Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Got called out, requesting some info

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008 | 11:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

you will hes full of **** the new mustangs with those mods ive seen put down 275rwhp and that was through a stick
Old 01-20-2008 | 11:26 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 96ta
you will hes full of **** the new mustangs with those mods ive seen put down 275rwhp and that was through a stick
Umm no you didn't. Unless the dyno was about to break or some ****. I personally have never seen or heard an exhaust/tune/cai S197 go under 290rwhp except once on a MD known to show numbers that are way under.
Old 01-20-2008 | 11:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

I think you should be okay...granted I have never driven a stahled Camaro.

I have an 01WS6 with a lid,K&N,Loudmouh,smog legal headers, ORY, and some suspension and on street tires I take a local guy in an 05 GT A5 with every bolton you can imagine besides a blower.Hes got pulleys, stall,LTs,fulle exhaust, intake, just everything...and ofcourse was running his mouth and did the old looser fly-by after I worked that stang.
Old 01-20-2008 | 12:18 PM
Launching!

With his mods if he has the stock 331 gears considering he has a stall ,he should be in the nieghborhood of 12.80's.with 410's 12.60's at best.If he even has a stall.
Old 01-20-2008 | 12:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I am really dissapointed with the S197 tuners like Saleen and Roush and even the factory cars like the Shelby GT and GT500. IMO Turbo would be the only way to go, it seems like tuners like HP Performance are getting much bigger #'s at the same boost levels with turbo's.
Old 01-20-2008 | 12:32 PM
TECH Regular

If he has the mods that he says, intake, exhaust, and a stall, you will have a slight advantatge. It would guess that it would be pretty close though. What I would do in your case is make sure that you have all of the weight out of the car that you don't really need, and can remove easily. Spare tire/jack, 1/4 tank of gas, floor mats, maybe backseat, etc. If you haven't taken this stuff out yet it can make a slight difference from a full weight car, which could be the determining factor.
Old 01-20-2008 | 12:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

sounds like you both have low 13 sec cars. just race and outdrive him.
Old 01-20-2008 | 12:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Old 01-20-2008 | 12:55 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by germeezy1
I am really dissapointed with the S197 tuners like Saleen and Roush and even the factory cars like the Shelby GT and GT500. IMO Turbo would be the only way to go, it seems like tuners like HP Performance are getting much bigger #'s at the same boost levels with turbo's.
there are way to many prob with the hp kits, the best kits for the s197 are hellion and powerhouse, and sts. even though i personally dont like the sts so much.
Old 01-20-2008 | 12:57 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 96ta

you have not! when i only had, underdrive pullys, cai,exhaust and a tune i put down 310rwhp!
Old 01-20-2008 | 01:07 PM
Teching In

you should have this one, not gonna be a slaughter, but this guy obviously doesnt know what he is talking about. 380rwhp...he might have that with a 75 shot, but that would be lucky.
Old 01-20-2008 | 01:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

^^^^ Don't ever take off that cervinis kit that things sick and it sets your stang apart from all the regular everyday GTs. Looks awesome

Originally Posted by fastGBcamaro
If he has the mods that he says, intake, exhaust, and a stall, you will have a slight advantatge. It would guess that it would be pretty close though. What I would do in your case is make sure that you have all of the weight out of the car that you don't really need, and can remove easily. Spare tire/jack, 1/4 tank of gas, floor mats, maybe backseat, etc. If you haven't taken this stuff out yet it can make a slight difference from a full weight car, which could be the determining factor.
No need to even bother removing all that **** unless you suck at driving. But you do have an A4 so i guess you're basically just steering
Old 01-20-2008 | 01:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by brian06eleanor
you have not! when i only had, underdrive pullys, cai,exhaust and a tune i put down 310rwhp!
Dyno #'s are relative to a lot of different factors (dyno, altitude, tire pressure, outside temp. ext.). I would say that 310 rwhp would be a more realistic expectation w/ those mods, but w/ the wrong conditions it is concievable that a gt that was a "runt" from the factory under less than ideal conditions could dyno that low. Example: My stock TA dynoed 278rwhp. 2 days later it was fully bolted (LTs, exhaust, induction, pulley, ext) and dynoed 332 rwhp under similar conditions. It was a dog from the factory, but once it could breath it was respectable. However, 275rwhp w/ a bolt on stang is pretty damn low (but not impossible).
Old 01-20-2008 | 01:16 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by landonew
Dyno #'s are relative to a lot of different factors (dyno, altitude, tire pressure, outside temp. ext.). I would say that 310 rwhp would be a more realistic expectation w/ those mods, but w/ the wrong conditions it is concievable that a gt that was a "runt" from the factory under less than ideal conditions could dyno that low. Example: My stock TA dynoed 278rwhp. 2 days later it was fully bolted (LTs, exhaust, induction, pulley, ext) and dynoed 332 rwhp under similar conditions. It was a dog from the factory, but once it could breath it was respectable. However, 275rwhp w/ a bolt on stang is pretty damn low (but not impossible).
ya i could c it being that low on a mustang dyno, or if the motor was not broken in and maybe had a loose motor, im just saying that on avg. with a reg gt, those numbers are very low.
Old 01-20-2008 | 01:17 PM
Teching In

