Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Friday night, and 2 liter bikes.

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 10:03 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man your car is fast, but even I'm surprised both bikes didnt walk all over you unless you started your roll from like 140mph.. we all know in the top end the vette will walk away but on a standard roll liter bikes are friggen animals.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:11 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice, I love your stories. I dont care what other people say because were pretty much in the same boat. And for the guys that think a 600+whp Vette cant beat a 600 bike, you need to run one that can drive. I ran an 07 R6 and totally destroyed it (as in not even close) Right from the initial hit he fell back right away, and even when he would hit it first he would only get 1-2 cars on me then get reeled in and passed like he hit a wall.

Ive also raced a 07 GSXR 1K and they are freakin insane, but from about 40-140 I held him off (same situation) he then crept by me and had maybe 2 cars on me before he couldn't pull anymore. Then I started gaining it back, im not going to claim I beat him but I started to reel him back in and would have passed him if we had more room.

PS...Im fully aware of what these bikes run etc, I have been riding for years and have plenty of friends who ride.
Old 02-11-2008, 02:07 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

nice runs! btw pete you still owe me a ride in that vette!!!
Old 02-11-2008, 04:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by sciff5
Man your car is fast, but even I'm surprised both bikes didnt walk all over you unless you started your roll from like 140mph.. we all know in the top end the vette will walk away but on a standard roll liter bikes are friggen animals.

80mph rolling start. I took the hit. It is what it is.
Old 02-11-2008, 04:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Quik Z06
Nice, I love your stories. I dont care what other people say because were pretty much in the same boat. And for the guys that think a 600+whp Vette cant beat a 600 bike, you need to run one that can drive. I ran an 07 R6 and totally destroyed it (as in not even close) Right from the initial hit he fell back right away, and even when he would hit it first he would only get 1-2 cars on me then get reeled in and passed like he hit a wall.

Ive also raced a 07 GSXR 1K and they are freakin insane, but from about 40-140 I held him off (same situation) he then crept by me and had maybe 2 cars on me before he couldn't pull anymore. Then I started gaining it back, im not going to claim I beat him but I started to reel him back in and would have passed him if we had more room.

PS...Im fully aware of what these bikes run etc, I have been riding for years and have plenty of friends who ride.

Word. Thanks for the props dawg.

I just need to get a video camera in the car I guess. Tired of this internet he said she said ****. Had an R1 for quite some time as well.... standup wheelie champ....not to mention 1-5 gear with one wheel on the ground. Love bikes...just can't ride them anymore, unless I wanna end up dead.

I think people are failing to read, that I didn't say I WALKED a liter bike(s),...I merely got out in front for my entire 3rd, hit 4th,..and he passed me at nearly the top of 4th...the cbr, could NOT pass me until I lifted. The gixer, was out in front but,...again, given more room,..if I would have been able to hit 5th gear and stick it for a bit,...I would have realed him in. Thats it.

I have no problem with anyone disbelieving me,...it's all good. In that case, might as well tell you about the agusta MV(1000cc bike) that I ran into with a ZX6R cruising together on the highway. Had my girl in the car....walked the 600(or 636 whatever)...and the MV hung on my rear quarter the whole time.....seemingly unable to pass. Was he on it? Sure the **** looked like he was....that time, I did go to 5th gear....and it was pretty crazy....till my girl started to bug out. Can't say I blame her...nearly saw the top of 5th.
Old 02-11-2008, 06:00 PM
Banned

Ok Ok "dawg" so you hung with some squid ridding on a stock gsxr 1k so what.

If it was this bike it would be a different story....way different.

Can you hit 175mph (gear limited) in under 11 seconds? I think not.

04 gsxr 1k lowered, +4 swingarm,-1 sprocket, airshifter ,full Hindle , pcIII
9.3 @149

/Thread

Last edited by ta_06374; 02-11-2008 at 06:07 PM.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:12 PM
Launching!

You guys need to loosen up a bit...Jamie's car is extremely fast, and that's coming from myself who has a decently quick all motor car(10.7's @ 132).

Jamie and I have raced on his "other" setup and he put a nice little pull on me.....Not to mention all riders are not created equal. Maybe these guys were squids, but it takes a ton of bike/riding knowledge to ride to a bikes fullest potential.

Believe what you want but anything can happen on the street.....My buddies auto 6spd LS3 C6 pulled a C6Z06 on the hwy yesterday 4 times from a 60 roll, and this guy was driving the hell out of his Z to the best of his ABILITY. None of our friends want to believe that the holy grail of Vette's was pulled by a measly stock auto LS3 car...
Old 02-11-2008, 09:19 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
80mph rolling start. I took the hit. It is what it is.
80 roll deff helps. I know Jamie is not one to bull **** people either.

