Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Figure 8 Race

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008 | 09:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sparetire
1)
New parts can definitely net people more HP. Not just back to where they were new, but beyond that. Ever hear of port matching? You can bolt up a B18 intake mani to a B16 head on a B20 block and you just made a much stronger motor than any of those three with 100% OEM Honda parts. You can take an oem 2g dsm ex. mani and a die grinder and get a few HP easy. You can extrude hone most inatke manis and get some more power. Just port matching intake manis to their gaskets will help in some cases. Going to a stock 02 "LS1" intake will certanly help a 98. Whos to say the guy did not do some basic porting and use updated OEM parts? Shoot my DSM is almost totaly built up with OEM parts from various makes and models and I am about 100WHP over stock. The non-oem parts are not adding any power anyway, just relaibility.

You bench racers really ought to think a bit and learn something before calling people you know nothing about morons for working on platforms you know nothing about in situations you dont understand.

2)
This thread is lamer than the time lame went to lame town.

3)
WTF? Just race the guy. And to ask us how much of a chace you have without telling us the size of the damn 8 track (did you even ask?) is pointless. If is a 400 Yard strait you will be able to use strait line power more. If it's a 100 yard strait it might be a bit different. Any predicitions not taking this into account are useless. Any predictions more specific than what I just typed are probably BS without more info.
All you have talked about is upgrading, lik oem to a better oem. The OP was definetly talking about taking same exact parts stock for stock, year for year make for mak,e and just getting ones that did not have the miles on them..... And if he was not, or now will use your post to hide his embaressment in your reason. He still needs to learn to write what he means better.

Quick Reply: Figure 8 Race