Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

1 kill and a near death count for mine

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 09:49 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by midblue91
Are you serious, your wife knows shes out of her league with her mach1...I know this is a chevy site, but please show no respect to 4 valvers, i dont own a 4 v or an LS1, but my buddys have had them all, im a foxbody guy if im racing, a mach 1 may only be 281 cubes, but lets face it, an ls1 wont make even close to the power per cube a 4v will, hence a 4v will make just as much rwhp with the same mods....short of modding the internals, it has the ability to make more power....especially power adder to power adder, especially boost, a stock untouched 4v 281 can do 600+rwhp and 600+rwtq on a stock engine with a kenne bell or whipple....give me a break
ford guy telling you to wake up dude. mach 1 and a 03/04 cobra share the same heads thats it. no way in hell is stock bottom end mach1 gonna make anywhere near 600+ to the tire. and the hp per ltr argument is worthless. stock for stock mach1 and a ls1 are a drivers race. if you go n/a to n/a the cubes that the lsx family of motors are capable of with a good set of aftermarket heads is gonna own a mach1. the modular motor family love boost. and due to centerline bore issues they cant be poked and stroked enough to even make running them n/a really worth it in my opinion unless your going for a stripped down gutted race car.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:52 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Arc00TA
Nice runs, and I have a question for the stang guys. I was talking to a dude with am 04 GT the other night and he was showing me he had a switch in his dash to change the tune. How does that work? I wish I could have a gas mileage tune and a performance at the flip of a switch.
My gt had a sct flip switch that allowed me to go from my n/a tune to my nitrous tune. not really sure how it worked but it did. car ran like sh*t on the nitrous tune unless i was spraying.
Old 01-30-2008, 12:19 PM
11 Second Club

Highest non forged 4v motor that I know of was Brian Bradford. 98 Chrome Yellow cobra with an S-trim at 19lbs made 603rwhp and went 10.51. It was the poster child of MJS chips. Tried to up the boost more and made a threw a rod. The car was rebuilt raced a few times then parted out.

Good kill to the OP. I might swap heads to that of a Mach 1 and go LS1 hunting.

-Mark
Old 02-01-2008, 01:37 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bitemark46
Highest non forged 4v motor that I know of was Brian Bradford. 98 Chrome Yellow cobra with an S-trim at 19lbs made 603rwhp and went 10.51. It was the poster child of MJS chips. Tried to up the boost more and made a threw a rod. The car was rebuilt raced a few times then parted out.

Good kill to the OP. I might swap heads to that of a Mach 1 and go LS1 hunting.

-Mark
Back in 1999 I saw a stock 98 cobra motor taking a lot of boost from a supercharger and an aftermarket fuel management system run mid 9's. But I don't know what the HP was since it was in what looked to be a VERY light LX Fox body. And he did split the block on his 6th pass... but he was shifting at 8000 rpm.
Old 02-01-2008, 04:06 PM
On The Tree

split the block. thats rare. mod motor blocks very rarely fail.