Any recent track times? What do you think your car will trap/ET now?
Old 02-11-2008, 09:45 PM
10 Second Club

i love racing bikes as well. i only have a 410RWHP auto car but i can still hang with the 600 bikes. ive raced multiple bikes from 50-120 and never lost worse than 5 car lenghts. ive tied with one guy on 2004 cbr f4i, i dont think he was very good at driving cuz we were door to door and i had 3 people in the car. the other bikes slowly walked away till about 110-115 then i stoped there pulling but they were anywhere from 3-5 in front of me usually. everytime i raced however i would spin the **** out of my tires from 50 to 85. now i have draglite rims, have taken 200 pounds out of the car, goten ls6 intake, soon to get a dyno tune along with some slicks. then i plan on racing them from a dig. i think i can consistantly pull 600's when i get my car back together. good kills to OP.
Old 02-12-2008, 03:54 AM
TECH Regular

Lol I love it when people get all defensive about bikes. Its hilarious how they doubt a fast car then claim what bikes run with a freakin pro rider on it. Run what you brung!! If a bike pulls up and get his *** handed to him (well then that's his problem if he cant ride) I myself cant wait for summer either, I will have a camera with me at all times, and im sure I'll get quite a few bike runs in.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ta_06374
Ok Ok "dawg" so you hung with some squid ridding on a stock gsxr 1k so what.

If it was this bike it would be a different story....way different.

Can you hit 175mph (gear limited) in under 11 seconds? I think not.

04 gsxr 1k lowered, +4 swingarm,-1 sprocket, airshifter ,full Hindle , pcIII
9.3 @149

/Thread

Your a bench racing mother ******. For a bike at THAT level...that'd be easy. I'd get Wavrdr or my cousins Josh's car on SPRAY. So, **** that bike you just pictured. If I have nothing for it,...one of there cars would rip it's ******* paint scheme off of it while it was blasting by it. It's 2008,...and bikes, don't have **** for the right car.

By the way, your tactic, is kinda lame. Prove your opinion to me, tell me the riders sucked, tell me this or that but, please, don't post pictures of OTHER VEHICLES(like the bike) that would clearly be a different story and that are purpose built for straightline,...which is not what I ran into on the highway the other night.

Since you seen to dable with internet searches,...check out Gary Javo's viper.....or check out a muscle mustangs and fast fords article with eth green SINGLE TURBO 88mm 281ci 4 valve making 880rwhp ******* UP a TURBO BUSA from a 45mph to upwards of 170mph-or higher.

Your lack of knowledge, and living in a world where you think bikes still reign champion, is over.

Thanks cupcake.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by wavrdr
You guys need to loosen up a bit...Jamie's car is extremely fast, and that's coming from myself who has a decently quick all motor car(10.7's @ 132).

Jamie and I have raced on his "other" setup and he put a nice little pull on me.....Not to mention all riders are not created equal. Maybe these guys were squids, but it takes a ton of bike/riding knowledge to ride to a bikes fullest potential.

Believe what you want but anything can happen on the street.....My buddies auto 6spd LS3 C6 pulled a C6Z06 on the hwy yesterday 4 times from a 60 roll, and this guy was driving the hell out of his Z to the best of his ABILITY. None of our friends want to believe that the holy grail of Vette's was pulled by a measly stock auto LS3 car...

Ten bucks says they doubt your et too. Thanks for posting flammo. Cage in yet?
Old 02-12-2008, 08:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by sciff5
80 roll deff helps. I know Jamie is not one to bull **** people either.

Any recent track times? What do you think your car will trap/ET now?

My car at 80mph, and 3.42's put me smack at 3500-4000rpm's in 3rd gear. It's what i'd call, a sweet spot. Hits very hard, and with my blower setup, it really doesn't take to long to build boost quickly. On a Z rated tire, and certain roads/highways,...it'll blow the tires off, enough to where I've had to pedal it already once or twice. No doubt, not good when you think of the precious time lost when racing like that. That night, on that surface, to ripped and dipped. That what the guys ment, when they said it was "nasty". Not at all saying this thing is the fastest thing in the world....not trying to say that....just saying, it works pretty good,...and can run with alot of various ****. Might not always win but,...very hard to beat. Maybe I ran into some bunk *** riders....who knows.... but,...that would have to make EVERY SINGLE 1000cc rider that I have came across.....a shitty rider. Which, is very possible.

