Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

my car is back, race last night

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 10:11 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my car is back, race last night

ok, so i got my camaro back last night, had all the mods in my sig installed recently, and havent had it back due to weather.
im driving around, breaking the parts in (150 miles on the moser 12 bolt and 3.73 gear and 500 miles on the procharger is whats recommened) and im heading down a busy street, flanked on both sides by forest preserves. come to a light and an integra, green on, pulls up next to me. young guy driving, well the light turns green, and i just cruise up to speed (late at night, no cat, no mufflers, just pipes back from the headers so very loud until cruising speeds) well then integra gets on it a little from 30. so i look over, count to three on my fingers and give it some. my boost gauge shows only 2 psi and i left him so far behind it was laughable. barely tapped the pedal and smoked this probably stock integra.
guy was nice though, thumbs up and asked me about my car and everything. been awhile since i ran into someone actually nice while racing.
sorry about the long post, ive been without my camaro for almost three months.
Old 01-12-2008, 10:41 AM
11 Second Club

I wish my car had that whining sound...sounds fun
Old 01-12-2008, 11:38 AM
Teching In

my procahrger is loud as sin especially with the four inch cowl hood. the car was going to be a sleeper...then i went a little nuts with it and threw that out the window. got to be a little loud.
Old 01-13-2008, 08:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

sounds like uve had a couple of good kills since you got ur car back. Read poth posts lol but i like the other one better.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:03 AM
Teching In

i like the second one too lol, just because i had never beaten him before. i just wish it was broken in so i could have really gotten on it, and there wont be rumors around here that with everything i put in it barely beat that WS6.
the one advantage to living in a crowded suburb not far from chicago...tons of cars to race, even in winter. sadly its started very lightly snowing, so the covers on for a day or two now.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

must be nice u havent had ur car for only 3 months lol i bought mine a year ago drove it about a dozen times within a month then had and accident and said might as well start modding so its been 4 hours away from me for the last 7 months. I've only seen it for 12 hours and drove it 15 mins in 7 months . I do have to say congrats to you on your new mods and look forward to hearing some more stories from you.