Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

03 STI vs. 400 rwhp WS6 who would win?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2003 | 07:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Re: 03 STI vs. 400 rwhp WS6 who would win?

you got it ..how much boost is he pushin ?
Old 07-22-2003 | 07:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

hehe 2nd gear roll at 20 please
Old 07-22-2003 | 07:45 PM
TECH Addict

he wants a dig but fine
dont worry about the boost, it should be perfect to eat up a 99gt
im leaving town in 2 weeks so lets do it this weekend. PM me a time and place. I dont even know where in so cal you are coming from..
Old 07-22-2003 | 07:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Damn hes ridden in one on the street. thats the same as Driving one on the track...
Kris drives his on the street probably harder than most other STi owners would at the track. Give it 10 mins in his car, and youll more than know the manuvering capabilities.

I have TWO friends that have silver and black STi's....and YES i have driven them both at CALIFORNIA SPEEDWAY. Please dont go assuming things .
Wow, i guess youre an STi expert now. I only assume that due to the way youre talking. Usually when people are proving a point they use their personal experience first so they dont sound like a moron. I guess you just like to keep it hidden to oh-so surprise me with it later. Since youve driven them, you should realize they arent that quick, they just 'feel' fast while driving them. And i will say they are a well built car, but there still is alot to be desired.

RIGHT OFF: "from what i heard"...wow this statement must hold ground
thats COMPLETE bullshit and gives nothing whatsoever in this argument.
This statement baffles me. So youre telling me everything and i mean everything youve written in this thread so far is your personal experience.....please No, i would not own one of those, so i must go off of, and make my decisions from what i hear from my friend that owns one. He said his intake/exhaust/lightly modded suspension worked WRX was quicker and outhandled the STi, thats NOT impressive in my book for a car thats almost 10,000 more than a regular WRX.

OK YOU ARE RETARDED. ILL TAKE ALL THE MONEY YOU WANT TO BET. That's like saying "no way a AWD bpu supra can hang in the mid 12's."

you also realize the evo is one of the fastest cars in the slalom
I missed the part where a supra became relevant. There is a difference. I would own a supra. However, i would not own a car that requires 19psi to put down a WHOPPING 230 AWHP. Whatever mods you do to the EVO to put down an additional 120 AWHP just to run with my lid and exhaust car that cost about 12,000 less in the first place, is going to be quite a bit more than i spend on suspension work to keep up with the EVO. And with upped boost, good luck on any at all longevity. I could technically count the 12 grand less that i paid, and with that 12k in my car, be at least a 9 second car or make my car handle as if it were superman himself on a road course. You also realize the evo wouldnt stand a chance in that case.

Anything else you want to come back with?
Old 07-22-2003 | 08:12 PM
TECH Addict

Kris drives his on the street probably harder than most other STi owners would at the track. Give it 10 mins in his car, and youll more than know the manuvering capabilities.
ok i duno whats going on..i thought we were talking about todd. wtf is kris? so now the guy that told me he rode in one, now has one??

Wow, i guess youre an STi expert now. I only assume that due to the way youre talking. Usually when people are proving a point they use their personal experience first so they dont sound like a moron. I guess you just like to keep it hidden to oh-so surprise me with it later. Since youve driven them, you should realize they arent that quick, they just 'feel' fast while driving them. And i will say they are a well built car, but there still is alot to be desired.
.."realize they arent that quick...they just feel fast while driving them"

lay off the smack daddy-o, your starting to not make sense.

did i say i was an expert? I feel as though i pushed the car to its limits in a controled place. I felt what the car can do...and your telling me that driving this thing in traffic on the street you can do the same??
yes...there is alot to be desired in ANY car. I think they are quick and i think they are fun..(opinions)

So youre telling me everything and i mean everything youve written in this thread so far is your personal experience.....please No, i would not own one of those, so i must go off of, and make my decisions from what i hear from my friend that owns one. He said his intake/exhaust/lightly modded suspension worked WRX was quicker and outhandled the STi, thats NOT impressive in my book for a car thats almost 10,000 more than a regular WRX.
you started off the statement with something that catchs me to say .
here it is:
"From what ive heard, more STi owners than not are dissapointed because the STi was overhyped. And thats what 99% of the people who back the STi and dont have one are going off of...hype, or what they heard. If we all went off of what we heard about supras...well, you get the idea."
That statement you made is an assumption of something that you cannot control. you have gone to every Sti owner and see the way he likes his new car?...hmmmmmmm.

the statements I made were completey different. So im lost............

