Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

pwned 3000gt

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 12:47 AM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 30thanniversaryz
Good kill, but . At 60 with 3.23s you'd be about 15mph into 2nd gear. No way you spun.
With 2.73's, you shift out of first gear at ~37 mph. With 3.23's, if you went WOT at 60 mph, you'd probably be at 4000+ rpm's. You'd be screaming. A 4,000 rpm downshift and wet roads - it's easy to imagine tire spin, especially on 245 street tires.
Old 01-24-2008, 05:20 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JHL88
it is a vr4 he thinks hes the ****. thinks he'll beat ANYONE in a bracket race lol im like cmon dude..
he can beat ANYONE in a bracket race? i'd take him up on that offer in a underpowered automatic car that won't spin the tires. bet my times are more consistent.
Old 01-24-2008, 05:30 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LT1SC95Z
my dads got an SL model. and he had a vette, but he got into an accident in the vette. so out came the LS1, and into the 3000GT it goes. hows that for a sleeper?
got any pictures? my buddy was wanting to do that but i didn't think it was possible. did he do a RWD conversion? just curious, it will at least give him hope. thanks.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:21 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by g-ryde1

Dont knock the guys hustle man, I can spin my tires at 60 w/stock gears and the mods in my sig, no tuning!
hahaha, ok get an f-in clue man... lay off 30thanniversaryz ... unless you've got the $60 corner-store special tires, you shouldnt be spinning them in your basically stock, automatic car anywhere near that speed...

i really do wonder about some of you guys, and why you find it so cool to spin your tires... I mean, does it make you feel like more of a man?? someday, when your car ISN'T pathetically slow, you'll understand that its a whole lot more fun to hook, than to spin

maybe i should put some cheapo Pep-boys tires on my car - then i can strut my **** around LS1Tech, talking about how i can spin my tires at 150mph! *str8 tough guy style*
Old 01-24-2008, 10:44 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SonofaBish
hahaha, ok get an f-in clue man... lay off 30thanniversaryz ... unless you've got the $60 corner-store special tires, you shouldnt be spinning them in your basically stock, automatic car anywhere near that speed...

i really do wonder about some of you guys, and why you find it so cool to spin your tires... I mean, does it make you feel like more of a man?? someday, when your car ISN'T pathetically slow, you'll understand that its a whole lot more fun to hook, than to spin

maybe i should put some cheapo Pep-boys tires on my car - then i can strut my **** around LS1Tech, talking about how i can spin my tires at 150mph! *str8 tough guy style*
I don't really think the OP was swinging his dick around about spinning his tires. He's just telling the story. It doesn't take a whole lot to spin when it's wet out. You're the only one that came in here shitting all over everyone else and bumping your chest about your ride.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:32 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ballhawkdawk
I don't really think the OP was swinging his dick around about spinning his tires. He's just telling the story. It doesn't take a whole lot to spin when it's wet out. You're the only one that came in here shitting all over everyone else and bumping your chest about your ride.
reading>u
my response was to g-ryde1, not the OP .... & i haven't bumped my chest about my car... the reference to my car was a sarcastic response ....
Old 01-24-2008, 02:10 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Chill guys

With gears, intake and full exhaust, I can only spin my tires at 30 mph. I can't do it at 25 mph, it has to be 30 mph to be in the right chunk of the powerband. I've never chirped a 1-2 shift or anything like that, either I have nice 275's out the back with good tread on them, though.

However, I've never gone WOT on wet roads. I imagine a stock car on stock 245's with less than desirable tread on them could do it, but I don't intend to find out anytime soon.

Anything's possible with wet roads and crappy, bald tires on the street. I bet I could spin 'em at 100 with icy roads
Old 01-25-2008, 02:19 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
Anything's possible with wet roads and crappy, bald tires on the street. I bet I could spin 'em at 100 with icy roads
I'm nervous just to hit double digits when it's icy out. It snowed here a few days ago and I was at my girlfriend's house. We were both hungry, so we decided to go to the grocery store. Just for ***** and giggles I figured we'd take my car... we made it about 100 yards in 10 minutes. We went back to her house and took her mom's Corolla. That econo POS was ripping around all over. At that point I realized just how bad F-bods are in the snow.
Old 01-25-2008, 03:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Default oh really SonofaBish

Oh man another internet tough guy, holy **** bro im not sayin I smoke the **** out of my tires, yes they will break loose. Im sorry my "pathetic" car wont stand up to your "GODLY" turbo T/A. my bad if I offended you. AND TRUST ME I do know a little bit about hooking up on the street so if youd like to hop off my nuts now I'd appreciate it THNX.

