Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

ATT: C5Zs Let’s Settle this…

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 07:22 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stevegrizzle
Oh and doodad ive beaten two 03 cobras at the track so BOLTON FBODY>PULLIED COBRA, RIGHT?
dude, nobody is saying cobras are un beatable. as i mentioned, i knew a guy with 642rwhp cobra running mid 12s all day long. a lot of cobra drivers are still in 12s with 11 sec cars. so i believe it.

I am saying nothing but the truth. what is so big deal about it?
plus, it is a blown 4.6 L car against a 6.0 L N/A pushrod car. looks pretty fair to me. stop this ricer BS oh he got the blower conversation. you run what you have.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by doodad
you said 1 car every time and now you are going 1-2 cars.

dude, you are deniying the truth. watch the second video again, watch where the passenger said "damn" whle the vette is still at WOT and cobra is already 3+ cars ahead.

here is a picture way before passenger said "damn" cobra is already 2,5 cars ahead. too bad, cameraman started to shoot the speedo and we couldn't see the exact lenght of the cobra but we all saw, cobra was pulling hard still.

edit: oh now you went up to 2 1/2 cars. LOL

Ford god's sake, somebody tell me if this is anywhere close to "1" car.

Lets see if you can do math.

I said 1 car, give or take so maybe thats 1 1/4, 1 1/2.

Plus I didn't account the starting position = 1/2 a car advantage.
So that could easily be about 2 cars.

Hmmm. You are a genius.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My point is who cares, a modded FI car pulled a bone stock n/a car. Leave it at that, stirring up **** ruined this thread. And the Z driver didn't powershift and was a new driver. They were good runs but to say it isnt a drivers race is a fallacy.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:26 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by MnMCobra
Lets see if you can do math.

I said 1 car, give or take so maybe thats 1 1/4, 1 1/2.

Plus I didn't account the starting position = 1/2 a car advantage.
So that could easily be about 2 cars.

Hmmm. You are a genius.
well, you just stated 2 1/2 cars on your previous post. what happened to you. you started at 1 car and went up to 2 1/2 car. that is 1 1/2 car increase bro. what made you change your mind? You simply onwed yourself
Old 02-28-2008, 07:26 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
A Cobra beats a Vette and it comes to this? The Cobra had more power and the Cobra won by more than a car and constistantly walking away. I would not have let off until 140 no matter what I was racing. Good race, great vid. Damn.
Why would you go to 140 when the agreed shut down is 120? especially when the other party requests it for Safety reasons, and because his blower gets too hot to run that fast. I was just doing what was requested..

Not like it would have made a difference, he would have pulled me top end anyways. But not by the 3+ cars you guys are saying.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:28 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

All I do know is the Cobra is leaving the Vette and we hear "Damn" (in a bad way) from the Vette. Oh well, this will go on and on and on and on......
Old 02-28-2008, 07:29 PM

well, you just stated 2 1/2 cars on your previous post. what happened to you. you started at 1 car and went up to 2 1/2 car. that is 1 1/2 car increase bro. what made you change your mind? You simply onwed yourself
Actually in my post where I posted the time the race and the result I said 1 1/2.
Not including his starting position. Also in your picture the cobra is about a car and 1/2 3/4s ahead. and at the end its about 2 1/2..... Like a agreed too....

I'm done.

If you want me to hear the Cobra won by 3 cars ok.

The cobra demolished the Z by 3 cars. It wasn't even a race, it was sad.

PS: That was also just one race.....
Old 02-28-2008, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Savior1974
Why would you go to 140 when the agreed shut down is 120? especially when the other party requests it for Safety reasons, and because his blower gets too hot to run that fast. I was just doing what was requested..

Not like it would have made a difference, he would have pulled me top end anyways. But not by the 3+ cars you guys are saying.

