Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

smack talkin in a K20 Hatch

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 02:34 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by t . b o z
s2000's are cool, they're a blast to drive, especially when you wrap that little 2 liter to 9 grand. Its screams

I actualy have wanted one for along time, I jsut firgure if I ever end up getting a honda again, I will either be getting a S2000 or possible a GSR teg. I like the AP1 more though because the f20 model was awsome compared to the f22 model. I'd rather rev 9Grand then have a little bit more tourqe, haha is a honda lol.
Old 02-27-2008, 02:48 AM
On The Tree

Well, the Ap2's have the better transmission and diff. They're less prone to breaking

If you do get an Ap1, make sure you get a later year, with a glass rear window.
Old 02-27-2008, 11:46 AM
***Repost Police***

Well, the Ap2's have the better transmission and diff. They're less prone to breaking

If you do get an Ap1, make sure you get a later year, with a glass rear window.
Like my mom's Sebring Silver '03
Old 02-27-2008, 11:54 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by thefastlife4me
Well think about it, the whole JDM thing going on and the cars that are super clean and taken care of, are cool because in a way it's like what or muscle cars kind of have. It's just when the the fast and the furious **** tards go out and rice the hell out of there bolt on non vtec civic, and claim to be god.

I hate having to roll around on a friday night and pull into a sonic and see these POS riced out cars with lambo doors and neon lights, and then there all drunk in a parking lot and try and start as many fights as they can.

Don't tell me no one else on this site feels the way I do? Personaly i'm trying to figure out why people who own a import or a riced out one would even want to be on this site?
I feel the same way man. I don't like the import scene at all, I don't understand how someone can think a riced up Civic is good looking, or an evo or sti for that matter. Stupid wings, body kits, and sideways fart cans just don't appeal to me at all. And just about every import you see, be it an RX-7, Supra, 350Z, or any number of others, has a huge aftermarket sideways muffler sticking out the back. Do these people actually think that looks good?? Thats what they do in Japan though, so thats what ricers do here. Its pathetic, really.

As for the Civic with the blue wheels that was posted, there is a large distinction between "clean" and "good looking". The car may be clean, but it sure as hell isn't a good looking car. The blue wheels are especially tacky. Sorry, but a Honda Civic hatch isn't going to win any "best looking" car awards, its a turd on wheels.
Old 02-27-2008, 12:08 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Cya_Vtec
im almsot sure it still has stock manifolds and maybe just a Ebay intake, and i bolt on muffler lol. I will know more tonight. he also said that he walked a twin turbo WS6 from a 60 roll lol, so he is what i would call a Douche Bag!
see if he wants to race another twin-turbo T/A....
Old 02-28-2008, 12:36 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ONEBADASSWS6
I feel the same way man. I don't like the import scene at all, I don't understand how someone can think a riced up Civic is good looking, or an evo or sti for that matter. Stupid wings, body kits, and sideways fart cans just don't appeal to me at all. And just about every import you see, be it an RX-7, Supra, 350Z, or any number of others, has a huge aftermarket sideways muffler sticking out the back. Do these people actually think that looks good?? Thats what they do in Japan though, so thats what ricers do here. Its pathetic, really.

As for the Civic with the blue wheels that was posted, there is a large distinction between "clean" and "good looking". The car may be clean, but it sure as hell isn't a good looking car. The blue wheels are especially tacky. Sorry, but a Honda Civic hatch isn't going to win any "best looking" car awards, its a turd on wheels.
You can have your opinion, and Ill keep mine. But just so you know, the wheels are painted NBM, same shade thats on the 'vette and other GM vehicles. We added a little flare to it though..we added some more metallic micro-flake so it pops in the sunlight. Its kinda like the special edition T/A's, the white and blue scheme, I think it looks cool. But yea, I guess its a turd since its a '92, yet that car doesn't have a single rattle in it. Wish I could say that about my Trans Am thats almost 9 years newer, and has half the amount of miles on it.
Old 02-28-2008, 12:38 AM
***Repost Police***

You can have your opinion, and Ill keep mine. But just so you know, the wheels are painted NBM, same shade thats on the 'vette and other GM vehicles. We added a little flare to it though..we added some more metallic micro-flake so it pops in the sunlight. Its kinda like the special edition T/A's, the white and blue scheme, I think it looks cool. But yea, I guess its a turd since its a '92, yet that car doesn't have a single rattle in it. Wish I could say that about my Trans Am thats almost 9 years newer, and has half the amount of miles on it.
Imports are always garbage to him, no matter how clean and well done they are. Personally, I think that's a very clean EG
Old 02-28-2008, 12:47 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Imports are always garbage to him, no matter how clean and well done they are. Personally, I think that's a very clean EG
hah,Ill relay that to my brother

I've got a soft spot for the "H", mainly becuase its what got me into motorsports. I did my first auto-x in an Integra. Had a BLAST.

