Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

smack talkin in a K20 Hatch

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 08:47 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What does the LS1 have done to it?

If it's stock and you go from a roll it might be a closer race than you want. A dig should give you a nice head start that he shouldn't be able to keep up with though.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:07 PM
On The Tree

dude, seriously, you'll smash on him. my ls1 is stock and i smash on stock k20s. go for it
Old 02-22-2008, 09:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ONEBADASSWS6
You looked into building a Honda...enough said.

You're referring to swapping in a B series engine. Swapping a K series into a hatch requires expensive mounts, harnesses, and all kinds of other extras.

I dunno...maybe because you're doing an entire engine swap just to break into the 13's?? Thats pathetic. If I did an engine swap, and ended up running high 13's, I'd push the car off a cliff.
It's not extensive as you think. Granted there is more work to be done then 96+ but the people I know who have done it say it's one of the easier swaps they've done.

And a stock rsx 05 I believe runs a mid 14 and their curb weight is like 2800 wet. Drop that same k20 into a hatch and gut the hatch you're looking at a 2400lbs, and that probably on the heavy side if you really got into it. I think 400lbs is worth more then .5 on your et. And thats a stock K20a. Start modding it and you're going places fast. There's an NA k20 civic floating around these parts that took out a 03 termy with a 100shot.

I'd figure out exacty what he has before you just throw money up to race him. If it's modded Kpro'd etc etc you're in for more then you think.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:56 PM
Launching!

Sorry but there is a guy here with a K20 plus some other boltons hatch and he gets walked everytime. Now i know there are the rare occasions when the moons all line up and some other magical bullshit happens when there is a fast one. But hell just use the SS and have a buddy do the paddle as you win
Old 02-22-2008, 09:57 PM
ZV8
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by jermzz
It's not extensive as you think. Granted there is more work to be done then 96+ but the people I know who have done it say it's one of the easier swaps they've done.

And a stock rsx 05 I believe runs a mid 14 and their curb weight is like 2800 wet. Drop that same k20 into a hatch and gut the hatch you're looking at a 2400lbs, and that probably on the heavy side if you really got into it. I think 400lbs is worth more then .5 on your et. And thats a stock K20a. Start modding it and you're going places fast. There's an NA k20 civic floating around these parts that took out a 03 termy with a 100shot.

I'd figure out exacty what he has before you just throw money up to race him. If it's modded Kpro'd etc etc you're in for more then you think.
Drop a stock LS1/T56 off of ebay for $5k into a striped out 2600lb rwd car with tires and see what happens!
Old 02-22-2008, 10:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ZV8
Drop a stock LS1/T56 off of ebay for $5k into a striped out 2600lb rwd car with tires and see what happens!
Im not arguing domestic vs imports you idiot. I'd never put a k20 in any car, let alone buy any import. I'll rip on any of them ten ways sideways.

I'm just letting you guys know they can be faster then you think. The one here is running 11.4's in his civic with just a k24 / k20a head. It's gutted and on slicks. That's not half bad at all for a 4 banger NA.

All i'm saying is know your opponents. Its easy for dumbass' to come in here and say "oh yeah you'll rip on him" who know absolutely nothing and just assume cause it's an import that it's gonna lose. It's not their money.

Chances are if this guy had the time and money to swap a k20 into a pre 96 civic he has some knowledge of how / what he needs to make it fast. People don't do that to just have a DD.
Old 02-22-2008, 10:49 PM
Launching!

^I am pretty much with this guy.

But honestly in light of your encounter in the stock RSX, I would be fairly comfortable putting some cash down.

Low displacement applications that are utilizing high revs or high boost are tricky. If you have the right erson who keeps everything in running order and knows what they are doing, very surprising. If you have a dipstick who wants to do a cameo in the next ricer movie, very surprising........in how slow it is.

K series are pretty cool motors, but I would not really bother with one unless I owned an Ariel Atom
Old 02-23-2008, 09:18 AM
Teching In

ok just so everyone knows, im not new to the honda thing, as you can see i already have a k20a2 RSX, i just sold my Si Prelude and my gsr Integra. And i also had a 1g Talon which was ****** sweet. thanks for all the support and when i quits ******* snowing here in ohio i will have a vid up of the kill.
Old 02-23-2008, 12:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SovXietday
In the right car a bolt on Kseries will go mid 12s. Guys put them in these sub 2K lb cars and go crack stupid fast times all day long on stock engines.

By stupid fast I mean, times an N/A 2.0L engine shouldn't be running.

Heck, a buddy of mine cracked a 9.85 on his old single cam 1.6L setup. Same friend is building a 1200+whp setup now (still Honda btw).

