Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

03 STI vs. 400 rwhp WS6 who would win?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2003, 06:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: 03 STI vs. 400 rwhp WS6 who would win?

You people are always complianing when we want to do it from a roll. That car is not designed to be a highway monster(although it could be with the right setup). You are comparing a lightly modded ls1 vs a stock STI. How long do you think it takes to get use to one? Give it time I'm sure with the bpu upgrades it should hit low 12's to high 11's.
Old 07-16-2003, 09:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Not sure what the mystery is here. We have a car that puts out an advertised 300fwhp (which is a little conservative in some cases, but you have to like some detonation - reference Fess up about STi det problems!! for more) vs. a car (per the original question) that makes 400 rwhp. Car A is maybe 100-150lbs lighter than car B. Car A gets great traction (if launched properly at the expense of drivetrain) and is geared a bit more aggressively. So, the conclusion is that if car B can get traction off the line its pretty much an ***-whippin' if you're running a 1/4-mile.
I'm dumb (actually I'm a "retard" since I'm on LS1Tech ), but I'm not thinking that the physics change when you're an import or you have a turbo...
Old 07-18-2003, 11:44 PM
Teching In

thanks for the motivation! Now that I have my car back he wont run me...punk...Id like to destroy him...But owell...maybe in a week or so...
Old 07-20-2003, 04:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Since when has a 13.0-13.5 at 104+ been slow. If it where a stock ls1 vs a 400hp vette, none of you would be calling the ls1 slow. You guys are ungrateful dicks. Show some respect sometimes.
Cant talk for the other guys here in this thread, but im not cracking on the new STi, in fact, i actually like them. The adjustable VCD, IC water spray, and all the other gadgets it has on it show how they didnt cut corners on the car, and as far as how it corners, its outstanding. But i will (and the owner of the STi i raced) will tell you, that his very BPU 2002 WRX was a lot faster. That car is MAYBE a 13.5 second car in the 1/4. But you have to understand, thats what my car was made for, and not what the STi was made for.
Old 07-20-2003, 04:39 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wouldn't call anyone here a dick for speaking thier opinion it is a free country this is LS1 TECH not Import Tech so leave everyone's opinion alone they are slower than most of the cars I know of so I do not see why you are so offened 25 PSI. You would not call the guys at Road and Track Dicks if they said it could be faster or it was a little slow! Oh well just thought you were being a turd.
Old 07-20-2003, 05:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

How do you figure it is slower than most of the stock cars out today. The car runs low 13's! Same as an ls1, faster than a cobra(stock),and only a few tenths slower than a vette. And since it is turbo, how hard to you think it would be to hit low 12's high 11's? There are already STI's running high 11's with bolt on's.

And I don't think Car and Driver would call it slow either. Why do you think they compared the EVO and STI against the Z06 and other high powered cars? Don't you see more and more 4cyl. are becoming more powerful. They have always been out, just not in the states. And I do recall MotorTrend comparing an EvoVII to a TransAM and declaring the evo& the winner in all categories.

Most of the 260+hp 4 cyl. cars have been out since the early 90's.

And yes I do refer people with closed, narrow minds DICKS. If you can't respect others for what they are, then you are one 2.

Old 07-20-2003, 06:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

interesting thread ..i raced a bone stock wrx ..dealer plates and all in my stock 3'73 geard stang and he put a good car and half on the launch but after 2nd i put a good 5-6 cars on him ..they are no match for a ls1 or mustang for that matter yes they launch but if anyone bought that car to drag race there just plain stupid ...there wuick but no match for a american v8 peace
Old 07-20-2003, 07:43 PM
FormerVendor

No guys, look at the big picture. They buy these factory blown ricers to pick on their other ricer friends. I'm sorry ricers. It is my opinion, but I would not brag on my car if I needed a turbo to make it fast. Get your little vtec's or whatever, and race other vtecs. Please do not try to compare an N/A car to a blown one.
Old 07-20-2003, 08:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you can't respect others for what they are, then you are one 2.
Sounds like your being a bit hypocritical. You should respect us and our opinions for being "close minded" domestic fans. So I guess you can come be a dick with all of us!
Old 07-20-2003, 08:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Man what are you talking about. 4cyl. powered cars have been thriving since the early 90's. We are just now getting some of the cars that everyone one else has for over a decade. Ok can you answer this question? Why is it that the camaro and transam are gone, but other cars such as the evo,sti,silvia, and others are making a huge impact across the globe. This isn't the 60' 70's or even the 80's, no one whats what the US is offering. Don't say its a money factor cuz its not, these car are 30,000+. The cars listed offer just as much performance, handling, braking, hp potential than any US made car.

American's are the only ones praising high powered, cubic inch motors. Everyone else has found ways of making huge power from smaller motors. The fact that Lingenfelter and others have fallen into the import seen, should let you know things are changing.

Why cant you compare na/turbo 4 cyl. The cfm comparison is basically the same. Why are there regulation for v8's vs 4cyl turbo?

Are you upset becuase most of the 4cyl turbo cars are faster stock than what you have to offer. STI,EVO,NEON,SILVIA,MR2,COSWORTH, etc all run low 13's(except neon) over 103-106mph. Whoa big deal if the vette is .3-.5 sec faster and 7 mph faster. Of course it is America's flagship of performance. It should be.

What happen to MTI's stroker(700) camaro vs eclipse, hennessy's viper vs supra, Cheexfrog civic(full interior) vs low 10 sec viper) man I can go on and on. The point is, anything you have we can beat. Is been proven.