[QUOTE=Super28Sport;8531206]^^^^ Don't ever take off that cervinis kit that things sick and it sets your stang apart from all the regular everyday GTs. Looks awesome

thanks alot man. i wont ever take it off. if i was worried about strictly go fast and weight i would be drivin a coupe or ls1 rx7.
Old 01-20-2008 | 01:23 PM
11 Second Club

Yeah... 380 HP though a stalled-auto stang with his mods is bullshit.

Rape him.
Old 01-20-2008 | 01:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

there are way to many prob with the hp kits, the best kits for the s197 are hellion and powerhouse, and sts. even though i personally dont like the sts so much.

I was really close to buying a S197 GT because I got dealer pricing, but I was really discouraged by the aftermarket choices. And I could never do an STS kit, if I can't do front mount than I would wait until I could.
Old 01-20-2008 | 02:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

ya i could c it being that low on a mustang dyno, or if the motor was not broken in and maybe had a loose motor, im just saying that on avg. with a reg gt, those numbers are very low.
Completely agree. In fact, I would say with those modifications an average car w/ normal conditions (even on a mustang dyno) would be minimum 300-310. The new generation GTs are a lot stouter than the they were in previous generations, but i think that the old stigma is still in alot of people's minds. Not to mention, this is a chevy forum and a lot of guys fall victim (myself included at times) to the idea that ford's power plant is inferior to GMs. I do have a lot more respect for ford's power plant after getting my *** handed to me by a GT (far from stock) the other day. I mean i used to think that you guy's needed a power adder to hang w/ an ls1, but from all apearences this guy was NA. Can someone fill me in on the differences between the two (new body style and old body style)? I too (for the most part) am ford iliterate!
Old 01-20-2008 | 02:41 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by germeezy1
I was really close to buying a S197 GT because I got dealer pricing, but I was really discouraged by the aftermarket choices. And I could never do an STS kit, if I can't do front mount than I would wait until I could.
def. i love my front mount and would not change it if i could but for mods you just were not looking in the right places i guess. i would say there is about as much aftermarket for the 3v motors as there is for the ls2 motors or more.
Old 01-20-2008 | 02:46 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by landonew
Completely agree. In fact, I would say with those modifications an average car w/ normal conditions (even on a mustang dyno) would be minimum 300-310. The new generation GTs are a lot stouter than the they were in previous generations, but i think that the old stigma is still in alot of people's minds. Not to mention, this is a chevy forum and a lot of guys fall victim (myself included at times) to the idea that ford's power plant is inferior to GMs. I do have a lot more respect for ford's power plant after getting my *** handed to me by a GT (far from stock) the other day. I mean i used to think that you guy's needed a power adder to hang w/ an ls1, but from all apearences this guy was NA. Can someone fill me in on the differences between the two (new body style and old body style)? I too (for the most part) am ford iliterate!
wow the diff would take forever. but long story short the 05+ mustang is superior in almost every way except for weight to the 99-04s

they have a 3v powerplant compared to a 2v which brethes 2x as good so respond to mods alot better espcially boost. your avg 2v stang will make around 240whp stock a 3v will make 275. but when you start modding you notice the biggedt diff. a bolt on 2v will be in the 270rwhp area a bolt-on 3v will be in the 320rwhp area. apply boost. and most of the 2v will max out around 420rwhp and hafta use 11+psi to get there. there are alotta 3v that will make 500rwhp with the same boost. but thats the short of it.

Quick Reply: Got called out, requesting some info