In this day and age you just can't write off any kind of car anymore, you're liable to get burnt.
Ya that is very true but they seem like true racers. How many people with seriously built cars talk mad ****? As i am sure you know not too many of them. I bet he walks this guy.
Old 02-24-2008, 04:57 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by Cya_Vtec
ok just so everyone knows, im not new to the honda thing, as you can see i already have a k20a2 RSX, i just sold my Si Prelude and my gsr Integra. And i also had a 1g Talon which was ****** sweet. thanks for all the support and when i quits ******* snowing here in ohio i will have a vid up of the kill.
DC2 FTW . I had a Milano Red '94 hatch, and it was great
Old 02-24-2008, 05:32 PM
Teching In

I'm with most of the guys here. You never know what this guy might have done. I had a buddy back when H22 use to be the thing to do. He had everything on this car gutted. You could walked to the quarter panels push in and it sounded hollow. But anyways, he never did a bunch of **** talking. He would just race unsuspecting people and take their money He also had a nitrous bottle under the passenger seat. The seat was able to lift from the back towards the dash while he was in the car. And he would turn it on if he thought he was going against a worthy person. Just want to play the Devil's advocate here and say not all Honda Driver's are idiots!!

But if he is an idiot and just thinks he is the **** because he has a K-series motor, make sure you videotape raping his ***!!! I would like to see his face!
Old 02-24-2008, 11:37 PM
Teching In

im not saying at all that honda drivers are idiot. I just dont like the ones that talk **** and dont know wtf they are talkin about or just make up ****. I have alot of friends with honda and import and they can be really fast. as can anything with enough money.
Old 02-24-2008, 11:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if i came up on a trash talking k20 hatch, i'd assume he's in the mid 12's.

i'd get a hidden nitrous system and some slicks.
Old 02-25-2008, 02:08 AM
On The Tree

You looked into building a Honda...enough said.

You're referring to swapping in a B series engine. Swapping a K series into a hatch requires expensive mounts, harnesses, and all kinds of other extras.

I dunno...maybe because you're doing an entire engine swap just to break into the 13's?? Thats pathetic. If I did an engine swap, and ended up running high 13's, I'd push the car off a cliff.

fun fact, i looked into building a honda, do you want to know why?

because i needed something to hold me over while i TT my cobra and shoot for 1000RWHP. Not that youd know how hard that is to do or anything with your own 2 hands. probally dont even dyno past 400RWHP yourself.

fun fact, did you know you can buy a LS integra with the b18 in it and turbo it and run 12s for a lil under 2.5k on the stock engine? EBay turbo kits sure have upped there quailty these days. and it will actually last so long as you keep it at 9psi or so.

If you did an engine swap with a V8 and ran 13s, id help you push that car off a cliff...if you did an engine swap and make a 16 sec 4cyl a 13 sec one and tried to push that car off a cliff, id make sure you were in it( remember this part of my post ok? its kinda long). and heres why.

Your unaware of the world outside of v8s, very unaware. the fact that you dont see an achivement in making a 16 sec car into a 13 sec one is just sad when it has halfd the cylinders of your car and even less ten half the displacement most of the time and run 13s (k series will see 12s tho in right car)

. Sad thing is back in the 1980s chevy had that HORRIBLE 305 and 350s that were just plain ***. to get GOOD times out of those cars (Firebird, camaro) what was the first thing a person with 11s on there mind did? ripped out the stock engine and put a new one in. Do you know sometimes that the engine swapped into those cars usually only runs....13s-12s when it comes to the "Economical" swaps the same way honda owners "econimicaly swap" in there driveway. Think about that the next time you say youd push a car off a cliff that needs an engine swap to run 13s or 12s, cause its not just four bangers.

now do you see why i said id push you off a cliff in a car you engine swapped a v8 into before? to show the irony of your stupidty in your death.

Your blind hypocritisim is just ******* retarted and gives all us v8 owners a bad name
Old 02-25-2008, 01:30 PM
Banned

Wants an LS1

i love your sig about the lawn mower that is great! my buddy always tells me about how he has more hp per liter in his cobalt SS and i just laugh at him.
Old 02-25-2008, 02:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Wants an LS1
fun fact, i looked into building a honda, do you want to know why?

because i needed something to hold me over while i TT my cobra and shoot for 1000RWHP. Not that youd know how hard that is to do or anything with your own 2 hands. probally dont even dyno past 400RWHP yourself.
The fact that you even considered building a Hodna up shows that you are nothing more than a know-it-all ricer. Get your hands dirty?? Yea, sure, maybe after you pay the shop to do your engine swap for you.

fun fact, did you know you can buy a LS integra with the b18 in it and turbo it and run 12s for a lil under 2.5k on the stock engine? EBay turbo kits sure have upped there quailty these days. and it will actually last so long as you keep it at 9psi or so.
Fun Fact: You're wrong, nothing changes.