Old 07-20-2003, 09:02 PM
TECH Addict

The point is, anything you have we can beat.
Who's we? People who own Japanese cars?
Old 07-20-2003, 09:25 PM
On The Tree

25 psi,, what are you doing on a domestic website if you say anything you have can beat us????? and why are you complaining and taking offense because guys said that an sti is slow,,, go find some stupid rice burner site,, or as i call them "pissed off weed eaters" because they sound retarted, high pitched, and just plain gay like you
Old 07-20-2003, 09:26 PM
Stu
TECH Resident

If a 400 horse Pontiac doesnt beat a 03 STI then you get booted from LS1Tech. Its a rule. I dont make these things up.
Old 07-20-2003, 11:27 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

American's are the only ones praising high powered, cubic inch motors. Everyone else has found ways of making huge power from smaller motors.
German V8 muscle is pushing 4dr luxo sedans to mid 12 second et's. Last supercar I knew of sporting a forced induction 4cyl was a Lotus Esprit. What's it got now??? Ahh, exactly. Big cubes = big grunt, now, now, now... not eh, wait a second, er, oh! now! [turbo kicked in, but I just got my *** handed to me]. :p
Old 07-21-2003, 02:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why are there regulation for v8's vs 4cyl turbo?
He's got a point. I'd never compare an n/a 4banger to a v8.

4cyl. powered cars have been thriving since the early 90's
If low-displacement, high boost 4bangers are the greatest cars currently on the earth, why is almost every supercar a large-displacement, 8+ cylinder engine? When is the last time Ferrarri, Lambo, or Porsche made a 4banger that was considered a standard-raising supercar?

Nobody likes you man. Go away.
Old 07-21-2003, 06:08 AM
FormerVendor

25PSI, we as Americans get to say what power is. The almighty big *** motor was around way before tiny ricer motors that cram every ci they have in them with a turbocharger. Don't even try to say everything we have you can beat for these 2 reasons:

1: You are us, not them. Simply put, if you are American, you are us.

2:American muscle gets way faster than a Lingenfelter car son. Top fuel dragsters, homemade dragsters, and other fast cars are all American muscle running 8 seconds or less in the 1/4 for much much much cheaper than a 4 cylinder piece of **** with a 'GREDDY SUPER CATBACK EVO', or a turbo pushing way more boost than the tiny motors can sustain over a period of time.

3: I'm adding a 3rd cuz I want to. Slap a turbo, or supercharger on a Vette or Viper or what have you, you have just made this car even faster. If you want to compare stock motors under boost, then you have to compare a boosted V8 to a boosted VTEC or whatever. Not a boosted VTEC to an N/A V8. V8's simply produce more power under N/A to N/A or boosted to boosted.

I don't even want to hear about a Supra putting down 1500HP so save your breath as there are American V8s the paut down more than double and triple that. From dragsters to monster trucks to tractor pulls, None of the run ******* Honda motors, so please shutup and go to a ricer site and talk about how you beat Z28's, TAs, Vettes, Vipers, and whatever other lies you have.

Come up with some more stupid witty **** so I can put you down again.

If you do reply with something dumb, I want you to also put the finances involved in your super Honda on here so we know that you know what you're talking about.

OWNED
Old 07-21-2003, 06:33 AM
FormerVendor

I'll answer your questions here. Camaro's and Transams are out of production due to these reasons:

1: GM has the Corvette as it's primary sports car, along with the XLR, and soon to be GTO.

2: Sales dipped on thes cars for these reasons:
a)Stupid ***** spend $10,000 on a piece of **** Honda, and put a muffler and intake on it and think it's fast. It's really a shame that the youth of America had a part in the fall of real sports cars. They think they can beat V8's with $200 worth of crap. This proves they are, once again, ******* stupid.

b)Old people and Such purchasing SUV's. They simply make more money on these than Camaro's and TransAms.

One day I hope, when your old, you'll say "what the **** was I thinking? I tried to pick up chicks with a Honda Civic that had some ugly *** stickers on the side. My car Only booked for $200, and nobody wanted to buy it from me after I blew up the VTEC under 25lbs of boost. I had over $10,000 in that cute little car that did not bring up the value of the actual car. I wish I bought a real car so that I could actually get laid once in a while by an intelligent girl who wasn't in high school. **** I wish I bought an LS1"

OWNED.

Thriving since the early 90's. **** V8's have thrived much longer and still do. Think before you make yourself a fool on a public website that you have no business on. No one here likes, or agrees with you.

I want everyone out there to take a stand against ricers. Are they fast? **** *** NO. I can't wait to see your replies.
Old 07-21-2003, 09:05 AM
TECH Addict

Went to go look at an STi today. It looks good in real life. Pics dont say half of it.
It was black..aaah sweet. The mark-up was 10,000!!!! The dealer also said he gets 2 a month and sells them with 5 days of getting them.

It sure looks like a neet car. No test drives though
Old 07-21-2003, 09:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Damn what dealership did you go to. I know there is a waiting list, but no mark up here. Someone on the board just bought one for 35,000.
Old 07-21-2003, 09:25 AM
TECH Addict

Bob Baker Subaru in carlsbad.
HAHA i had fun with the sales guy. He offered me 24 for my car. I asked him the CR, boost setting and abou tthe water sprayer. LAF he didnt know anything so he just handed me a catalog.

My brother has a '03 WRX with some boltons...fun car to drive. He wants in Sti now so we are going back in a few days.

id hate to say it but i still disagree with all of you that think that its no match for the LS1.
I posted a street race story a while ago with a Stock LS1 racing a STi from a 40 roll, and we were DEAD even to 85-90MPH. The cars arent slow....i cant wait till some of you run into them on the street

Quick Reply: 03 STI vs. 400 rwhp WS6 who would win?