Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Zo6 vs 03 Cobra(s) vs foxbody w/N2O vs 99WS6 H/C/Intake

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008 | 08:39 PM
11 Second Club

Default Zo6 vs 03 Cobra(s) vs foxbody w/N2O vs 99WS6 H/C/Intake

none mine but I'll share some good races. all roll runs aprox. 1/8th mile

First off, Zo6 vs pewter 03 Cobra

Z06 is stock with rookie driver. The Cobra has a exhaust otherwise unknown. The Cobra wins by atleast 2 cars and rolls back through asking if everyone saw the train Later found out the newb in the vette had traction control on. A couple of us offered to drive it for him but the vette still hung close considering.

Second, 99WS6 vs blue 03 Cobra(exhaust and pulley)

They both spun and the WS6 took the early lead but missed 3rd. Somehow managed to get it in and still beat the Cobra by a car.

Third and Final, 90?GT mustang with cam, exhaust, intake and 100shot vs blue 03 Cobra

Close race, the Cobra spun bad(wheel hopped so bad you could see the lights shake up and down) . They stayed even while the Cobra spun but when he caught traction he won by a car.

While I wasn't in any of the races my friends talked up 2 races for me(one with the WS6 and another with a 97 procharged Cobra). Now I haven't accepted either race as I haven't said a word...but I'm contemplating both as I like a challenge.
Old 01-13-2008 | 08:44 PM
TECH Regular

When you say pewter 03 Cobra you mean like a Grey or like a goldish color? There are no pewter Cobra's which is why I ask, unless you mean grey/gunmetal.
Old 01-13-2008 | 08:53 PM
On The Tree

what were the mods on the t/a
Old 01-14-2008 | 08:45 PM
11 Second Club

It was at night so I couldn't really tell but goldish color more than gray. The T/A had LS6 heads and intake, cam, and exhaust. Said he was making 420 to the wheels. Also said his syncros were going out in 3rd. If that were the case he shouldn't have been running...but hey he still won.
Old 01-15-2008 | 11:17 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by speedshifterNC
It was at night so I couldn't really tell but goldish color more than gray. The T/A had LS6 heads and intake, cam, and exhaust. Said he was making 420 to the wheels. Also said his syncros were going out in 3rd. If that were the case he shouldn't have been running...but hey he still won.
Why not? If they're going out, it's time for a rebuild or new tranny anyways, so might as well drive it into the ground! Whoops, unless he's rebuilding and wants to salvage working parts .

Cool races, but what year was the Z06? If it was a C5, then the Cobra didn't necessarily have to have a lot done to it since the Z06 driver sucked, but if it was a C6, then even with the bad driver mod, the Cobra probably had at least bolt-ons and a pulley (or two). Just speculative, of course.
Old 01-15-2008 | 04:46 PM
11 Second Club

It was a C5 and probably hasn't been broke in yet. The reason I said the guy in the Trans Am shouldn't have been out there is because he was driving from an hour away and if he really messed something up he would've been screwed.
Old 01-15-2008 | 07:33 PM
11 Second Club

I used to say just run it till it dies but it did and that wasn't fun trying to drive home with just 4th gear...whats bad is I didn't even miss it had just had enough
Old 01-16-2008 | 04:36 PM
11 Second Club

I'm wondering if I should tune my car first or run these guys untuned. Don't want to give them any more excuses but it would be nice to have the extra power.