But yea, the trans am/firebird was one of my favorites too...I was just never able to afford one until now. The commercial that made me fall in love with it was the one were the T/A was behind the Ferrari, and when the light turned green, it ate it.
Old 02-28-2008, 01:06 PM
11 Second Club

those cars can be fast so i wouldn't talk too much ****. i ran one with an older k20 motor/trans on a 75 dry shot...we did his race which was from a 40 roll but shitty thing is he didn't have any comp. tuning at the time and his speed limiter was at 105mph--so it was a short race to say the least. first pull he spun and i won, second time he hooked and jumped out by a fender. i just grabbed 4th and started to pull up but he shut down due to the limiter. we both know if it would have been from a lower roll or dig, that i would have got him but i agreed to his race and i accept the loss. my car is no slouch at that speed also.

on that set up and drag radials, launching off a 2 step, i seen that car go consistant 12.3's at 104 and he was pedaling it at the 1000ft mark to keep from hitting the limiter. his new set up is a newer k20 running a 80 direct port shot, he's got aftermarket computer, and slicks but i don't think he's topped that 12.3 he ran on his original set up.

cliff notes: the car you are going to race COULD be fast...
Old 02-28-2008, 01:35 PM
Banned

Not only if the F-body chassis many times stronger and more capable, but like I already mentioned, my co-worker has a '94 "bubble" and its a rattle trap like no other. Everything vibrates and shakes, and when you come off the stage 4 clutch, you can almost feel the chassis twisting. Its an economy car, not a race car, you're only fooling yourself.
Old 02-28-2008, 01:38 PM
***Repost Police***

I wouldn't call the F-body chassis "many times stronger" than much... it's a wet noodle compared to a lot of modern cars, just like the pre-05 Mustangs. Hence why one of the first mods done to either is a set of subframe connectors.
Old 02-28-2008, 01:46 PM
Banned

I wouldn't call the F-body chassis "many times stronger" than much... it's a wet noodle compared to a lot of modern cars, just like the pre-05 Mustangs. Hence why one of the first mods done to either is a set of subframe connectors.
You obviously have no clue as usual. Subframe connectors are required for seriously competition, such as drag or road racing, where every little bit of extra stiffness of beneficial. On the street, subframe connectors aren't a necessity.

I can jack my car up at one corner, and still open and close the doors, hood, and hatch as if it was sitting on level ground. Try that with a Honda Civic and you'll see what happens, it isn't pretty.
Old 02-28-2008, 01:56 PM
***Repost Police***

My '94 Integra (same platform as the Civic) was quite a bit more rigid than any stock F-body or Mustang I've driven, save the S197 Mustangs. I think you're just in your "imports suck" world, as usual. And TONS of people do subframe connectors, purely for the benefit on the street. They're just absolutely a necessity once you get into competition.
Old 02-28-2008, 02:10 PM
Banned

My '94 Integra (same platform as the Civic) was quite a bit more rigid than any stock F-body or Mustang I've driven, save the S197 Mustangs. I think you're just in your "imports suck" world, as usual. And TONS of people do subframe connectors, purely for the benefit on the street. They're just absolutely a necessity once you get into competition.
Right. So somehow, still being in high school, you know enough about engineering to tell that your turd on wheels 94 integra had a "stiffer chassis" than ANY stock F-body or Mustang. Just by sitting in the damn car. And as a matter of fact, 03-04 Mustang Mach 1's came STOCK with subframe connectors. I bet your 94 integra was still stiffer than that though, after all the honda civic chassis is world renound in competition

With every post you make, you get more an more ridiculous, just quit already.
Old 02-28-2008, 02:18 PM
Teching In

Ok so i got to talk to this kid 1 on one lastnight. He said he was just being a hardass and said he beat a TT Trans Am, because i called BS on him. So he is starting to come clean. He said tonight that he thinks it will be a good race. and i guess he ran 14.0s alot and had 1 13.9 but was still doing 2.0 60ft times. So i am not worried at all. He has no clue how to drive. and i got him to race for 50 bucks now. So i could go buy a case of beer and put some gas in the car with that.
Old 02-28-2008, 02:54 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by ONEBADASSWS6
Right. So somehow, still being in high school, you know enough about engineering to tell that your turd on wheels 94 integra had a "stiffer chassis" than ANY stock F-body or Mustang. Just by sitting in the damn car. And as a matter of fact, 03-04 Mustang Mach 1's came STOCK with subframe connectors. I bet your 94 integra was still stiffer than that though, after all the honda civic chassis is world renound in competition

With every post you make, you get more an more ridiculous, just quit already.
Still in high school? Really? I'm glad you know so much about me . And I'm glad to see I made your signature. However, you might as well go ahead and include the rest of what I said
Old 02-28-2008, 02:58 PM
12 Second Club

They're just absolutely a necessity once you get into competition.
WRONG!!