Haven't seen you out in a while man. Myself, haven't been to the track with the new clutch. Last time I went, it was slipping soo bad, I went an 11.9 @ 126mph...lol Couldn't enagage a couple of gears by the end of the night. That was the same clutch I raced wavrdr on. Soo, I was obviously haveing problems at the track that night.

No new times just yet. Working on getting to the track.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by LS1Z28-00
i love racing bikes as well. i only have a 410RWHP auto car but i can still hang with the 600 bikes. ive raced multiple bikes from 50-120 and never lost worse than 5 car lenghts. ive tied with one guy on 2004 cbr f4i, i dont think he was very good at driving cuz we were door to door and i had 3 people in the car. the other bikes slowly walked away till about 110-115 then i stoped there pulling but they were anywhere from 3-5 in front of me usually. everytime i raced however i would spin the **** out of my tires from 50 to 85. now i have draglite rims, have taken 200 pounds out of the car, goten ls6 intake, soon to get a dyno tune along with some slicks. then i plan on racing them from a dig. i think i can consistantly pull 600's when i get my car back together. good kills to OP.

Nice.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Quik Z06
Lol I love it when people get all defensive about bikes. Its hilarious how they doubt a fast car then claim what bikes run with a freakin pro rider on it. Run what you brung!! If a bike pulls up and get his *** handed to him (well then that's his problem if he cant ride) I myself cant wait for summer either, I will have a camera with me at all times, and im sure I'll get quite a few bike runs in.

Key words everyone...."run what you brung"

Skill vs Skill SPY VS SPY

Old 02-12-2008, 10:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
Your a bench racing mother ******. For a bike at THAT level...that'd be easy. I'd get Wavrdr or my cousins Josh's car on SPRAY. So, **** that bike you just pictured. If I have nothing for it,...one of there cars would rip it's ******* paint scheme off of it while it was blasting by it. It's 2008,...and bikes, don't have **** for the right car.

By the way, your tactic, is kinda lame. Prove your opinion to me, tell me the riders sucked, tell me this or that but, please, don't post pictures of OTHER VEHICLES(like the bike) that would clearly be a different story and that are purpose built for straightline,...which is not what I ran into on the highway the other night.

Since you seen to dable with internet searches,...check out Gary Javo's viper.....or check out a muscle mustangs and fast fords article with eth green SINGLE TURBO 88mm 281ci 4 valve making 880rwhp ******* UP a TURBO BUSA from a 45mph to upwards of 170mph-or higher.

Your lack of knowledge, and living in a world where you think bikes still reign champion, is over.

Thanks cupcake.
Whoah, tell him how you really feel.....

Maybe you should set up a run with this uber bike, but make sure theres a nice curve in the road at about 180 mph.....he may cry when you go by at WFO
Old 02-12-2008, 12:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by sprayjunkie
Whoah, tell him how you really feel.....

Maybe you should set up a run with this uber bike, but make sure theres a nice curve in the road at about 180 mph.....he may cry when you go by at WFO

Roaring lion.

295 fronts, 345 rears and coilovers, own sport bikes.
Old 02-12-2008, 02:16 PM
Banned

Not saying my bike is invinsable to all cars. Im just having a hard time believing you ran with a 1000 with only 575hp. KTHXBYE
Old 02-12-2008, 03:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Not saying my bike is invinsable to all cars. Im just having a hard time believing you ran with a 1000 with only 575hp. KTHXBYE

Hey dude...the 580rwhp is an old video,...it said 575 in the video but made 580 but, again, for the record, if you go back and read a few posts,..you'll see that I am making more horsepower then 580....and I am making more then 510ft-lbs as well.

Soo,..your welcome,....now, go back and re-read. Search search little buckaroo
Old 02-12-2008, 05:32 PM
Launching!

You've obviously only owned a fast bike by the looks of your sig. And you obviously have never had a Y-body with 600+whp as it's quite a bit different than an F-bod, or a Cobra for that matter. These car have some serious aerodynamics and can put a pull on some unsuspecting road'goers....

I'm not saying that bikes are slow as they are faster than 99.9% of the cars on the road, but every once in awhile you come across a car with enough *****, and a driver with enough skill to take down a bike....even a liter bike...

IMO Jamie's car is a solid 138-140 car for the first 1320 feet, after that all hell breaks loose with the posi flame marks, and a license plate that falls off and spins on the ground!