Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

03 STI vs. 400 rwhp WS6 who would win?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2004, 10:04 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like WRX's and they are entertaining to run, but they are not real competition against an LS1 neither is a 281 or a Bullitt for that matter. The thing is, your boosted 4 banger may run with my car, but while this car will be with me and be highly driveable for the next twenty years your car will not. If I boosted my car with 25 PSI, only Jesus knows what it would run. But, I love my car too much to put that kind of abuse on it. The FBody went away also because the current design would not meet 2003-4 crash standards and it would have meant the whole redesign of the top front. Also think how many more were bought the "last" year and how many more will sell when they come out the "new" year??? The FBody is here to stay, I just cannot wait to buy a 400 HP factory SS...I would really like one of those 500 427's from the Z06 in an SS...
Old 01-29-2004, 10:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

The WS6 would win hands down. Unless you've found a STI with alot of decent mods.
Old 01-29-2004, 10:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ive seen quite a few. Subaru's engineers actually tested some pre-release with data acquisition in the trunk at atco. The sti has to worry about the launch as much as you do, its tricky. You should have no problem just dont give up. If it is heavy modded your in trouble there was a red one at Maplegrove that runs 9's. But odds are its just some kid that cant drive.
I kinda like them , they are sort of ugly but fast and they come from the factory with stickyyyyy rubber.
Old 01-29-2004, 11:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ws6kid
I hope it will die soon....and I was the one who started it!
yeah, im sorry i posted.
Old 01-29-2004, 02:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Good thread. I just think people need to realize you can always run faster, but driveability and longevity are rather important. Put enough thrust on a school bus and you can make it fly (F4 proved that).
Old 01-29-2004, 02:41 PM
TECH Regular

nothing better then a vid...take one from in side your car...and catch his car getting smaller and smaller in your side mirrors/rear view mirrors...that would be great to see..
Old 01-29-2004, 02:48 PM
Teching In

Be pretty bad if it was getting small in front of him though.
Old 01-29-2004, 04:25 PM
12 Second Club

God, so many import-loving retards on an LS1 site!!! I just can't wait until it's sunny and 60 here in CHI... I get a half-chub thinking about torching riceburners driven by ***-eating, greddy/apexi/APC t-shirt wearing polesmokers. Hmmm.... now I just need to find somebody driving an import that will actually race me.

Wait, come to think of it, I did race ONE WRX last summer- boy did that guy look sad after I walked him.

Now, on a (more...well, not) serious note: STi's are good little cars if you have
A. $35k to blow on a car that is just "pretty" fast
B. To get to yoga class in a hurry after picking up the kids from school
C. Flashy APEXi, gREDDY, and APC euro-import Type R Spec V stickers left over from that 16s 1/4 '90 CRX because you didn't have enough room to put them on

BOTTOM LINE> LS1s and WRX's or EVO's are designed to do different things. The LS1 powered f-bods weren't engineered to be canyon-carving great-handling cars from the factory, and the WRX wasn't designed to be a drag strip killer. What makes this hobby interesting is that anybody can buy either car and do whatever with it. If an f-body owner wants to make his car generate as many g's as a typical wrx, they can. If a wrx owner wants to go fast in a straight line next to f-bods, he can do that too. To each their own.

BTW, import lovers on this site: This is an LS1 forum, we as LS1 owners are allowed to be biased against other cars. You should expect that, don't you think? And if you don't like it, get the **** out of here.

Last edited by baddogz28; 01-29-2004 at 06:12 PM.
Old 01-29-2004, 04:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

i too think WRX's are quick but kind of ugly. i love my f-bod but if they ever(they wont)made a nice looking WRX with a V8, i'd be on that in a heartbeat.
as for the race, if you have sticky tires and can drive well(decent) you should win. WS6's weigh about as much as an STi but you have the hp advantage.
let us know how it goes.
Old 01-29-2004, 06:07 PM
TECH Junkie

I am not saying I like the WRX as a drag car, I like it as a rally car. Rally racing looks fun and I think the WRX looks the best out of them. As for me, I want to run straight ahead!!!
Old 01-29-2004, 07:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WECIV
I am not saying I like the WRX as a drag car, I like it as a rally car. Rally racing looks fun and I think the WRX looks the best out of them. As for me, I want to run straight ahead!!!
Yeah that rally racing looks bad ***
Old 01-29-2004, 07:28 PM

Please start a part II

Thanks

Quick Reply: 03 STI vs. 400 rwhp WS6 who would win?