I missed the part where a supra became relevant. There is a difference. I would own a supra. However, i would not own a car that requires 19psi to put down a WHOPPING 230 AWHP. Whatever mods you do to the EVO to put down an additional 120 AWHP just to run with my lid and exhaust car that cost about 12,000 less in the first place, is going to be quite a bit more than i spend on suspension work to keep up with the EVO. And with upped boost, good luck on any at all longevity. I could technically count the 12 grand less that i paid, and with that 12k in my car, be at least a 9 second car or make my car handle as if it were superman himself on a road course. You also realize the evo wouldnt stand a chance in that case.
hahah, i was using the supra as a reference.....in other words the evo is as easy to mod as a supra...ill explain it to you later

OK ONCE AGAIN, 19 PSI ON A STOCK TURBO. PUT A LARGER TURBO AND RUN HIGHER BOOST. what so hard to comprehend about getting HP?????

Anything else you want to come back with?

LOTS!! keep em coming, I LOVE IT
Old 07-22-2003 | 08:17 PM
Stu
TECH Resident

So 281....Is this gonna happen or not. Hes callin ya out in a 4 banger. Ya cant let that one go.
Old 07-22-2003 | 08:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

ok i duno whats going on..i thought we were talking about todd. wtf is kris? so now the guy that told me he rode in one, now has one??

Todd has ridden in Kris' numerous times, always after 1am, and always doing psycho crazy push it to the limits type stuff

.."realize they arent that quick...they just feel fast while driving them"

lay off the smack daddy-o, your starting to not make sense.

did i say i was an expert? I feel as though i pushed the car to its limits in a controled place. I felt what the car can do...and your telling me that driving this thing in traffic on the street you can do the same??
yes...there is alot to be desired in ANY car. I think they are quick and i think they are fun..(opinions)

What i mean by this is, ive driven and ridden in an STi, and the way the car is set up, it FEELS (seat of the pants) like its faster than my car. Typically, f-bodies dont feel fast for some odd reason. This crazy driving i speak of was by no means in traffic. It was on a track like road on the outskirts of austin, away from population.

That statement you made is an assumption of something that you cannot control. you have gone to every Sti owner and see the way he likes his new car?...hmmmmmmm.

the statements I made were completey different. So im lost............
Well, i cant see how any given STi owner would be happy knowing a 22K brand new WRX with 500 in mods can beat their model which was 12k more. Youve got me sounding like i hate STi's, and thats not the case at all, they just are far from worth 32-35k.

hahah, i was using the supra as a reference.....in other words the evo is as easy to mod as a supra...ill explain it to you later

OK ONCE AGAIN, 19 PSI ON A STOCK TURBO. PUT A LARGER TURBO AND RUN HIGHER BOOST. what so hard to comprehend about getting HP?????
Well since you didnt refute my last claim, i'll take it you dont disagree. Peachy. Now, youre comment that a EVO and a supra are close to anything alike is ludacris. The mitsu is a 4 banger pushing 19 psi with a crappy wastegate that is supposed to vent anything above 14. It is a not too upgradable 4 banger while the supra is a 6 with 800hp stock internal potential. In case you didnt know, the EVO 8's motor is only rated to 23 psi before its liable to turn into swiss cheese on you, so how on earth does that compare to the supra? Wow, all of 4 psi to turn up, you should see amazing gains with all that boost.
Old 07-23-2003 | 12:02 AM
TECH Addict

Well, i cant see how any given STi owner would be happy knowing a 22K brand new WRX with 500 in mods can beat their model which was 12k more. Youve got me sounding like i hate STi's, and thats not the case at all, they just are far from worth 32-35k.
i dont think thats possible. how are you going to get 300bhp for 500? im leaving out things that add comfort and speed like the the 3vari diff, 6- spd tranny, brembos...etc. I agree that they are over priced, but they just came out. How much did some dealerships ask for the new E46 M3 when it cam out? 60k, 55k?