I see your point, Im on SVT too. He said 130 but in the heat of the race, next time go on, thats all. You guys raced 5 times and after the 1st and 2nd run, you saw he was not letting off. Next time just stay in it and you wont have so much bickering, hopefully.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Spray Him And See How The Cobra Owners Like That ****.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:31 PM
Teching In

you said 1 car every time and now you are going 1-2 cars.

dude, you are deniying the truth. watch the second video again, watch where the passenger said "damn" whle the vette is still at WOT and cobra is already 3+ cars ahead.

here is a picture way before passenger said "damn" cobra is already 2,5 cars ahead. too bad, cameraman started to shoot the speedo and we couldn't see the exact lenght of the cobra but we all saw, cobra was pulling hard still.

edit: oh now you went up to 2 1/2 cars. LOL

Ford god's sake, somebody tell me if this is anywhere close to "1" car.

thats like 1-1/2 to 2 cars.. which is what I said. The races were won by 1-2 cars depending on the race, not including the second dig where I failed.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:32 PM
Teching In

I see your point, Im on SVT too. He said 130 but in the heat of the race, next time go on, thats all. You guys raced 5 times and after the 1st and 2nd run, you saw he was not letting off. Next time just stay in it and you wont have so much bickering, hopefully.
true. I'll remember that next time.. I guess I'm just used to being in front and getting to stop when I want/ or what was agreed to LOL.

All I do know is the Cobra is leaving the Vette and we hear "Damn" (in a bad way) from the Vette. Oh well, this will go on and on and on and on......
I didn't say Damn, that was the passanger, and he said damn because of the torque he was feeling. After that race, he said "Man everytime you shift, the car just yanks you back in the seat." Unlike his SRT.

LOL its funny how things are once they have been editted.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Savior1974
true. I'll remember that next time.. I guess I'm just used to being in front and getting to stop when I want/ or what was agreed to LOL.

I didn't say Damn, that was the passanger, and he said damn because of the torque he was feeling. After that race, he said "Man everytime you shift, the car just yanks you back in the seat." Unlike his SRT.

LOL its funny how things are once they have been editted.

Lol, gotcha.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:39 PM
Staging Lane

savior, I am not saying anything against you at all. I respect you taking the challenge and making this happen. I just stated my opinion above. 1 car = cobra's rear bumper at your front bumper. on the video, cobra is a lot further than that. at least it was a friendly race.

oh and stevegrizzle: you know every car can be fast with modifications. a stock Z owner claimed it is a drivers race and we simply disagreed and these 2 gentelman agreed to have a friendly match to give people an idea (to those who didn't have any) how the race would be between stock Z vs pullied cobra. you go ahead and spray, put 10 cars on a cobra, it won't impress me.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:39 PM

Do You Know You Type In Caps All The Time? Just Curious?
Old 02-28-2008, 07:41 PM

savior, I am not saying anything against you at all. I respect you taking the challenge and making this happen. I just stated my opinion above. 1 car = cobra's rear bumper at your front bumper. on the video, cobra is a lot further than that. at least it was a friendly race.

oh and stevegrizzle: you know every car can be fast with modifications. a stock Z owner claimed it is a drivers race and we simply disagreed and these 2 gentelman agreed to have a friendly match to give people an idea (to those who didn't have any) how the race would be between stock Z vs pullied cobra. you go ahead and spray, put 10 cars on a cobra, it won't impress me.
Much respect after that post and I agree with you whole heartedly.

The bottom line is A pullied Cobra pulled a Stock C5Z which was the debate. Next week or whenever the OP of the original thread will also be racing a Cobra to make sure the dispute is settled.

PS: Cobra > Z ......

Great Race, Great Cars.....

Eff you bastards for hating on my SRT.... I got Torque alright bitches, its called Torque steer!
Old 02-28-2008, 07:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

This Thread Is Ghey Now Tytyty
Old 02-28-2008, 07:48 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MnMCobra
Much respect after that post and I agree with you whole heartedly.

The bottom line is A pullied Cobra pulled a Stock C5Z which was the debate. Next week or whenever the OP of the original thread will also be racing a Cobra to make sure the dispute is settled.

PS: Cobra > Z ......

Great Race, Great Cars.....

Eff you bastards for hating on my SRT.... I got Torque alright bitches, its called Torque steer!
Your the one who said it. Your exact quote "Damn!! When you shift this car into the next gear, that **** just throws you back in your seat."

You wouldn't have said it if the skittle did it.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:57 PM
Teching In

LOL.......I think you have been emotionally damaged buy this race,I hope you get over it.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Fas4d
LOL.......I think you have been emotionally damaged buy this race,I hope you get over it.

You gotta be careful with the use of the word "Cobra" around here.

Nice Mach man, have you posted any pictures here yet?
Old 02-28-2008, 08:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

We all know who wins power adder for power adder.....Annoying cobra nutswingers are cool

Quick Reply: ATT: C5Zs Let’s Settle this…