A B18 cannot hold enough power to run 12's reliably. See, Hondas use this thing called an open deck block, meaning that the cylinders are completely surrounded by coolant. Pushing anything more than a few pounds of boost will net you a blown motor in a short period of time. Not only that, but the stock compression ratio is way to high to make a reliable boosted application.

If you did an engine swap with a V8 and ran 13s, id help you push that car off a cliff...if you did an engine swap and make a 16 sec 4cyl a 13 sec one and tried to push that car off a cliff, id make sure you were in it( remember this part of my post ok? its kinda long). and heres why.
You wouldn't make sure of anything. If I saw your ****** *** ricing around in your Honda, I'd make sure to accidentally drive head on into you with my F-350. Then I wouldn't have to listen to your bullshit anymore.

Your unaware of the world outside of v8s, very unaware. the fact that you dont see an achivement in making a 16 sec car into a 13 sec one is just sad when it has halfd the cylinders of your car and even less ten half the displacement most of the time and run 13s (k series will see 12s tho in right car)
I see no achievement in making a pile of **** econo car run 13's. Its a complete waste fo time. Start with a good car, and built it from there. No point in starting at a huge disadvantage by trying to build a cheap FWD econo car.

now do you see why i said id push you off a cliff in a car you engine swapped a v8 into before? to show the irony of your stupidty in your death.
Keep talking ****. You can't back anything up, and it would end very badly for you if you ever were to cross me the wrong way in person. So take some good advice for once in your life and shut the **** up.

Your blind hypocritisim is just ******* retarted and gives all us v8 owners a bad name
What gives V8 owners a bad name is **** talking Honda **** trolling the forum. Now do everyone a favor and go away, permanently.
Old 02-25-2008, 02:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Fun Fact: You're wrong, nothing changes.

A B18 cannot hold enough power to run 12's reliably. See, Hondas use this thing called an open deck block, meaning that the cylinders are completely surrounded by coolant. Pushing anything more than a few pounds of boost will net you a blown motor in a short period of time. Not only that, but the stock compression ratio is way to high to make a reliable boosted application.

while i agree with you to some extent, a b18b turbo'd hatch could go 12's all day long with the proper suspension setup and driver. I had a b16 turbo del sol that made 283whp and 227wtq at only 7psi with a 60 trim. before i schooled a piston in the stock b16 (piston, not a cylinder) i was at 15psi with the same 60 trim, tuned and it lasted for about 5 months.

gutted honda's aren't as slow as some may assume with turbos and k20's...especially some that are setup right
Old 02-25-2008, 04:15 PM
On The Tree

MOST not all but most of the honda **** talker guys you run in to you will be able to take care of.

i have been surrounded by hondas since i started driving and got into cars, not by choice, but because all my friends but 2 drive hondas.

one friend has a 99 integra b18b1 with a revhard turbo kit, small t3/t4 and it put a caynon in the cylinder less than 500 miles later. the car has come back fully forged and a 76mm trim t3/4 on it, made 565 rwhp and about 520rwtq, and ran a 10.8 @ 140 mph, ill admit it should have made a 9 sec pass easily, just a tuning issue, but the best pass on pump gas/street tires was 13.3 @ 125+mph hahaha after that day the car started smoking badly and that car was nothing but head aches.

since then he has built a k20 hatch with some head work done + bolt ons, and the car runs solid, and decent times mid 12's or so.

these cars can be fast, but it takes a real car guy to make them that quick, and most car guys dont work on hondas. mainly because it is hard to make a honda both quick and reliable, not to say it can't be done, but its harder to run 11's in a honda than an ls1, it all just depends on what you like to drive.

i think most of us made the right choice
Old 02-25-2008, 04:49 PM
***Repost Police***

I'm not gonna bother quoting him and making him feel special, but for the record 7-9psi is perfectly safe on basically any B/H series engine. Open deck or not. And 250-275whp in a ~2500lb car is dangerous, even if it is wrong wheel drive. And for the record... *Wants an LS1* has a Cobra, you ******* moron
Old 02-25-2008, 05:27 PM
Banned

Ok So Im Not Gunna Lie I Love Reading Every Thread That Onebadassws6 Posts In. He Sturs The **** Up So Much.

Onebadassws6 I Dont Care If You Are Ever Wrong, You Make Every Thread Entertaining As ****!

Quick Reply: smack talkin in a K20 Hatch