...at least for road racing.
Most of the people who road race these cars actually tear out sub frame connectors if they were already installed on the car.
now yes, they are required to have a solid DOM mild steel cage in the car, so that does add rigidity.
But what about the people in F/Stock autocross, who are forbidden to use sub frame connectors??
They do just fine without them, even on the stickiest of tires.
See, if you knew a good gotdam about these cars, and went on the other forums once in a while instead of just on here sackswinging about your 'perfect' imports, and playing 'import policeman', you would know that MOST of what people sense as "flex" is actually the worst, **** poor shocks that were EVER put on a performance car from the factory.
Koni single (or double) adjustable shocks turn the f body into a completely different car.
There, now YOU have been domestic 'edumated'.
Just like you always feel the obligation/compulsion to do for your precious imports.
Old 02-28-2008, 03:04 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by dailydriver
WRONG!!

...at least for road racing.
Most of the people who road race these cars actually tear out sub frame connectors if they were already installed on the car.
now yes, they are required to have a solid DOM mild steel cage in the car, so that does add rigidity.
But what about the people in F/Stock autocross, who are forbidden to use sub frame connectors??
They do just fine without them, even on the stickiest of tires.
See, if you knew a good gotdam about these cars, and went on the other forums once in a while instead of just on here sackswinging about your 'perfect' imports, and playing 'import policeman', you would know that MOST of what people sense as "flex" is actually the worst, **** poor shocks that were EVER put on a performance car from the factory.
Koni single (or double) adjustable shocks turn the f body into a completely different car.
There, now YOU have been domestic 'edumated'.
Just like you always feel the obligation/compulsion to do for your precious imports.
You tie ONEDUMBASSWS6 for the most annoying person on this forum. OF COURSE people aren't going to use subframe connectors in classes where they are FORBIDDEN to use them. And I'm on plenty of forums sir, from Hondas to V6 Mustangs to LS1s. It's called getting to know as much as you can about as much as you can. I've owned/driven regularly a wide variety of cars, from C4 Corvettes to Hondas. And I know what flex feels like... a 3rd or 4th gen F-body (especially one with T-tops) has a good amount of flex. Shocks might do wonders for handling, but they still do nothing for chassis rigidity. I wish there was an IQ requirement for this website .

Edit: Or I could just ignore both of you... thank God for that feature
Old 02-28-2008, 03:17 PM
Banned

You tie ONEDUMBASSWS6 for the most annoying person on this forum. OF COURSE people aren't going to use subframe connectors in classes where they are FORBIDDEN to use them. And I'm on plenty of forums sir, from Hondas to V6 Mustangs to LS1s. It's called getting to know as much as you can about as much as you can. I've owned/driven regularly a wide variety of cars, from C4 Corvettes to Hondas. And I know what flex feels like... a 3rd or 4th gen F-body (especially one with T-tops) has a good amount of flex. Shocks might do wonders for handling, but they still do nothing for chassis rigidity. I wish there was an IQ requirement for this website .

Edit: Or I could just ignore both of you... thank God for that feature

You just don't get get it.

NOBODY LIKE YOU. YOU ARE THE ANNOYING ONE.

All you do is come on here and troll about your shitty imports. You just don't get it, nobody wants to hear it. You need to get a life, go over to your import forums if you love them so much. Everything you say is just bullshit that you've made up, you are pathetic.

My 4th gen F-body has t-tops. It doesn't have any measureable flex at all. The chassis is solid as a rock. I'd know, I own one, you don't. You are just pulling things out of your *** as usual.

Interesting how you also think the t-tops would flex more than the coupes. Its the same damn structure, you're on crack if you think the sheetmetal in place of the t-tops is somehow strong enough to make a noticeable difference.

If there was an IQ requirement, you sure as hell wouldn't be allowed to use the internet, because you're a retard. You are just like 25PSI, you think you know everything but you don't know your *** from a hole in the ground.

And yes, you made my sig, because you made one of the dumbest statements ever to appear on the internet since the beginning of time. There's plenty more I could post, but I don't have that much room in my sig for your bullshit.
Old 02-28-2008, 03:48 PM
12 Second Club

You tie ONEDUMBASSWS6 for the most annoying person on this forum. OF COURSE people aren't going to use subframe connectors in classes where they are FORBIDDEN to use them. And I'm on plenty of forums sir, from Hondas to V6 Mustangs to LS1s. It's called getting to know as much as you can about as much as you can. I've owned/driven regularly a wide variety of cars, from C4 Corvettes to Hondas. And I know what flex feels like... a 3rd or 4th gen F-body (especially one with T-tops) has a good amount of flex. Shocks might do wonders for handling, but they still do nothing for chassis rigidity. I wish there was an IQ requirement for this website
That's fine importfanboi, you tie your suprastars for most annoying ricetard nutswinger on this forum.
As far as the sub frame connectors go in F/Stock; EVEN if they
could
use them, THEY WOULD NOT. They DO NOT NEED THEM. Get that through your rice soaked brain.
The crappy stock shocks are what everyone (including you, your highness <- ) is mistaking for chassis flex.
But I guess you know better than the people who were racing these things before you were born into your 'rice generation', right??

When I said "other forums", I meant THIS site's other sections, you know the tech sections where the import worshippers cannot talk ****, and therefore, do not go.

Quick Reply: smack talkin in a K20 Hatch