BTW i notice that you have a WS6. Doesnt it suck you can have a car with the exact same engine (z28/ TA) for 5-6 grand less? Its all relative.

Well since you didnt refute my last claim, i'll take it you dont disagree. Peachy. Now, youre comment that a EVO and a supra are close to anything alike is ludacris. The mitsu is a 4 banger pushing 19 psi with a crappy wastegate that is supposed to vent anything above 14. It is a not too upgradable 4 banger while the supra is a 6 with 800hp stock internal potential. In case you didnt know, the EVO 8's motor is only rated to 23 psi before its liable to turn into swiss cheese on you, so how on earth does that compare to the supra? Wow, all of 4 psi to turn up, you should see amazing gains with all that boost.
there are many BPU evo7's in the 11's and 12's. what makes you think the evo8 is so much different?
The car just cam eout. Remember the LS1 when it first came out? there werent any aftermarket parts that were making good #'s. Hell the new WRX is just making its way down to single digit ET's.
The evo7 responded to mods well. the ratio of : bpu mods/ HP i think is pretty close on the evo and the supra.
Old 07-23-2003 | 01:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

The typical f-body owner has one daily driver, one heads/cam, and one blower car? ****, where the hell are my other two
Awesome, that means I'm 2/3s of the way there! Now where the hell is my heads/cam LS1...?
Old 07-23-2003 | 07:47 AM
TECH Resident

displacement rules, PERIOD, anything you can go to a small motor you can do to a bigger motor and guess who goes faster? it doesnt take a genius to figure it out. if smaller is better, why are the honda guys swapping in "big" h22's? find me a b16 in import pro stocks. its great that your over engineered factory turbo motors can take that much boost, grand nationals, supras, all those cars rule for that very reason. but dont go thinking 2 liters is EVER better than 4 or 6 etc etc. bigger cubes equals bigger bang, plain and simple physics.
Old 07-23-2003 | 07:54 AM
TECH Resident

Am I the only one hoping this post will die soon?
Old 07-23-2003 | 09:28 AM
Teching In

I hope it will die soon....and I was the one who started it!
Old 07-23-2003 | 12:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Am I the only one hoping this post will die soon?
I definitely agree. Boring...
Old 07-23-2003 | 12:25 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Well,if we keep posting how much this thread sucks, it won't go away. I just added a bit more life to this. TTT, and hopefully, To The Bottom soon after. :p
Old 07-23-2003 | 12:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

where in cali is thsi wrx ? let me know ? im in the 818 area
Old 07-26-2003 | 03:35 PM
On The Tree

Y were u dissing The camaro Kid for paying $8K for his car? And saying it is only a straight line car? I remember him saying he had suspension stuff done to it. He got a good deal and plenty of performance. Why would you care how much someone else's car costs? Are you jealous because an 8K dollar car can outrun the Sti, not trying. And you didn't respond to the facts that 281 wrote for you.(the website.) You seem to single him out because he is not liked by some of the people on here, he seemed to be talking logic and not just talkin ****. Do you even remember what the original post was about? It was a post about an ls1 car running against an import on an ls1 site. so they said the sti was slow in reference to the fbody and slow for what it was,,,,,,, so why dont you chill out and show respect for other people
Old 07-26-2003 | 03:47 PM
TECH Addict

ok who are you talking to?
Old 07-26-2003 | 09:31 PM
On The Tree

talking to 25 mostly
Old 01-29-2004 | 03:34 AM
14 Second Truck Club

I give props to the STi's, they are bad *** 4bangers, I see alot of them out here. I have yet found one that made me nervous, I am sure there is one out there, but i am not worried. There is always a faster car, you get bea, then learn to drive or get more *** under the hood, plain and simple. But like i said the STi is a sweet 4 banger.
Old 01-29-2004 | 09:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Stock STI's are fast but against a 400rwhp ls1 its not a match. The ls1 should be in the high 11's low 12's. Thats a second faster in the 1/4 than a stock STI.We are talking 6+ cars here and if the ls1 doesnt fall behind by 3 at the start it could be 10.

Quick Reply: 03 STI vs. 400 rwhp WS6 who would win?