Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

If the track had a section for roll racing...

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 11:59 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

roll racing is not a bad idea at all. wouldnt you guys like to stomp on some imports/mustangs (lol) that will ONLY roll race at full boost or close to it. i would. basically what is needed is a huge track say... 5 lanes wide... miles and miles of it... and it be free where we dont pay maintinance costs except for bi-weekly or whenever we get paid the track workers take a percentage out.... er ****... sounds like a highway or interstate to me hahaha! but seriously though, it is a good idea just not feesable at all due to maintinance... roll racing is just as fun as any racing because its racing. what isnt fun is paying to do it and waiting in line as well. or what would be ******* AMAZING is if we paved a road extremely thick in a ovular bullsey shape around america and called it the americabahn. also no cops. lmao, or at least no cops that pull you over. but if there was no speed limit they wouldnt have cause... or cars to catch up.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:20 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope I am not the first to post this:

Standing mile races. If SHOs can do well then you can bet traction is not as much an issue. That sport is getting more and more popular. There is also the salt-very challenging and very high power/high speed.

IMHO we race cars, not engines and gear sets. Cars have things like weight and suspension and drivers. I love HDPE and drag racing because they test a car and driver, not an engine and transmission. Weight means pretty much dick in a roll race unless there is a 2000LB difference. Suspension means little too. Aerodynamics counts I guess.
Old 02-20-2008, 10:19 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

er wow idk how or why that wasnt on my mind, but a standing mile race would be great. thats an intense burst of who indeed has the faster car. and if more tracks did even that im sure it would open the door for future roll races as the tracks would get longer for a standing mile. as they would need probably another half to slow down safely...