let me tell you a lil bout me i dont smoke my tires to look cool unless im getting new ones. I dont find it cool that i smoke my tires in a race, cause thats a bad start for me on the street

[/QUOTE]

Maybe you should and I guess you could join us lesser folk

Im sorry my DR's aren't $60 cornerstore specials, pathetically slow? suck a dick hoe, im sorry mine isnt a turbo T/A, and yes my DR's arent brand new and when said loss of traction occurred they were a little on the bald side

But here, allow me fix your post for you
Originally Posted by SonofaBish
reading>u
my response was to g-ryde1, not the OP .... & i have bumped my chest about my piece of ****... the reference to my piece of **** was not a sarcastic response .... I truly meant my car was better than his
whether you said it or not this is what you meant plz have a nice cup of STFU on me
Im normally not a dick but you sir are an *******

Last edited by g-ryde1; 01-25-2008 at 03:32 AM. Reason: no im not sorry
Old 01-25-2008, 08:00 AM
TECH Regular

you have only made yourself look like an idiot - ur post sounds like something a 9th grader would say...

my response was in no way an attempt to say my car was better than yours.... never did i say my car was 'godly' - however, since you've "changed my response" to reflect these things, I appreciate the compliments!
Old 01-25-2008, 08:07 AM
TECH Regular

Man guys I never thought spinning @ 60 on a wet road would stir up so much. I do have 245 goodyears that will need replacement in a few thousand but guys it only spun enough to feel it and it wasn't enough to make me start to think about lifting. My car is tuned and I have some other stuff but I like to keep ppl guessing round here so I don't list it. Lets just say I try to look as stock as possible.

We're all on the same side guys
Old 01-25-2008, 08:15 AM
TECH Regular

its all good brother!
Old 01-25-2008, 09:46 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Lickeyman
Man guys I never thought spinning @ 60 on a wet road would stir up so much. I do have 245 goodyears that will need replacement in a few thousand but guys it only spun enough to feel it and it wasn't enough to make me start to think about lifting. My car is tuned and I have some other stuff but I like to keep ppl guessing round here so I don't list it. Lets just say I try to look as stock as possible.

We're all on the same side guys
That's bullshit. You didn't spin at all. You don't have a tune. And you don't have a Z28. Stop lying to us...
Old 01-26-2008, 02:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i agree lickeyman neither did I, but once again congrats and sonofabish youre welcome, ill keep my comments to myself, and ballhawkdawk thanks for the comic relief
Old 01-27-2008, 11:56 PM
Teching In

by the way jason you didnt smoke my ****....you werent that far in front of me..next time we'll go from a 35 roll or a stop
Old 01-28-2008, 03:46 PM
TECH Regular

Are you sure you wanna go from a stop????
Old 01-28-2008, 03:51 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by Arc00TA
Okay lets clear up some facts here, BASE or SL not both. Base is a sohc 6G72 with around 170 bhp. The SL comes with a DOHC 6G72 good for around 220 bhp.
The VR4 is a twin turbo DOHC that is somewhat underrated, but figure around 300 at the crank.The non turbo fwd models are extremely slow and heavy, especially the SL with all the goodies of the VR4 but not the power and AWD. This is not the same as the stealths because it was possible to get the lightest weight base model ES with the DOHC motor so it wasn't quite as bad. Regardless, all of the fwd non turbo cars would be lucky to duck into high 15s especially since most are poorly maintained any more. I have owned 6 of these cars and it is one of my favorites, my last one was a 92 VR4 that consistently ran mid 12s with the stock turbos and nothing major done to it.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the DOHC 222hp 3.0 the standard motor for a while? I know there were a few years where the 160hp SOHC 3.0 wasn't available, just don't remember if it was 91-93, or 94+...
Old 01-28-2008, 04:27 PM
11 Second Club

1999 still had the 160hp boat. It was the model under the SL. BUT...in its time it was a great looking car that handled well.
Old 01-28-2008, 04:34 PM
***Repost Police***

Ok, just did a little research and the SOHC 3.0 wasn't available in the 3000GT until '97 (when the Stealth was discontinued). So from '91-'96, the "base" model and the SL both had the DOHC 222hp 3.0
Old 01-28-2008, 05:18 PM
Teching In

yes im sure i want to go from a stop, smell my rich fuel brother