Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

6.0 GTO vs 1999 Trans Am.

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 01:09 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 6.0 GTO vs 1999 Trans Am.

Last weekend I had this dream:

I was on my way to check my email at some place with public computers because my laptop took a ****.

Driving along, I look at my side mirror and noticed a gray Porsche and red 6.0 GTO behind him. The Porsche gets in front of me so I move to the right lane. With his lane open, the GTO starts barrelling down passing us all. I hit it with him maybe 1 1/2 in front but could not catch him.
At this point, I'm wondering if this is gonna be one of those races when no one hits it at the same time....

The GTO slows down to an approaching orange light and I follow suit. At the red light, I lower my window and tell him that a dig race is in effect and he nods with one of those big "I'm-gonna-embarrass-you" type of smiles.
I'm excite as **** because I haven't had a dig race in a while, still nervous though, because I had just installed ET streets on the car the day prior and didn't know how they would react on the street.

A few seconds later, traffic behind us is catching up. The Porsche pulls on the right lane along with traffic behind us. I scan out front and behind me for unwanted attention from certain people in uniform and notice the older guy driving the Porsche checking out my car, along with some people behind us smiling and probably talking about what they had just witnessed with these two cars that are now at the light.

Seems like hours, and I hear the GTO bringing his RPMs up. My mind is going crazy now: should I bring the RPMs up or should just hit it (like I do at the track)?

Before I could make up my mind, the light turns green and we both hit it. His tires chipped once and he was off, while my car lost traction like a dumb ***, so I had to get off it and roll it out. By like 110MPH he had around 3 cars on me... LS1....

He slows down, I catch up, roll my window down and ask him what he had done. He yells: "Cam, headers or heads?, exhaust..something, something...".
This time, at around 35mph we both hit it. We're dead even until 60mph, I then pull maybe half a car to like 70MPH then he gains it back FAST. Ran to 110-115mph, he had around 2 cars on me.

Regardless of the outcome, I had fun and a big smile driving home.

Then I woke up.

I know it was long, so he are the cliff notes:

Run # 1: Dig run.
0-110mph. GTO takes the cake by 3 cars while the Trans Am eats **** frosting.

Run #2: Roll run.
35-115mph. GTO takes it again by about 2 cars.

-Mods on my car: Cam, bolt ons, 3600 stall, M/T et street DRs.

-Mods on the 6.0 GTO: Cam, don't know if he said headers or heads, Exhaust and some other **** I couldn't hear.
But obviously enough to leave wondering whether my car is a decently quick street car or just a ******* figment of my imagination.

Thanks for reading.