyline, and a twin turbo viper just as easily. I guess it's easy to say something is useless or crap if you can't afford it.
Old 01-10-2008, 09:20 AM
Staging Lane

For me, it means something. Just like the little hinda bastards I got running around here,...dieing to race and BEAT me.

Having alot of horsepower, allows me to contend with some rich bastard, that can afford everything.
Reading between the lines says it all.
Old 01-10-2008, 09:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Deuuuce
Reading between the lines says it all.
For real. What a loser.
Old 01-10-2008, 10:06 AM
12 Second Club

Haha, I love how ppl keep trying to race multiple times when they get stomped. Get a clue.... Race once and accept you got spanked.
Old 01-10-2008, 12:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hahaha now this is great....wait for the car alarm hahaha

hey blackmajic this one is for you bro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rC2HA5w3B7I

I have been in the presemce of skylines, and supras with 500rwhp up to 900rwhp and they no where near sound as good. Stock supras with a fart can sound like crap and more powerful ones sound like louder crap.
Old 01-10-2008, 12:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ICEMAN 31
hahaha now this is great....wait for the car alarm hahaha

hey blackmajic this one is for you bro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rC2HA5w3B7I

I have been in the presemce of skylines, and supras with 500rwhp up to 900rwhp and they no where near sound as good. Stock supras with a fart can sound like crap and more powerful ones sound like louder crap.
I hear ya. Some people are just ricers at heart.
Old 01-10-2008, 11:46 PM
Staging Lane

This Texas Mile winner in the Unlimited Street class sounds pretty good. The Supra hit 228mph http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uU8DxXhwdSI

Viper at 231mph is in the Unlimited Race Class. Both are awesome.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:51 AM
On The Tree

fast *** supra